*clears throat* SOURING

Laura

Premium Member
I want so badly to love Soarin', but it just doesn't WORK for me. I simply feel like I'm watching a scenic movie with fans blowing on me. Seeing the edges of the screen and the dangling feet kill the experience.

I've ridden it about 15 times, and only recall ONE time where I started to get a feeling that I was actually moving and that was the time I was lucky enough to get row 1, center. That's the only time it felt like I was RIDING something instead of just watching a 3 minute movie.

Luckily at DCA it's often a walk-on so I don't have to invest any time in waiting in line. It's worth seeing when you don't wait in line, but I can't imagine waiting over 10 minutes for it.

toolsnspools

I have only ridden twice, and the first ride in 2006 got an experience bump from the YoaMD. It was our first family trip to WDW. I was on my way over to get FPs for my family, and I had just about fallen over trying not to squash a 3 year old that got away from his Grandpa. Noticing his Grampa trying to catch him, I exchanged a quick, kind word and a smile with him and continued toward the FP machines. (I had 3 young kids of my own so I was used to dodging little ones on a mission. :lol: ) Apparently one of the CMs saw me and thought a little payback for being nice was in order. He took the 5 of us around the back of the building and gave us front and center seats. Hard to not enjoy the ride when that happens.

Second time was not so good. FP were gone early in the day, so we had about a 60 minute wait. Teenagers were trying to pass as many people as possible when the line was moving. (No more Mr. Nice Guy when that happened, and no they didn't get past me. :D) The seats we were on weren't that great. Still not a bad ride once we were on it though. It's good for the whole family, and there are a lot of extra details to watch for like the different scents, and the HM in the mountains. The queue needs a makeover. The first wall game was interesting, but after that it was annoying. They need a way to keep the line cutters in check too.

Wilt Dasney

I like it a lot, but it's not worth a 70-minute wait. I do think it's one of the best rides in Epcot, but that's not saying much. (DOWN, EVAN! I STILL LIKE THE PARK!! :fork:)

I would never base my expectations of how awesome a ride is going to be on the length of its wait, though. A long wait could be due to a lot of things that have nothing to do with the quality of the experience it leads up to.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I would never base my expectations of how awesome a ride is going to be on the length of its wait, though. A long wait could be due to a lot of things that have nothing to do with the quality of the experience it leads up to.

If only more people understood that.

Actually, on that subject, is there any website that just has a listing of Disney rides' hourly capacity?

EpcotServo

Soarin' is a ride that is about Simplicity, beauty, and an experience that's intended for you to let go and give your imagination it's mind's eye in three dimensions and let you feel like you're flying. Let your mind go-and you may be like me. I get all misty eyed in Yosemite, the music, the wind, the sights, it's moving.

When you wait Two Hours, you expect to meet Jeebus and shake his hand while simultaneously sky diving into a Volcano.

Bottom Line is, don't wait in line unless you know that it's just a ride and as such will be short and hardly worth it. Because there is no ride worth more than a two hour wait.

That said, Lee said it best. I love me some Soarin'.
:D

(Especially Condor Flats. I like our queue better, but they have Taste Pilot's Grill...which is the best.)

Animaniac93-98

I enjoy Soarin', but like most things in WDW it's not worth a long wait.

Sitting up front is best and the music is probably the best thing about the attraction. A new digital (don't tell me it can't be done!) film with footage all over the world featured would be great.

Laura

Premium Member
Soarin' is a ride that is about Simplicity, beauty, and an experience that's intended for you to let go and give your imagination it's mind's eye in three dimensions and let you feel like you're flying. Let your mind go-and you may be like me.

I lack the ability to do this. I try, REALLY HARD, on simulators to immerse myself, and I just can't do it. :lol:

Figment82

(Especially Condor Flats. I like our queue better, but they have Taste Pilot's Grill...which is the best.)

It *was* the best, when they still had their waffle fries. It's still excellent, but those fries were awesome, and a great change from the normal theme park fries. I love their offerings - so much different from what we have here. Actually, that goes for all of DL's quick service food.

Sorry, back on topic... :)

EPCOT Explorer

I like it a lot, but it's not worth a 70-minute wait. I do think it's one of the best rides in Epcot, but that's not saying much. (DOWN, EVAN! I STILL LIKE THE PARK!! :fork:)

:mad:

You are level headed, and a friend. I'll let you live. :lookaroun :lol:

EPCOT Explorer

Surely you're reasonable enough to admit that the park's strength isn't in the ride category. :p :lol:

Well...um...I always thought it is, even now. If anything, it's much more diverse in rides now, than it was in the EPCOT Center days. Park of Omnimovers and Boatrides. :lol: Now, we have those, thrill rides, simulators, and much more. While the content in SOME of those rides are flawed, the littany and quantity of the rides themselves are not. :D

Wilt Dasney

Well...um...I always thought it is, even now. If anything, it's much more diverse in rides now, than it was in the EPCOT Center days. Park of Omnimovers and Boatrides. :lol: Now, we have those, thrill rides, simulators, and much more. While the content in SOME of those rides are flawed, the littany and quantity of the rides themselves are not. :D
To each his own. :D

I've always seen the park as primarily a place to poke around and soak up ambiance, with a handful of decent rides thrown in.

_Scar

I agree with Lee, Soarin' is one of the few things at Epcot that attracts me- but it's still FP or nothing.

If people want to wait in a 2-3 or even 5 (donno if I believe this) hour line then they should. It's really a great, unique experience and one of my favorite attractions.

lilclerk

It's fun. I ride for the music, but I agree... it's first thing in the morning, FP or nothing for me. Never waited more than 20 minutes for it, and I don't really think it's worth more than 30-45. :shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom