Close together trips?

I'm kind of wondering if anyone has taken 2 trips really close together, and has any thoughts or advice.

I have been chatting with my sister about taking a 3 or 4 night trip in October. We were just at WDW a couple of weeks ago, but she got sick and the whole trip just went by in a flash. It feels like there was so much we didn't do! So a quick trip during the Food and Wine Festival seemed in order. I've been pricing resorts and trying to put together a rough plan.

Well today, my dad tells me that he would like to go to WDW with me during the first week of December, to see the Christmas decorations. Of course I would love to go, but now we are talking about 2 trips just over a month apart! Am I totally crazy to even think about this? Would it feel weird?

We can't just do one big trip as my sister has obligations in December. What do you all think? Have any of you ever done 2 such quick trips?

foreverbelle

We have done this a couple of times. Last year we went as just my husband and I in March then brought our son back down in July. The year before he was born we went in May to celebrate our anniversary and then went back in August.....its funny doing so makes the years that we only go once seem so long. LOL. I think its a fabulous thing actually because you can go down there knowing you will be back in a short while so you won't have to cram everything in all at one time or in one trip! So go for it and enjoy.

Upvote 0

PolynesianPrincess

We went Thanksgiving week in 2010 then the first week of May last year (5 month gap) and then again for a long weekend Vetrans weekend in November (6 month gap) We're going back again in 3 1/2 weeks (5 1/2 month gap) and then again the end of Sept (About a 4 1/2 month gap). Doing it that way is great for us because it gives us enough time to make ADR's for the next trip and also to appreciate the parks more. I feel if we went super often we wouldn't appreciate it as much. 4-6 months between trips keeps everything fun and magical!

Upvote 0

6laurac

We used to go every May and then again in August or October. It was great and because we would go twice in a year, we could always re-do the things we'd loved and do the things we didn't do the first time. Sadly, haven't been to home away from home since Oct. 2009.

But we are both excited to go next year with our 2 1/2 year old DD for her first visit. Then we will go every other year at least.

Upvote 0

Sharkreef11

Last October we went on our honeymoon for a week, and then the next month my family was staying. We couldn't pass it up so we came down and surprised them for a long weekend. :sohappy: It was sooo much fun and a blast to go back so soon. It was still so special and we were able to do some of the things we missed on the last trip.

Upvote 0

Sharkreef11

Yes - sometimes the weather can really impact a trip. I remember one week in May 2010 it rained the whole darn week I was there. They had record rainfall, in fact. Then, in December 2010 they had record cold temps the whole week I was there. That's even worse than rain!
:mad:

On the plus side, all of my fall/winter trips last year (mentioned above) had perfect weather on all 4 trips!!
:sohappy:

We were there too in that cold cold December! I did not like walking around WDW wearing a jacket and gloves!! :mad: We go to Florida to get away from that type of apparel. I go to wear shorts and a t-shirt. :cool:

Upvote 0

LuLaSue

We were there too in that cold cold December! I did not like walking around WDW wearing a jacket and gloves!! :mad: We go to Florida to get away from that type of apparel. I go to wear shorts and a t-shirt. :cool:

I was there to! Cold it was! You know what they say....We plan and God laughs...:animwink:

Upvote 0

ladydi

It would be close but I think the experiences would be completely different. There is so much to do in December that is different from the Osborne Lights, storytellers in Epcot, the castle lighting and MVMCP, and resot hopping to see the decorations. I think you'd come away with two distinct trip memories

Upvote 0

Figment73

We did it last year. We took our daughter for her Birthday in March. We did a family trip June 15th thru the 20th and then turned around and went back for an adult trip July 2nd thru the 6th. And then again went back for my Birthday as a family trip in November/ December.

Upvote 0

Disnee4Me

The closest we ever had between trips was March '94 and again for New Years '94 into '95. I was six months pregnant than and it took two hours to get out of the Magic Kingdom, and on the boat back to the parking lot, and to our off property hotel with a sleepy 4 year old. After that, we stayed on property.
Next year (December 2013), we are hoping to arrive on the 21st, leaving Christmas morning to spend a few days with my mom down in Delray Beach, and return on the 30th leaving on the 4th to drive back to Connecticut.

Upvote 0

murphysmom

Original Poster

We were there then too and it stunk! Well, as much as a trip to WDW can stink. ;) I hated being cold almost all of the time. I think took my coat off for an hour a day, between 1pm and 2pm. During the Christams party I had to keep running inside shops to warm up.

I'm hoping if we do go in December it will be warmer this time.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom