Cinderella's Royal Table - Dinner

teacup317

Original Poster
:wave:Hi, my husband and I are going to WDW late April. We have reservations for CRT-Dinner however we are getting mixed reviews from our friends locally who go to WDW all the time. Some say the food is good, some say not. We arrive on the day we are scheduled to have dinner there and then I figured we were positioned well for the parade - I would appreciate any thoughts or comments. Thanks.

happymom52003

I agree. We've only had dinner their once, and neither my DH or I enjoyed the food (and we are both very easy to please!). We loved the food when we ate lunch there, so we were disappointed in the dinner. I had the prime rib and it was so tough I could not chew it. My DH had the chicken and was not impressed. We left dinner still feeling hungry. But the atmosphere made up for it because we had a table overlooking Fantasy Land. I would still eat there again for dinner IF I could not get breakfast or lunch reservations, but only because we like to be in the castle.....not for the food.

ThinkTink721

:wave:Hi, my husband and I are going to WDW late April. We have reservations for CRT-Dinner however we are getting mixed reviews from our friends locally who go to WDW all the time. Some say the food is good, some say not. We arrive on the day we are scheduled to have dinner there and then I figured we were positioned well for the parade - I would appreciate any thoughts or comments. Thanks.
I have heard that the food is good.
We have only been to CRT for breakfast -- it was great!
:wave:

JustPlainBill

We're going to try and get ADRs for dinner at CRT for our trip this summer. Not necessarily because we're looking forward to the food that is served. On our last trip to the Magic Kingdom our youngest was disappointed that she couldn't go into the castle. Walking her through the passageway underneath with the Cinderella story mosaic pictures on the wall wasn't good enough for her. Short of winning the Castle suite for a night the only way I see granting her wish is getting her into the restaurant. My wife and I ate there a very long time ago before we had kids and while the food wasn't bad, it was certainly nothing to get excited about. We all have different expectations about value for our money, for me getting my kid into the restaurant is primary, if she has a hotdog with mac n' cheese so be it, it's a magical memory I'm trying to create for her, the food is secondary. If the food is good, then I'll consider it a bonus.

happymom52003

We're going to try and get ADRs for dinner at CRT for our trip this summer. Not necessarily because we're looking forward to the food that is served. On our last trip to the Magic Kingdom our youngest was disappointed that she couldn't go into the castle. Walking her through the passageway underneath with the Cinderella story mosaic pictures on the wall wasn't good enough for her. Short of winning the Castle suite for a night the only way I see granting her wish is getting her into the restaurant. My wife and I ate there a very long time ago before we had kids and while the food wasn't bad, it was certainly nothing to get excited about. We all have different expectations about value for our money, for me getting my kid into the restaurant is primary, if she has a hotdog with mac n' cheese so be it, it's a magical memory I'm trying to create for her, the food is secondary. If the food is good, then I'll consider it a bonus.

Have you considered breakfast or lunch? While Cinderella greets guests in the lobby at all three meals, breakfast and lunch are the only time the other characters are there while you are eating (usually some combination of Belle, Snow White, Jasmine, Mary Poppins, or the Fairy Godmother). The Fairy Godmother and Cinderella's mice friends (Suzy and Perla) put on a short show during dinner, but they do not sign autographs and usually do not pose for pictures. Just a thought in case your daughter is really into the princesses!

coltow

Haven't eaten there in a few years, but when we did go, my family did enjoy it.
Just had to say that I love your signature

We haven't eaten dinner there since 2000 and the food was great. We have boys (and nephews) so it hadn't really appealed to us since then and when they changed the menu it detered us even more. That being said we are going to give it a shot on our next trip. We are going to plan to have dinner there on our last night as a farewell. DS, 4, does enjoy the princess movies and Cinderella is probably his favorite so we think he'll probably like that he can go to Cinderella's Restaurant.

JustPlainBill

Have you considered breakfast or lunch? While Cinderella greets guests in the lobby at all three meals, breakfast and lunch are the only time the other characters are there while you are eating (usually some combination of Belle, Snow White, Jasmine, Mary Poppins, or the Fairy Godmother). The Fairy Godmother and Cinderella's mice friends (Suzy and Perla) put on a short show during dinner, but they do not sign autographs and usually do not pose for pictures. Just a thought in case your daughter is really into the princesses!
It was something we were considering. On our last trip this past summer we did the princess breakfast at Norway, which the food as well for us was mediocre at best. the atmosphere isn't a match to the castle but the princess interaction with my daughters was great. We would have rather gone to CRT, but at the time we made last years ADRs it was booked up, dinner as well. We hadn't been to WDW in quite awhile before and it was then we realized how hard it was to get into certain places and you have to make ADRs well in advance. When my wife and I went the last time we made our reservations the morning of, unheard of now, it wasn't a character thing then, just food and ambiance, It was called King Stephans Banquet hall then. We heard how hard it was to get breakfast ADRs and that it was easier to get dinner so we'll settle, because we're going at such a busy time. We'll feel lucky enough to just to get dinner. It will be our 21st wedding anniversary, to the day, so we thought it could be a celebration thing as well. We have get up early with the groundhog to call 6:00 AM CST, Saturday, February 2nd to make our ADR, hopefully we'll be successful. Thanks for the advice.

nolatron

The DW and I have eaten at CRT twice (both dinners), prior to them changing to the single price menu and the photography & Fairy godmother add-ons.

We both loved our meals there though. I believe I had what was called the King's Cut (prime rib?) once, and some butterflied pork chops (no longer served I think) the other.

Dessert was awesome too. It was some chocolate mousse item they no longer serve.

Joy Peace

Which Character meal is better?

If you had to pick one meal with the characters which one would you pick? Its just the two of us, no kids.

Joy

hansel1

My wife and I have eaten at CRT for dinner in both 2006 and 2007. In 2006 the menu was not fixed, but for 2007 they changed to a fixed menu.

Both dinners were very good.

2006 - Cinderella met with you in the entry for pictures.

2007 - Cinderella met with you in the entry for pictures, then during dinner the fairy godmother and mice put on a little performance. Boys recieved swords and girls recieve a wand.

I'm not sure what you mean by "positioning ourselves for the parade". The restaurant faces fantasyland (the rear of the castle) and you will not be able to see the parade.

DAKOTADISNEY

We are having lunch at CRT next month. Where is the best place to sit in the room? We have a 12:10pm reservation so I'm thinking we may have a little choice in seating since lunch starts at noon. Any ideas? Thanks.

happymom52003

We are having lunch at CRT next month. Where is the best place to sit in the room? We have a 12:10pm reservation so I'm thinking we may have a little choice in seating since lunch starts at noon. Any ideas? Thanks.

A window seat overlooking Fantasy Land is always nice, but it will depend on how many people are in your party. I think (I could be wrong) that the window tables only seat 2-4 people. If you cant get right next to a window, then ask to at least be close to one. The section of the restaurant closest to the windows is our favorite. Any special occassion in your group like a bday or anniversary? If so, they are more likely to honour your request, but it helps to call ahead....go ahead and call disney dining now to put the request in if you have a bday in your group. They wil even decorate your table with confetti.

RetiredFRN

Crt

My DD and I ate dinner there last June. It wasn't bad. I had the prime rib which was fine and she had the I believe ravioli or pasta thing. i do remember the soup was extremely good. We sat looking out over fantasy land so that was fun. Was it gourmet, no but was it good, yes. is it worth going, sure, just for the ambience of sitting and eating in the castle.

The fairy godmother show was cute and recieving the picture with Cinerella was fun too. Definitely worth going. The only thing you mentioned the fireworks at night. Depending what time you eat, will depend on your abillity to get good seats. We had just finished and walked our side to watch the fireworks. FL was roped off and your had to get off the castle walkway so your stuch watching the fireworks from just below the castle stairs. Not a good seat because you cant see the fireworks behind the castle. Hint. Best place for fireworks is the end of Main street. Your facing the castle then you have quick access out!!

Debbi Pepin

Cinderella's Royal Table

I'm trying to get reservations for Cinderella's Royal Table for my little niece. Right now they say they are full for the day we are going, May 23, 2008.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get in? Breakfast, lunch or dinner, doesn't matter to her! She's 4 and a little princess herself!!

My sister in law plans to call every other day or so to see if there are any cancellations.

coltow

I'm trying to get reservations for Cinderella's Royal Table for my little niece. Right now they say they are full for the day we are going, May 23, 2008.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get in? Breakfast, lunch or dinner, doesn't matter to her! She's 4 and a little princess herself!!

My sister in law plans to call every other day or so to see if there are any cancellations.
At this point the only way to get in is to hope for a cancellation. Call every day, multiple times a day just to check and also make sure to keep checking when you get there.

DizneyPryncess

For dinner, I loved the food but there was not really anything else special at the time. We didn't meet Cinderella - didn't even see her actually, not a huge deal at all. We didn't have a table with any kind of view (which is fine, I didn't expect to). It was just a normal dinner for us - but the food was great!

I'm excited to go the breakfast this summer & meet all the princesses! ~ I know, I'm 26 and that's ridiculous, but I'm a big kid!

hollisterabz123

Well I havent eaten there but I have heard they have greeat food there. Eating with Cinderella and in her castle is great too!! I am going in September and I am excited too!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom