Cirque Du Soleil or MVMCP???

matthope03

So here is the question, which would be the better decision for an upcoming trip in December, Cirque Du Soleil or MVMCP? Here is the situation, none of us have ever been to Disney World during Christmas time, my parents have not been since 1994 and my girlfriend has never been ( I was there last year). Also do passholders get a discount on Cirque Du Soleil? Thanks everyone in advance.

imagineersrock

bigang said:
tv does not do cirque any justice what so ever, its being there and seeing the amazing performances and characthers literally flying over you , that truely make the show special, if anything , watch the parade on tv christmas day. all of wdw is amazing decorated for the christmas season, so you will be in awe anyway....plus the fake snow is way over rated
I agree, La Nouba is amazing and nothing beats seeing it in person.

Even if you want to see the snow though, it snows on the Streets of America at the Disney-MGM Studios every night during the holiday season..... for free (with regular park admission!)

Upvote 0

ErickainPA

Hubby and I have been to the MVMCP :xmas: and would vote for Cirque instead.

As mentioned the fireworks are shown all season long, the parade can be seen at the park (although having seen it in person and on tv, it's not really any different for me, on tv you can at least hear what is being said). I never noticed any different decorations from the day to nighttime, all looks the same to me. We went to the party because we were on our honeymoon and thought it would be really special. It was nice but we won't bother again. The snow was on and off throughout the night and sure cool to see it in FL (not to get into your eyes though) but we see plenty of the real white stuff up here in NJ. It was pretty crowded as well, we went the last night it was available, good thing was I got a sweatshirt for 50% off :p I think going to MGM to see the Osbourne Christmas lights is awesome though, it's just park admission so that makes it really nice as well. Make sure to walk the backlots where the Goldern Girls house is and such to see all the decorations there. It's breathtaking to see all the lights.

Have a blast and have fun making new memories for all.

Upvote 0

rjwalter

Cirque

I have had the privlage to see both and I would say Cirque is the way to go. Like other have said you can get the whole christmas experience with out doing MVMCP. Cirque is simply amazing you will never see another show like it. I would definitely go see it again. I will say one thing about MCMCP the fireworks are unbelivable. The best I've ever seen. That aside Cirque still wins for me.

Upvote 0

ssidiouss@mac.c

If you like the Magic Kingdom.. then for gods sake.. do the CHRISTMAS PARTY!!

We went last year and loved it so much that we decided to do it again during the same trip!!!!

What I love about the christmas partys were that they were both not very crowded at all!!! Disney limits the tickets sold so the parks dont get very busy.

And whats even better is that most of the people that are going to the christmas party are going for their kids to see all the extra character greetings.. so that means the rides are all empty!!!!!!!

Everything on both nights I went had only like 5 minute or NO WAITS!!! We went on Splash Mountain in our own log! We went on Pirates and when our boat entered the main area there were only empty boats all infront of us and all behind us! We road Thunder Mountain over and over and over without getting off because nobody was in line when our train pulled up so they just sent us out again! Those 2 nights were the best I ever had in magic kingdom ever.. we had total freedom!!!

And it is also soooo great looking.. the ambiance is insane!! The extra splash of christmas lighting.. the extra bands and music going.. the snow coming down mainstreet.. it all added up to something that I would never forget!

Also.. dont forget you get free cookies and cocoa :) !!

And lastly.. theres this stupid dance party going on that was a blast.. it has the characters and park guests all dancing to a dj playing fun songs.. very much like a wedding. It was totally hilarious... I really got a kick out that and our moms were dancing in there for a long time with the characters.. very fun.

Anyway.. forget the circus.. u can see something very similar to it when it comes to your town if you want.. or you can see it in disney any time of year.. you will only get to do a christmas party in december.. and how many times in your life do you think u will be in disney in december? take advantage and do it!!!!

If your not into the magic kingdom that much dont worry about it...maybe see the circus.. but if you like the magic kingdom.. i never seen it more beautiful or felt so free in the park as I did those 2 nights. :xmas: :xmas:

PS: If you like christmas too then you should do the party.. because its celebrating the festive holidays.. the christmas parade at night time in the dark is reallly cool lookn!

OHHH!!! MOST IMPORTANT!!! THE FIREWORKS must be seen to be believed during the chrismas party!!! They are totally more powerful and will put to shame any other fireworks you have ever seen!!! They go off at the end all around you like 360 degrees.. they are going off ahead of you behind you.. all over.. bOOM BOOM BOOM!!! It gets so bright that all of a sudden it feels like daytime from all the explosions around you and it feels like D-Day or something in private ryan..mass havoc in the sky everywhere!!! AAMAZING!!! DO NOT MISSSSSS IT!1!1

Upvote 0

dvcnut39

We have done MVMCP in '01,'02, and '05. If we had to chose one or the other, we would chose MVMCP every time, even without ever seeing Cirque du Soleil. We have been to WDW many times, we never watch the shows, parades, etc, but when it comes to MVMCP, we don't miss a thing. Plus, you just can't beat snow on Main St.

Upvote 0

rjwalter

ssidiouss@mac.c said:
Anyway.. forget the circus.. u can see something very similar to it when it comes to your town if you want.. or you can see it in disney any time of year.. you will only get to do a christmas party in december.. and how many times in your life do you think u will be in disney in december? take advantage and do it!!!! 1!1

I wouldn't say you can see something similar when it comes to you town. Cirque is a very unique experiance that can only be seen in a few places.

Upvote 0

SpectroMan

ssidiouss@mac.c said:
Anyway.. forget the circus.. u can see something very similar to it when it comes to your town if you want.

dvcnut39 said:
we would chose MVMCP every time, even without ever seeing Cirque du Soleil

Obviously, these are biased opinions without them seeing La Nouba. Listen to the people who have seen both: Go to La Nouba. I cannot stress it enougth.

Oh, and please tell us which one you choose, and especially if it is La Nouba, how you enjoyed it.

Upvote 0

lawyergirl77

I have been to both... And I would go against the latest trend in here and vote for the MVMCP. La Nouba is awesome, but the MVMCP was really special.

Unless you're going to be at WDW after the 22nd of Dec (or whenever the last night of the MVMCP takes place), you WON'T be able to see the parades, shows and the jaw dropping fireworks. Plus, it's more than just the parades and shows, it's also the entire atmosphere of the place that makes it even more Magical.

Put it this way: we were four adults last Dec. 16th, one of which had never bothered with any of the Disney parades (he said he didn't care about them), and DH who thinks fireworks are cool, but no more than that. Well, we all walked away from that day absolutely mesmerized and thrilled with our purchase of MVMCP tickets!! (and we didn't ride a single ride during our time in the parks) :sohappy:

La Nouba is beautiful, and I would encourage you to see it on your next trip. But, the MVMCP is only on during very specific times of the year. And, now that I have seen Christmas at WDW, there is nowhwere else on Earth that can compare to it during the Holidays, especially during the MVMCP!!

However, given your comments about needing someone to "truly" prove that you should do the MVMCP, methinks your mind is basically already made up and that you will be spending the entire time at the MVMCP thinking that you could have gone to La Nouba. So I don't really think you need our input on this... :wave:

Upvote 0

matthope03

Original Poster
Actually my mind is not made up and probably won't be for several months. One week I think La Nouba would be the way to go, the next week I think MVMCP would be the way to go. I am honestly up in the air about it. I have set a deadline of the end of August to make a decision in order to be able to get tickets for whichever I choose.

Upvote 0

lawyergirl77

matthope03 said:
Actually my mind is not made up and probably won't be for several months. One week I think La Nouba would be the way to go, the next week I think MVMCP would be the way to go. I am honestly up in the air about it. I have set a deadline of the end of August to make a decision in order to be able to get tickets for whichever I choose.
Cool! In which case, have fun no matter what you choose, and I hope my two cents helped! (alright, given the length of my post, three cents! :lol: )
:wave:

Upvote 0

wild01ride

ErickainNJ said:
Make sure to walk the backlots where the Goldern Girls house is and such to see all the decorations there. It's breathtaking to see all the lights.

Psst...The Osbourne Family Spectacle of Lights now takes place on the Streets of America, the area surrounding the Lights, Motors, Action Extreme Stunt Show. The backlot area which you mention was removed some years ago in preparation for the reconstruction of the "streets" area and the construction of the LMA stadium.
Nevertheless, you are very correct that the OSL is very breathtaking (and don't forget to look for Hidden Mickeys!)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom