Circle of Life Closed for Refurbishment?

*Q*

It's worrying there are people who still have jobs within the company who think this kind of thing.

Honestly, instead of doing that, they should cut Soarin' off from The Land altogether and build an entrance into it from World Showcase around or at the old Millennium Village. Especially now that it is supposed to be an around the world film. It'd kind of break from the country pavilion pattern of World Showcase, but I still find that better than it existing in The Land because of... reasons, I guess? Maybe that'd free up The Land to do some other stuff. Between the Soarin' lobby/old Food Rocks theater, Circle of Life theater, and the old Nestle lounge, they could maybe create some spaces to move the Food & Wine & Flower & Garden Festivals events into (since that would actually make sense in The Land) so that Wonders of Life could be freed up to replace with a new permanent pavilion.

Next Big Thing

Honestly, instead of doing that, they should cut Soarin' off from The Land altogether and build an entrance into it from World Showcase around or at the old Millennium Village. Especially now that it is supposed to be an around the world film. It'd kind of break from the country pavilion pattern of World Showcase, but I still find that better than it existing in The Land because of... reasons, I guess? Maybe that'd free up The Land to do some other stuff. Between the Soarin' lobby/old Food Rocks theater, Circle of Life theater, and the old Nestle lounge, they could maybe create some spaces to move the Food & Wine & Flower & Garden Festivals events into (since that would actually make sense in The Land) so that Wonders of Life could be freed up to replace with a new permanent pavilion.
The old Food Rocks theatre is gone and in the process of being converted to new restrooms.

*Q*

The old Food Rocks theatre is gone and in the process of being converted to new restrooms.

I understand, I was just posing hypotheticals for what could be done with the space around that general section of the building if it weren't a Soarin' lobby anymore.

Cesar R M

That would weaken the Land popularity imho. Remember that Disney relies on "big hitters" to attract buyers into restaurants/merchandize.
If they even do that, I would not be surprised if they build a restaurant or a big store right next to Soarin's lines.

Cesar R M

Actually, from what I remember that was only the plan for Frozen Potties, the one for the land will merge the existing to become the Women's and the new one will be the men's.

Edit: Source:http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2015/10/rumor-soarin-closing-for-lengthy.html?m=1
weird, some sites says the older ones will be merged to males, then you say to women's...

wNvBCMv.gif

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
That would weaken the Land popularity imho. Remember that Disney relies on "big hitters" to attract buyers into restaurants/merchandize.
If they even do that, I would not be surprised if they build a restaurant or a big store right next to Soarin's lines.

Unless the put a brand new D-Ticket attraction to replace Circle of Life.. Like a new 4D theatre experience. Then add a new AA show to the lower half.. Voila. You have a B-Ticket, C-Ticket and D-Ticket attraction, with a still-popular food court and a restaurant.

FutureWorld1982

weird, some sites says the older ones will be merged to males, then you say to women's...
According to what I am hearing the old bathrooms will, indeed, become male only (at the time the post mentioned above was written it was too early to tell). A section of them will then be used for another minor project.

NearTheEars

And Path of the Jedi is nothing more than a Fan Film plucked from Youtube...So what else is new...

Is that accurate? Not saying it's not. Just hadn't heard that before. Quite enjoyed it, though, as a side attraction, especially seeing it leading up to the new film's release.

Cmdr_Crimson

Is that accurate? Not saying it's not. Just hadn't heard that before. Quite enjoyed it, though, as a side attraction, especially seeing it leading up to the new film's release.
You can't honestly think that someone could use clips from a bunch of old movies and smush them together and then put clips from the new movies trailer at the end to make something that looks fan made? Because it REALLY looks like it..This looks like it could have been the teaser they showed during San Diego Comic Con for the Star Wars Panel..

UpAllNight

Sorry for the bump, but is this one of those 'attractions' that's going to quietly remain closed, and then not reopened at all?

What kind of enhancements can possibly be made in a 2d film that requires a 2 month closure? The lack of news suggests to me a) it's not going to reopen or b) they've shut it for no reason other than to save a bit of $.

If it's a new film, then put the new film in and stick a new sign up, or am I missing something here?

dstrawn9889

Sorry for the bump, but is this one of those 'attractions' that's going to quietly remain closed, and then not reopened at all?

What kind of enhancements can possibly be made in a 2d film that requires a 2 month closure? The lack of news suggests to me a) it's not going to reopen or b) they've shut it for no reason other than to save a bit of $.

If it's a new film, then put the new film in and stick a new sign up, or am I missing something here?
oi, they can replace the carpeting in a WHOLE cruise liner in less time... if they wanted to... fresh paint, new upholstry and carpeting CAN be accomplished in that amount of time... not saying that land-based disney can do such a thing

UpAllNight

oi, they can replace the carpeting in a WHOLE cruise liner in less time... if they wanted to... fresh paint, new upholstry and carpeting CAN be accomplished in that amount of time... not saying that land-based disney can do such a thing

It could be done in a few days in a theater that size if they wanted too.

I just get the impression they've looked at Epcot in it's current state and come up with "that'll do"...where's the urgency in bringing these so called enhancements to this desperate park? It's not even a strong attraction, but anything helps at this point.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom