Close together trips?

I'm kind of wondering if anyone has taken 2 trips really close together, and has any thoughts or advice.

I have been chatting with my sister about taking a 3 or 4 night trip in October. We were just at WDW a couple of weeks ago, but she got sick and the whole trip just went by in a flash. It feels like there was so much we didn't do! So a quick trip during the Food and Wine Festival seemed in order. I've been pricing resorts and trying to put together a rough plan.

Well today, my dad tells me that he would like to go to WDW with me during the first week of December, to see the Christmas decorations. Of course I would love to go, but now we are talking about 2 trips just over a month apart! Am I totally crazy to even think about this? Would it feel weird?

We can't just do one big trip as my sister has obligations in December. What do you all think? Have any of you ever done 2 such quick trips?

lilclerk

I've done it. I went on a solo trip for 4 days one August, then took my nephew for 10 days in September. It was great knowing I would be there again so soon.

Upvote 0

tecowdw

I've had back to back trips where I left one weekend and returned the following weekend. This happened when I did my Thanksgiving weekend trip and then my week long December trip the first week of December. I normally space it out further now - I go the second week of December most years now.
:D

Last year, I did Labor Day weekend, a few days in mid-October for MNSSHP, Thanksgiving weekend, a week in mid-December (including MVMCP) and New Years weekend (had the best time too). It was quite the whirlwind of Disney trips! This year I'll forgo the September and NYE trips but the others are all booked.

If you like Disney World, can afford it and have the time...go for it!!!

Upvote 0

Annielkd

quick trips

I've gone two months apart on several occasions. Generally, I didn't think it was enough time between trips to really appreciate it. BUT, that being said, each time the second trip did not have good weather. I'm thinking the disappointment might have been more to that than anything. Anytime you can go to Disney is a good time!

Upvote 0

tecowdw

I've gone two months apart on several occasions. Generally, I didn't think it was enough time between trips to really appreciate it. BUT, that being said, each time the second trip did not have good weather. I'm thinking the disappointment might have been more to that than anything. Anytime you can go to Disney is a good time!

Yes - sometimes the weather can really impact a trip. I remember one week in May 2010 it rained the whole darn week I was there. They had record rainfall, in fact. Then, in December 2010 they had record cold temps the whole week I was there. That's even worse than rain!
:mad:

On the plus side, all of my fall/winter trips last year (mentioned above) had perfect weather on all 4 trips!!
:sohappy:

Upvote 0

vjgraham

The shortest interval between two trips for us was just over five months. We went in june 2009, then again in Nov. it was definitely worth the spending the money to see the Christmas lights since we were there for Thanksgiving week. My suggestion would be to see if you could schedule one big trip with all parties involved during November. I think the Christmas lights and decorations are up the second week of November, and maybe you can even do Thanksgiving week if you don't mind the extra crowds. Just a thought...

Upvote 0

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
I'm in the middle of a six week layover from Disney. Just left, two weeks ago, from a 9 day stint (solo) and will be heading back (with my 19 year old daughter for 6 days) in 4 weeks. Didn't have a drop of rain 2 weeks ago...hoping for similar conditions when we return. Do I have any advise? Keep the suitcases handy! And a tip to get in the Disney mood early...if you brought any of the round Disney soap home (from a previous trip), start using it about two weeks out. If I close my eyes in the shower, the smell of it brings me right back to a WDW resort!

Upvote 0

BrittanyRose428

I've done it once... In 2006 I went 4th of July week with my dad's side of the family and then again in mid August with just my grandpa on my mom's side. I loved it because I did not know about the August trip while I was there in July. I was talking to my grandpa when I came back and he mentioned that he really wanted to go again (he hadn't been since '93) so I jokingly said I would go with him, and we actually ended up spending a week there that August. I'm sure its different when you know about both trips in advance, but I loved it either way. :sohappy:

Upvote 0

tarjaybuff

Go for it!

We went Oct 2006, Jan 2007, and Sept 2007. Never regret the decisions to do it. We did 1 trip solo, 1 trip friends, and 1 trip w/ parents respectively.

Upvote 0

Poofiesdream

Went mid Dec. went back 2d week on Jan. Finished seeing everything I missed the first trip. Got such a good deal in Jan. went back for another week! Have a magical time!!!!

Upvote 0

Susan Savia

We are considering a week long trip in early October so we can go to the Halloween party and then our annual trip in January. Since we usually go in either January or February each year my concern is if we go in October and turn around and go in January would it be as fresh and exciting, as it is when we only go once per year....

Upvote 0

Annielkd

February and April

We went one year in February and then again in April. Things weren't as fresh... but, with the garden showcase in April it was beautiful. We try to seperate the trips by at least 6 months now. I loved the advice about the soap!!!! Thanks for that one.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
We frequently do trips back to back. We will typically do 3 back to back weekend trips for Star Wars Weekends. Being only a 2.5 hour drive away makes it much easier.

Upvote 0

bgraham34

I know a retired couple who go 1 weekend a month, and have been for 5 years. They are DVC members and love it. It also helps their son is a pilot for United.

Upvote 0

polymissy

I've done it, too! A few years, my husband and I had a date weekend in December, followed by week long January family trip with the kids. It helped us feel less guilty about leaving the kids since we knew we'd be back in a few weeks anyway!

Since you are considering October and December, I think it's a great idea! The parks and resorts are all decked out for those particular times of year anyway, so it may end up being entirely different experiences!

Upvote 0

durangojim

Last year we went in May, July, October/November, and December and had a great time each trip. I don't see any problem with going frequently, and we're from Michigan. Each trip did have a different purpose though -- May was my wife, kids and I for a family vacation, July was just my wife and I, October/November was for a conference that was paid for and my family got to tag along, and December was the 4 of us plus some friends and my parents.

Upvote 0

JSkellington#31

We have been going every 6 weeks now for several years. Most trips are 4 day weekend trips to unwind from work. We always stay on property and make at least 1 dinner reservation. It's far enough away for a nice getaway without being to far to travel.

Upvote 0

DizneyPryncess

Yes - sometimes the weather can really impact a trip. I remember one week in May 2010 it rained the whole darn week I was there. They had record rainfall, in fact. Then, in December 2010 they had record cold temps the whole week I was there. That's even worse than rain!
:mad:

Oh do I remember! It was like a monsoon - it rained all day from morning to night for 4 days of our trip. And the following week I heard it rained the entire week.

I took trips in March, May & December of the same year. March was just a Florida trip w/the in-laws, not a Disney trip. So we only did a day at a park. I'll say that it makes the trips less stressful to take them close together. If there's something you don't get done, you know you'll be back soon. So I think it's relaxing. Plus, different times of year have different things going on, so there's always something new to try. No two trips are the same.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

we are talking about 2 trips just over a month apart! Am I totally crazy to even think about this?

Surely you jest. That's what I dream about. If I only had the chance to do it I would do it in a heartbeat. Just thinking about the possibilities makes me break out in a smile. Take the trip and enjoy every moment. I'm so jealous.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom