Cirque du Soleil question?

I just booked the 9pm show at Downtown disney. Are there busses running that late after the show to get back to POP? Will i be able to get a taxi? Im so lost when it comes to transporation around WDW.. thanks for the help

maelstrom

If the show starts at 9p it gets out around 12a, yes? The busses from Pleasure Island run until 2am, so you would be able to catch a bus there (it isn't far). Alternately, you could hire a taxi.

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

I don't even think the show is that long. After all, don't they have 2 or 3 shows a night? You should be done by 11, and maelstrom is right. They have buses running as long as Pleasure Island is open, which is 2am, plus a little later to accomodate the stragglers lumbering to the bus stop.

Upvote 0

jbbraud

Transportation

Cirque du Soleil is 90 minutes long and bus transportation will NOT be a problem. If you are going to the 9 p.m. show you will be out at 10:30 p.m. Bus transportation runs until 1:00 a.m.

Upvote 0
My wife and I stayed at Pop Century in May & in Sepember last year and went to see the Cirque show each time. As other have said the bus after the show is no problem, but I would recommend that you book a dinner near the theater , or plan to catch the Bus to Downtown Disney at least one hour before the show so that you arrive on time. We tried to leave 3/4 of an hour before the show in May and arrived after it had started, and we had to wait for ten minutes before we could go to our seats. The show is great!! Enjoy

Upvote 0

CinderellaStory

Original Poster
thanks so much for the tips... We are actually flying in the morning and going to the show later that night. Instead of wasting disney tickets for 1/2 a day we were already planning on being in DD. So im going to surprise him with the show he has been dying to see (we have seen 2 others). I was showing no interest in the show so it will be a surprise. SInce we will be there already it should be no problem getting to the show ontime :) thanks everyone!

Upvote 0

Nemo14

thanks so much for the tips... We are actually flying in the morning and going to the show later that night. Instead of wasting disney tickets for 1/2 a day we were already planning on being in DD. So im going to surprise him with the show he has been dying to see (we have seen 2 others). I was showing no interest in the show so it will be a surprise. SInce we will be there already it should be no problem getting to the show ontime :) thanks everyone!
That's agreat surprise! I did that for my hubby 2 years ago for valentine's Day. He loved it!

Upvote 0

lilclerk

I can't wait! We're doing the same thing in a few weeks. My boyfriend is SO excited, it's his main reason for wanting to go to Disney =)

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Make sure you follow the recommendation on the tickets "arrive 30 minutes early"... Even a bit earlier! Being in your seats as soon as you can means you enjoy the full show. They have audience interaction well before show time.

I made a point of arriving well in advance and truly it is worth it.

Upvote 0

CinderellaStory

Original Poster
The lady on the phone said i have to be there an hour before, so 8pm to pick up the tickets.. will it really take an hour to get them or is 8 enough time to get the tickets... and see the "pre-show interaction"?

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
The lady on the phone said i have to be there an hour before, so 8pm to pick up the tickets.. will it really take an hour to get them or is 8 enough time to get the tickets... and see the "pre-show interaction"?

Pick-up at 8 should be perfect. When they let you in, grab any drinks or snacks you want [if you want] and head for your seats. You'll love the entire thing... :D

Upvote 0

lilclerk

I didn't want to start a whole new thread for this question, but does anyone know if I can call to re-confirm my Cirque reservations?
Here's the story.
I called and made the reservations last night. I had gotten the Category 2 vouchers from mapleleaftickets.com When I called Disney Reservations, I told them I had these Cat.2 vouchers. The person on the line said "Okay, category 3, let's see..." I said "No... no I have Category 2..."
He said "Oh, sorry, Cat. 2, let's see..."

Okay.
So we went along, and made reservations for, what I thought, was February 3rd.
After he gave me my seat numbers and confirmation number, he said "Okay, you are ALL set for March 3rd!"
I said "Okay thanks... um... did you say February or March 3rd...?"
He said "March 3rd."
"I needed February 3rd..."
"Well you said March, what is it you need, Feb or March?" :brick:
"Um... I am going to be there in two weeks, I definitely need February and there is no way I would have said March."

So we went through the whole spiel again (though I ended up with front row seats this time, so that's good) but I just want to know if there's any way I can call and re-confirm that it's for the right date.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom