*clears throat* SOURING

xtina72

Original Poster
*clears throat* Soarin'

...yeah, not a fan. *shrugs*

Im sure I am the minority here on this one, but we waited 45 minutes to get on (not too bad) BUT! Wow what a boring area to stand in, nothing to look at but cement and those games they play on the walls which got about as annoying as that song at the end of the Nemo ride (dont get me started on that big blue world song. lol) We were speaking to the cast member who was in charge of the "rope" and she was saying that 99% of the time the wait is 2 hours or more, she has seen it as high at 5 HOURS on new years!!!

When I got off that ride, I said "I wouldnt wait 20 minutes to ride that again..."

I thought......"all the hype for THAT???"...

maelstrom

Maybe it was meant as a joke, but... maybe you'd like it better if you spelled the name of the attraction correctly.

xtina72

Original Poster
HAHA! Oh well, thats kinda funny.....I cant change the actual title of the thread to fix it so, oh well.......I know people get their panties in a bunch about that kind of stuff.

Soarin' - Soaring - Soarin take your pick.

BenS

Soarin' is one of my favorite rides. But I can see how you might not have liked it, considering the wait.

I've never gone on Soarin' without a fastpass, and never intend to. I just don't think any ride is worth a 2-hour wait (yes, that is often the case). It seems strange to take such a huge chunk out of a precious WDW day to wait so long in line.

Fastpasses for Soarin' run out early, so I suggest getting one first thing when you get to Epcot.

I've seen three-hour waits in the past. That's about how long it takes to fly to Orlando from where I live! :eek:

BigThunderMatt

Did you sit front row center? The ride experience is severely diminished when the entire screen does not take up your field of vision and you have people's feet dangling in your face.

Ziffell

Im sure I am the minority here on this one, but we waited 45 minutes to get on (not too bad) BUT! Wow what a boring area to stand in, nothing to look at but cement and those games they play on the walls which got about as annoying as that song at the end of the Nemo ride (dont get me started on that big blue world song. lol) We were speaking to the cast member who was in charge of the "rope" and she was saying that 99% of the time the wait is 2 hours or more, she has seen it as high at 5 HOURS on new years!!!

When I got off that ride, I said "I wouldnt wait 20 minutes to ride that again..."

I like Soarin', but I do agree that it's a bit overrated. I think the problem is that when it first opened at DCA, it got a lot of attention for being the park's signature attraction. DCA didn't have much else to offer at the time so this attraction consequently got a lot of hype. As far as the queue is concerned, I agree they could have done a lot more with that.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
It`s good, but not that good. A lot of hype and word of mouth. Old technology, disjointed film, built in Epcot in a knee jerk response to a celebration as a cheap and easy way of increasing park capacity.

Enjoyable once or twice as a diversionary attraction.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Some people think it's the best attraction Epcot has had in years :shrug:

It is good because it can be rode by so many age groups, and that shows in the wait times.

Fantasmic

HAHA! Oh well, thats kinda funny.....I cant change the actual title of the thread to fix it so, oh well.......I know people get their panties in a bunch about that kind of stuff.

Soarin' - Soaring - Soarin take your pick.

Souring is a very creative way of spelling "Soarin'" though isn't it.

I tend to use fast pass with "Soarin'" - or get backdoored on to the ride when on the undiscovered future world tour!

CAPTAIN HOOK

I rode the first time and was top row (almost central) and couldn't understand all the hype. I've ridden it twice since and it doesn't get any better

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I generally go first thing in the morning, grab an FP and ride right away [they show a 70 minute wait when the park has only been open for half an hour... :rolleyes:]. I don't think we've ever waited more than 20 minutes.

I enjoy the ride, but wouldn't wait more than half an hour.

BrerPete

How about: Snorin'? Or Borin'?

I'm with you. We waited at the rope drop this past August, after being their previously and not wanting to wait the two hour standard. It was basic. I agree its a ride that can accomodate grandkids to grandparents, but I don't understand the obsession.

Lee

Adventurer
Hah!
I love me some Soarin'.
One of the only reasons I actually go to Epcot.:lol:

Still, having said that....
-Not gonna wait in a line for it. It's FP or nothing.
-Time for a new film. One with proper transitions.

WDW Vacationer

Hah!
I love me some Soarin'.
One of the only reasons I actually go to Epcot.:lol:

Still, having said that....
-Not gonna wait in a line for it. It's FP or nothing.
-Time for a new film. One with proper transitions.

How can that be the ONLY reason?! Unnaceptable.:fork::lol:

I like Soarin'. I wish it was Soarin' Over The World and near WS,but I guess it's OK.

Edisto Pluto

Wow, I really enjoy Soarin. In the circle of folks we talk to about WDW all enjoy it. Everyone has their favorite ride/attraction for reasons unique to themselves and I guess it is OK to express displeasure as well. In any event I hope Disney will come up with a ride that everyone will love.

Enchantâmes

Well I'm sorry you didn't enjoy it, I like Soarin' and even though I'd rather have Kitchen Kabaret in that spot, I still ride it. I don't think its bad enough to start a thread to bash it though. :wave:

Figment82

It`s good, but not that good. A lot of hype and word of mouth. Old technology, disjointed film, built in Epcot in a knee jerk response to a celebration as a cheap and easy way of increasing park capacity.

Enjoyable once or twice as a diversionary attraction.

Completely agree on all accounts Martin. I go to the parks about once a week or more, and I haven't been on that attraction in at least 2 years. It's okay, but doesn't do much for me. I liked it a lot better in DCA, where it actually made sense and fit the area.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
If the title had of been spelled correctly, then people might actually be inclined to actually read this thread.

The way it stands now, it appears to be nothing more than some spam fluff.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom