Close Encounter with a Monorail in the Middle of Georgia!

hrcollectibles

I believe it was estimated to be well into the thousands when it was on there before. Basically you had to hire a crane to lift it onto a flatbed, hire a truck driver and his rig to take it on the flatbed to your home, then hire another crane to take it off the flatbed at your home, then pay to get the big rig and driver back home.

But I guess if you had the money to pay for the monorail car you could probably afford the shipping.. Or if you know Mr Bill Brasky he can lift it on his back.. Chuck Norris could round house kick it to your house (like the NFL commercial)

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Here are some pics from when I saw it in 2006

060211_021_img_std.jpg

060211_022_img_std.jpg

060211_024_img_std.jpg

060211_028_img_std.jpg

060211_029_img_std.jpg

060211_014_img_std.jpg

060211_015_img_std.jpg

brkgnews

But I guess if you had the money to pay for the monorail car you could probably afford the shipping.. Or if you know Mr Bill Brasky he can lift it on his back.. Chuck Norris could round house kick it to your house (like the NFL commercial)
BILLLLL BRASKYYYYY!!!!!!

PlutoInOrlando

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Thats one of the ride vehicles for Harry Potter at Islands of Adventure.... What Universal isn't telling anyone is that they are going to replace dueling dragons with these sapce age vehicles:ROFLOL:

Now that's just wrong! hahaha:ROFLOL::lol::ROFLOL::lol::ROFLOL:

And when I 1st saw it, it just kinda took me off gaurd to be where I was, turn around, and see this piece of a WDW Monorail just sitting there. I mean - it's not something you even remotely think you are going to see in a remote part of GA!

lightboy

Ha, interesting. I've also seen that in Tyrone as well. Before coming to work for the mouse I was a mobile disc jockey, and DJed at the Depot for special events a few times. Of course being a Disney fan, I was so excited to see that when I pulled up the first time.

He actually has a very interesting property. It's huge. He has many old vehicles, ambulances, old Atlanta Motor Speedway vehicles and fire trucks...definitely an avid collector of weird transportation memorabilia.

Kingdom WDW

Wow! That's so cool! When I first saw this thread I thought Disney was going to announce dual theme parks in Texas and in Atlanta. Interesting story, though. Thanks!

brkgnews

For such a tiny town, it amazes me how many people here have actually been to Tryone.
It's a small world after all. :hammer:

By the way, I work in Newnan at a radio station that blankets Tyrone. :lol:

PS: Kingdom WDW ... ooooh... I'm sig-worthy. :king:

PlutoInOrlando

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
:lol:

PS: Kingdom WDW ... ooooh... I'm sig-worthy. :king:

Well, it was/is a classic line in that thread! I admit - I did laugh, but totally agreed with you! - as you are soooo right!

I mean - here I am, getting all excited about seeing a monorail in GA. How freaky is that! hahaha:ROFLOL::shrug::hammer:

Momketeer

Monorail on the 4th of July

The monorail still lives in Tyrone, GA and they dust it off for parades and special events. They brought it out for the Peachtree City 4th of July parade this morning. Weird seeing it outside of the parks but kinda nice having a piece of "World History" close to home.
"Please stand clear of the doors....."

Hope these pictures work:
picture.php

picture.php

Happy 4th of July!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom