City of Orlando Sucks

kiawahman

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Is it just me or does anyone else agree that the city of Orlando is just depressing. I was considering a move there after having been to the world countless times, but I could not find a section of that town that I liked. Even the downtown area is a little bland. Any thoughts?

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
kiawahman said:
Is it just me or does anyone else agree that the city of Orlando is just depressing. I was considering a move there after having been to the world countless times, but I could not find a section of that town that I liked. Even the downtown area is a little bland. Any thoughts?

Maybe its just your attitude.....

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
The_CEO said:
Wow a member posts their opinion and the high horses jump on them.. Go figure eh'?

So, its ok for the non paying members to post their opinion, but the people who actually support this forum cant?

Aurora_25

kiawahman said:

My parents have very good friends that live in Orlando and I have stayed with them- it's a very nice place and I would live there if I could someday....

WDWScottieBoy

I love the Orlando area and there are LOTS of places that are really nice. Sure, maybe not in the city itself, but there are places. MetroWest is actually in Orlando and isn't bad at all. Also, go to Windermere, Celebration, Reunion, Independence and you'll know that there are actually some good places there. :wave:

Thrawn

Account Suspended
kiawahman said:

Some people don't like cities. Try a nearby, smaller city? Like Kissimmee?

The_CEO

hakunamatata said:
So, its ok for the non paying members to post their opinion, but the people who actually support this forum cant?

You would think the people that support the site financially would also contribute positively. Your post wasn't contributing very much. The person doesn't think orlando is a good city to live in, it isn't for everyone.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
The_CEO said:
You would think the people that support the site financially would also contribute positively. Your post wasn't contributing very much. The person doesn't think orlando is a good city to live in, it isn't for everyone.

Let me rephrase so its a positive statement:

kiawahman, do you think that maybe you have experienced something in your past that would have caused you to have a negative impression of the fine city of Orlando? Maybe something that could have skewed your "attitude" towards it?

Ok, CEO, hopefully this makes you happy and gives you a warm fuzzy feeling.....

WDWScottieBoy

hakunamatata said:
Let me rephrase so its a positive statement:

kiawahman, do you think that maybe you have experienced something in your past that would have caused you to have a negative impression of the fine city of Orlando? Maybe something that could have skewed your "attitude" towards it?

Ok, CEO, hopefully this makes you happy and gives you a warm fuzzy feeling.....

:lol: I think the OP was just not looking in the right places since there are so many places to visit there. Sure, not everything is pretty, but a lot of it is.

crazydaveh

I moved to the Orlando area just this week. I don't live in "Orlando" but I live in the metro area. I understand where you come off as saying you don't like it, but I like it.

There's a lot to do here besides the parks, they may not seem great to you or others, but I like them, and so do a lot more people.

I say don't knock a city or a place until you've lived there. Then you can say if it sucks or not. Visiting doesn't count.

Woody13

The Orlando Area has a very high crime rate:

The Relocation Crime Lab Index gives the city's crime rate relative to the national average of all the cities in our database. A value of 100 means that the city is exactly average. A value of 200 means that the city has twice the crime rate as the average city. A value of 50 means that the city has half the crime rate of the average city. Orlando has a Relocation Crime Lab Index of 313 which is a higher crime rate than the national average.

Captain Chaos

Woody, post the crime rate for NYC, Los Angeles, and Chicago.. Let's be fair.. Big cities will always have a higher crime rate than a smaller city... And Orlando isn't that small...

KaliSplash

I have in-laws scattered all about the area. I assure you there are some VERY nice neighborhoods.

As to the specifics of downtown, it ain't New York, but so what?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom