City Walk - Last Minute Parking Fee Hike

liquid toez

Original Poster
Yesterday (Saturday 12/27/08) I visited City Walk around 8:30pm. In the past, it was free parking after 8pm, but last night they changed their policy - they now charge you a $5 parking fee after 8pm and its free parking after 11pm - the parking fee collector told me this was a last minute change in policy. Needless to say, there was quite a delay getting through the collection booths.

Anyways, this post is just a "heads up" for all those heading out to City Walk in the evening - leave a little bit earlier and bring some extra bucks.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Yesterday (Saturday 12/27/08) I visited City Walk around 8:30pm. In the past, it was free parking after 8pm, but last night they changed their policy - they now charge you a $5 parking fee after 8pm and its free parking after 11pm - the parking fee collector told me this was a last minute change in policy. Needless to say, there was quite a delay getting through the collection booths.

Anyways, this post is just a "heads up" for all those heading out to City Walk in the evening - leave a little bit earlier and bring some extra bucks.

Sounds to me like an employee doing a little till tapping!

"I'll just collect a little from these tourists for MY pocket, they'll never be the wiser."

From Universal Orlando's website: (Bolded=mine)

Parking Garage Address
6000 Universal Boulevard
Orlando, FL 32819

The enclosed parking garage utilizes moving sidewalks, escalators and elevators, on-site wheelchair rental, and an on-site kennel. Vehicles can leave the garage and return the same day by stopping at the toll plaza upon re-entry and presenting their parking ticket.

Daily parking fees per
- Cars, Vans, & Motorcycles: $12.00
- Buses, RVs, & Cars with Trailers: $15.00
- Preferred Parking: Available for automobiles for just a few extra dollars.

Please note that FREE PARKING is available after 6:00pm in the Universal Orlando® parking garages, except on designated special event nights, and excluding Valet Parking.

liquid toez

Original Poster
nah, no till tappng

there were about 4 toll booths open and each both had an official sign that listed the current parking fees which included the $5 parking fee after 8pm.

and that quoted parking fee schedule must be outdated because it does NOT reflect the current fees - the fees are higher

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult

Slipknot

That was not there on the 28th! I would not have selectively omitted that from my post.

I think that they must have gotten wind of this thread! :wave:

Not everything gets put up on the net as quickly as anyone would like. :shrug:

I never said you omitted anything, but after reading your initial post I thought I would stop by the site and I found that and posted it. :wave:

jcc0621

I don't post here much, but I am planning our August trip and we are doing a few days at Universal!

Anyway..this was just posted on another site, if it helps anyone

General Parking
Enclosed parking garage, moving sidewalks, escalators and elevators, on-site wheelchair rental, and an on-site kennel. Vehicles can leave the garage and return the same day by stopping at the toll plaza upon re-entry and presenting their parking ticket. There are also call boxes located throughout the parking garage which can be used to contact Security.
  • Cars, Vans, Motorcycles: $12.00
  • Buses, RV's, Cars with Trailers: $15.00
  • Preferred Parking Available
*EFFECTIVE JANUARY 1, 2009
Parking from 6pm - 10pm will no longer be FREE! Now $3.00

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom