Cinderella's Royal Table Advanced Payment?

Rob562

I was looking at that last night...kind of made me a little sick to my stomach. Don't get me wrong, I love dining in the castle and all, but they are certainly charging a premium for it these days.

While I agree that the price is quite exorbitant now, the comparison of $16 to $53 is not a fair, apples-to-apples comparison.

When the price was $16, tax and gratuity was not included, which it is in the $53 price. The $53 price also gets you photo package(s) based on the number of people at your table, which were not included in 2002. (I'm not even sure if photo packages were available at all back then)

Of course an 18% tip plus a 7% tax on $16 would bring it to about $20... Inflation on that $20 would make it about $25 today. So the question is $28 per person extra worth the photo package?

-Rob

HouCuseChickie

While I agree that the price is quite exorbitant now, the comparison of $16 to $53 is not a fair, apples-to-apples comparison.

When the price was $16, tax and gratuity was not included, which it is in the $53 price. The $53 price also gets you photo package(s) based on the number of people at your table, which were not included in 2002. (I'm not even sure if photo packages were available at all back then)

Of course an 18% tip plus a 7% tax on $16 would bring it to about $20... Inflation on that $20 would make it about $25 today. So the question is $28 per person extra worth the photo package?

-Rob

True- you get quite a bit included in that price. When you add on the wand/sword & wishing star and estimate their value in the meal price ... $16 certainly wouldn't be a fair price today - aside from the fact that everything at WDW is going to cost more. Before reading this, I was thinking $30-35 would be a fair price pp for the meal (based on our B,L&D experiences), but fair flies out the window once princesses inside the castle become a factor. And I can't really gripe too much since we've obviously chosen to pay for meals there...just still on the pricey side for what you get.

rufio

Original Poster
We went in sept on our DDP and they do not charge you anything. They link your DDP to the reservation.

I was looking at that last night...kind of made me a little sick to my stomach. Don't get me wrong, I love dining in the castle and all, but they are certainly charging a premium for it these days.

Do you think breakfast or dinner is better in the castle?

HouCuseChickie

Do you think breakfast or dinner is better in the castle?

I know experiences vary, but based on our personal experiences...breakfast by a landslide. The old menu did nothing for me, but the new menu is really nice and everything we got was very tasty. Breakfast also felt far less chaotic (and took less time) than lunch or dinner.

Unomas

Holy crap! Was it really that cheap in 2002 for CRT breakfast!? 13 bucks for adults and 9 for kids? That sure has gone up....

rufio

Original Poster
I know experiences vary, but based on our personal experiences...breakfast by a landslide. The old menu did nothing for me, but the new menu is really nice and everything we got was very tasty. Breakfast also felt far less chaotic (and took less time) than lunch or dinner.

Is it worth $50+?

HouCuseChickie

Is it worth $50+?

If you've never eaten in the castle, I think it's worth it at least once just for the experience...but don't expect the food to match the price tag. If it were just me & DH, it wouldn't exactly be our first dining choice- i.e. takng our girls has been the prime motivating factor to do it.

rufio

Original Poster
If you've never eaten in the castle, I think it's worth it at least once just for the experience...but don't expect the food to match the price tag. If it were just me & DH, it wouldn't exactly be our first dining choice- i.e. takng our girls has been the prime motivating factor to do it.

I started another thread for this, but would you say CRT or Chef Mickey's breakfast is better (for the price/experience)?

HouCuseChickie

I started another thread for this, but would you say CRT or Chef Mickey's breakfast is better (for the price/experience)?

Tough b/c I like both, but I'm going to say Chef Mickey's. While hardly a cheap breakfast, it's significantly cheaper than CRT. I know it's kind of like comparing apples to oranges when looking at character interaction between a princess meal and the Fab 5, but Mickey & friends always feels more fun to me. Case in point, I'm picking Chef Mickey's breakfast to have my 40th bday cake...on the flip side, we're skipping CRT this trip - partly b/c I don't want to pay in full up front for a possible party of 9, but also b/c I just don't like it as much (even though I like it a lot).

alissafalco

As I said before I've only done CRT for dinner, but I've done chef mickeys for breakfast and comparing the two, hands down CRT is way better. Just the fact that you are dining inside the castle with the princesses, over the plain white walls of chef mickeys. There is no comparison IMO.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom