Which way do you go?

• Clockwise

Votes: 12 40.0%
  • Counter-clockwise

Votes: 18 60.0%

• Total voters

FettFan

Original Poster
Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom are vaguely circular, built around a central hub. Epcot is a figure-8.

DHS is an awkward twenty-something that moved back in with its parents because it graduated college and doesn't know what it wants to do with its life.

I've always moved clockwise myself. At MK, I ALWAYS start by going to Adventureland first. At Epcot, I always go clockwise, especially in World Showcase.
I even trend towards clockwise at DHS....GMR and Star Tours before making my way 'round back and coming up through Pixar Place on my way to Sunset.

The only exception is Animal Kingdom....mostly because there's practically nothing on the left side of the park. I go to Dinosaur and Everest then finish out at Kilimanjaro Safaris.

Matt_Black

It depends on crowd levels, but I'll often go clockwise, starting in Adventureland as many go counter-clockwise with Tomorrowland. You can beat crowds that way. I did that at Christmas and was walking on rides up until lunch time

DManRightHere

We never really have a direction. Usually it would be a dash to the ride we wanted a fastpass for, check our phones for wait times and head to the next ride/show we want to do next. I guess we need to pick a direction now. I guess it would still depend on wait times.

Cmdr_Crimson

It varies.....But, Mostly it's this..
corkscrew2_med.jpg

Csmith041177

We always start counter clockwise and make the race to space. However, with New Fantasyland, we have started with just charging straight ahead!!

Magic Kingdom is always the first park that we go to after we arrive. We actually discuss our "must-do" rides for weeks prior to our arrival. We plan which ride we want to start with. It always varies. One year, our "goal" was to do everything in Tomorrowland. Last year, we did the same with Adventureland. If the Mine Tunnel is open in May, that will probably be the first stop.

FitzherbertFreak

Sometimes I'll start in Adventureland, but I usually head straight and start in Fantasyland (because of Peter Pan's Flight) or Frontierland. I kind of like riding BTMR 5 times right when I enter the park. :p No matter what though, I prefer doing Tomorrowland at night because the land just comes to life with all the lights. While I'm over there I like to head back to Dumbo and watch the fireworks as I'm flying. :)

Brian & Jill

On our first day we always stop at Casey's Corner for lunch, then we make our way to Adventure land and our first ride is always POTC. Then we kinda meander over to BTMR. After that we make our way to Haunted Mansion. Then we kinda make our way through Fantasyland and do everything there. Finally we make it to Tommorrowland and do SM,COP,buzzlightyear,and the people mover(because it's a nice ride to close your eyes and take a quick siesta on).then we will check our phones to see how long the wait is for Peter Pans Flight.No matter what time of year we go the wait time is always at least an hour. (They must put something good in the air in there) then we head back to our room and take a dip in the pool.

GrammieBee

I remember reading somewhere that since most people are rigth handed they will head to the right hand line or, in this casr go to the right and then move counter clockwise around the park. The trouble with this is that counter clockwise is moving to the left. So who knows. We tend to go straight ahead to Fantasyland and then around counter clockwise. Tomorrowland is usually last.

Wisconsin

This is a great question. We always go counter-clockwise but more importantly I feel is to get to the parks an hour before scheduled opening time. Bring your coffee and stake out one of the first spots in line. It always seems like the entry area is so full, but then when the parks open those folks are swallowed up into the parks. If you get there early and go counter clockwise you'll have the place to yourself practically. At least that's been our experience.

rodserling27

Like a few other people have said here, I start in Fantasyland too, and move counterclockwise, but I skip around to have a good time traveling through time and history. It sort of goes in chronological order this way: The Renaissance-era inspired Fantasyland into Colonial America at Liberty Square. Then I swing around to Adventureland which I suppose you could say is mid-18th century. I shoot up to to mid 1800s era Frontierland. Last I'll finish up in the "future" of Tomorrowland. The only thing that's sort of "out of place" in this chronology is Main Street USA but you can't really avoid that now can you? :)

DizneyPryncess

We go straight first. Down Main Street and into Fantasyland. As a kid we always went counter clockwise into Tomorrowland, and that was my favorite land. But now we like to hit some of the big rides for DD early - Peter Pan, Dumbo, Little Mermaid, etc.

lisa 1989

For 25 years we always did MK clockwise, but on our last visit went straight ahead to New Fantasyland, we were so excited to see it! Felt strange to break our routine. Next visit will be the same as it's my Son's first look at NFL. He missed out on our last trip as he took his girlfriend to Barcelona to propose, needless to say, son and fiancé will be with us in August.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom