Classic Disney Channel

palmickey420

Original Poster
i was wondering why Disney hasn't made a channel like Boomerang where they show old cartoons and show like Mickey Mouse Club, Goof troop, House of Mouse, and Zorro

Cmdr_Crimson

It should just use the name Vault Disney pertaining to the old show that was on late nights on Disney.
[YOUTUBE]
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mNOSg9iHghQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mNOSg9iHghQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
[/YOUTUBE]

sunnyeclipse

that would be great if comcast did something like that..They already have a spot with classic disney movies another spot would not hurt...if anything it would be better and draw more of a crowd...Wow classics Mickey Mouse Club B&W of course.Zorro,Spin&Marty(b&w)the Walt Disney Presents,the ink&paint club..We should make a petition have people sign it and send it to disney entertainment company have them look it over and see what comcast does..Long live the Vault dinsey

mastif

Bring back Disney inside out, vault Disney, and duck presents! I'd totally pay for a channel like that if they played those old Shows and movies! Remember when the Disney channel was a premium channel? I used to love when we got the free previews :)

surfsupdon

Me too. My sister and I loved free preview week. It was so special having "The Disney Channel" on in the house. Then my parents actually bought the channel, we were so cool!!

the-reason14

Gawd I surely miss vault disney. Dang wish they would get it back. I remember I used to love to watch the walt disney presents when he would talk about "new" things coming to Disneyland. I loved watching the behind the scenes making of DL's Pirates of the Caribbean and It's a small world. It made me more excited to go on vacations to Disney World. And watching Walt talk about Disneyland, made me want to go there so bad. (Finally did last year, amazing :sohappy:)

radiohost

The classic Disney Channel in the late 80's early-mid 90's is about 50% responsible for the whole "Decade of Disney" between 1989-1999 that saw animation at its height and park attendance at record peaks....

ARE YOU LISTENING BOB IGER?

misterID

The Disney Channel actually used to be like that. All they played were classic cartoons (which they played for most of the day after the morning kids shows and then TV shows, like Ozzy and Harriet and Zorro. They had Disney after dark which was geared for adults. The first time I saw "Psycho" was on the Disney Channel. It was sort of a mix between classic cartoons, oldschool nick at nite, and Turner Classic Movies.

Mousterpiece Theater was great, too.

Was "Inside Out" where the nerdy guy did all those reports from Disneyland and Disneyworld and about new rides and advanced technology being used at the parks? I remember the big episode he did for the Indiana Jones ride.

SMRT-1

Disney Classic

sounds good doesn't it? i think there might be a couple things they could show on it. :lookaroun:lol:

mastif

The classic Disney Channel in the late 80's early-mid 90's is about 50% responsible for the whole "Decade of Disney" between 1989-1999 that saw animation at its height and park attendance at record peaks....

ARE YOU LISTENING BOB IGER?

While I don't know if your numbers or right, or where u even got them, I would agree that The old Disney Channel had a lot to do with Disney's popularity during the 90's. That makes me wonder why they don't revamp the new Disney Channel. Hey, they could even charge for it like they used to, I'd get it. Unfortunately it's all about the short term income now ;-/

S. Paridon

I would ove it if a channel ike that was on TV. I would ove to show my son what I and his mom use dto watch when we were little.

WishingOnAStar

The only rule for the channel should be they are NOT allowed to show anything that came out after Zoog Disney. IMO that is when the Disney Channel began to crumble. I would love to see Adventures in Wonderland, Welcome to Pooh Corner, and Dumbo's Circus again!

L2DAVI

I think it would be great too. If they do this they should play the movies that are in the vault, (ex: Song of the South, etc.) I like the older movies and cartoons myself. My 5 yr son love the b&w mickey cartoons, I think he would love this.:wave:

NCState

The Disney Channel actually used to be like that. All they played were classic cartoons (which they played for most of the day after the morning kids shows and then TV shows, like Ozzy and Harriet and Zorro. They had Disney after dark which was geared for adults. The first time I saw "Psycho" was on the Disney Channel. It was sort of a mix between classic cartoons, oldschool nick at nite, and Turner Classic Movies.

Mousterpiece Theater was great, too.

Was "Inside Out" where the nerdy guy did all those reports from Disneyland and Disneyworld and about new rides and advanced technology being used at the parks? I remember the big episode he did for the Indiana Jones ride.

Yes, please bring this back, I would be willing to pay more to get more DISNEY!:lol:

orlando210

The classic Disney Channel in the late 80's early-mid 90's is about 50% responsible for the whole "Decade of Disney"

some of my favorite memories are the original 'Wonderful World of Disney' shows on Sunday night, where you would get some sort of overview from Walt (I remember it live when he ran through plans for WDW with a big wall sized map), and some great cartoons.

probably too wholesome for viewers today. :hammer:

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I would love to see a lot of the classic Disney cartoons and shows on such a channel. But I also understand that Disney sees how much money can be made on the "tweens" with their current programming, so I'm not too hopeful. Maybe I can find some of the old stuff on Amazon or Ebay...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom