Citrus Dreamin' - A NEW Imagineering Competition - Chat and Hype Thread

TheOriginalTiki

My energy levels are finally back to normal after the trip and I'm ready to complete the rest of the ranking. Before I continue, I need to give a dishonorable mention to the REAL worst attraction we visited, an attraction that was such a nothingburger I literally forgot to include it. The wildlife habitat at the Flamingo. There's several reasons why this attraction, while in years past was probably worth going to, was straight up miserable to be at. Most obviously is the lack of actual animals and the blatant lack of space for the animals that were there. There were like maybe a half dozen actual flamingos at most. The other terrible thing about it is the fact that the pool was right next to it and had BLARING loud music. This is both a noise intrusion to the guests and a practice I found to be straight up offensive in regards to the animals. We also didn't get around to going on the High Roller Ferris wheel because of the time we spent doing this and the effort we put into actually finding it. So yea, highly recommend straight up avoiding it.

...And I wrote all that out fully intending to write out the rest of the ranking, but I totally got distracted. :p I'll do the write up as soon as I can, but in the meantime I'll be going live with a trip report podcast at the top of the next hour.

9PM Eastern/6PM Pacific

PerGron

My energy levels are finally back to normal after the trip and I'm ready to complete the rest of the ranking. Before I continue, I need to give a dishonorable mention to the REAL worst attraction we visited, an attraction that was such a nothingburger I literally forgot to include it. The wildlife habitat at the Flamingo. There's several reasons why this attraction, while in years past was probably worth going to, was straight up miserable to be at. Most obviously is the lack of actual animals and the blatant lack of space for the animals that were there. There were like maybe a half dozen actual flamingos at most. The other terrible thing about it is the fact that the pool was right next to it and had BLARING loud music. This is both a noise intrusion to the guests and a practice I found to be straight up offensive in regards to the animals. We also didn't get around to going on the High Roller Ferris wheel because of the time we spent doing this and the effort we put into actually finding it. So yea, highly recommend straight up avoiding it.

...And I wrote all that out fully intending to write out the rest of the ranking, but I totally got distracted. :p I'll do the write up as soon as I can, but in the meantime I'll be going live with a trip report podcast at the top of the next hour.

9PM Eastern/6PM Pacific

Damn I have less and less interest in ever visiting Vegas every time someone talks about the animal stuff.

After Secret Garden at the Mirage closed, it was just Flamingo Wildlife Habitat and Mandalay Bay Aquarium keeping me interested in ever visiting

TheOriginalTiki

Damn I have less and less interest in ever visiting Vegas every time someone talks about the animal stuff.

After Secret Garden at the Mirage closed, it was just Flamingo Wildlife Habitat and Mandalay Bay Aquarium keeping me interested in ever visiting
What I would do is go there for just a night or two just to see the strip (which is a spectacle that's still very much worth seeing in its own right) and especially do OmegaMart which I haven't gotten to yet but should be an absolute freaking MUST DO for any fan of themed experiences. After spending a night or two on the trip, use a tour bus service to get dropped off at Bryce Canyon or Zion for a few days. That's absolutely what I'm planning on doing for my next Vegas trip. I only got to hike Bryce Canyon for about two hours during our day trip but even that practically ruined theme parks for me in the best way possible, and I absolutely feel a deeply spiritual NEED to hike the whole thing.

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
IMG_0010.jpeg

Hi just showing off how long my hair has gotten 💅🏻✨👱🏻‍♀️

Disney Dad 3000

So, I may have accepted a challenge to do all attractions at WDW in one day :bookworm: I'm trying to be a little extra "can't top it" about it - not using any Genie+

View attachment 787832

What do you guys think? In over my head - or a way to Tetris the wait times? How would you guys write the playbook? 🤣

I may have given that a go a few times. 😀

Without G+ is going to be tough and only been done a few times to my knowledge. Would probably need to be a mid May, or late Aug/mid Sep attempt to even think about trying without it.

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
So, I may have accepted a challenge to do all attractions at WDW in one day :bookworm: I'm trying to be a little extra "can't top it" about it - not using any Genie+

View attachment 787832

What do you guys think? In over my head - or a way to Tetris the wait times? How would you guys write the playbook? 🤣
If you carry around an axe or some sort of katana perhaps then you don't need to wait in any lines #ProTip

PerGron

View attachment 787832

My advice would be start at Animal Kingdom, go straight to the aviary in the Gorilla Falls trail and stay there all day watching the birds

MonorailRed

Applebees
I may have given that a go a few times. 😀

Without G+ is going to be tough and only been done a few times to my knowledge. Would probably need to be a mid May, or late Aug/mid Sep attempt to even think about trying without it.
Yeah, it's... wild.

The aim is later August/Early September - so it might work.

If you carry around an axe or some sort of katana perhaps then you don't need to wait in any lines #ProTip

Bet. I'll grab one while I'm at Epcot. #UsefulMerch

My advice would be start at Animal Kingdom, go straight to the aviary in the Gorilla Falls trail and stay there all day watching the birds

Chill at Gorilla Falls and watch George of the Jungle. Done and Done.

MonorailRed

Applebees
My last FP attempt finished 46. Best LL attempt so far has been 42 but was a bad day to try. My schedule never lines up with a prime park hours/crowd time period.

Kid and I may be down late Aug for a try before school starts too.

I think measuring what wait times is really what's killer, that and Park hours. DAK starts a 9-6 schedule in late June.

Architectural Guinea Pig

In the Parks
No
I'm currently planning a 2-week Japan/Taiwan trip in June. I have dates for the 17, 18, 19 to go to Tokyo Disneyland, but I don't know which park to go to on which day. 17 for land and 18 19 for sea, or 17 19 sea and 18 land?

Fantasy Springs will be chaos though for sure, might get premier for Peter

TheOriginalTiki

@mickeyfan5534 and I actually attempted this in January 2021, with minimal crowds and no Genie stuff to deal with holding up the standby. We got relatively close, but ultimately it was the length of the AA shows combined with a rather lengthy Small World breakdown that killed us. The shows are definitely tough, as they eat up A LOT of the day and you have to kind of get lucky and time it right in the case of Hall of Presidents. We wanted to make Carousel of Progress our last attraction of the night but by the time we got over there about five minutes before closing the attraction was already closed for the day so we just encored Space instead. Other than CoP, Hall of Presidents, and Laugh Floor I'm pretty sure the only proper ride we never got around to was the Magic Carpets because we just weren't dealing with that line even in COVID crowds since that attraction has such miserable capacity.

At this point at least based on the fact that the standby lines were virtually unusable for me during my last Disneyland trip I'd say it's honestly probably impossible to attempt an Every Attraction Challenge at Magic Kingdom without Genie+. If you can somehow manage it I'd be incredibly impressed, but we tried it in probably the best crowd conditions were going to get for a long time and still came up several attractions short.

PerGron

I wanted to share a solo project I’m working on based on a discussion between myself and a few friends in the animal care field. As a SeaWorld fan I admittedly struggle with their decisions to dig their heels in and refuse to adapt.

My stance is, there’s nothing wrong with cetaceans in captivity so long as we can evolve and grow the way we manage them, same as any other animals. This project will be an idealized take on what SeaWorld’s next 10 years (11 really because 2035 sounded better) could be if I were in charge (and also money and controversy didn’t exist)

So yeah, I’ll be updating this and going through my version of what SeaWorld could and should be doing to remain relevant in our next decade.

SeaWorld 2035

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom