Cinderella's castle breakfast - well it's about time...

that_L_do_pig

Original Poster
Well it was five years, five trips and 90 days until my next trip in the making, but I finally got reservations for Cinderella's castle breakfast for my next trip. I am sure it cannot live up to the hype at this point, but I feel like I accomplished something.

I wonder if my losing track record and a returning guest has anything to do with me finally getting in or if it is a totally random outcome?

/sharing off

goonsquads57

I called for PS 84 days before my visit in December, and struck out. They are booked every day we're going to be there (12/3-12/11). O well. I guess I'll go anyway!

evilchild666

i guess i was lucky when i called. i went in august for my first trip ever. i woke up early (4 AM) 90 days in advance, called, was on hold for 10 seconds and got reservations for 4 at 8:10...

dixiegirl

yeah, last year i had no problem either, we always go the first week in september, (thank god not till november this year) but i called 5 of 7 in the morn , got right in no problem, .. but i might be the only one to say this but it was'nt worth it!! i think i read all the hype about it and had this big thing in my head, i mean it was alright nice to see what the castle looks like inside the castle but i would'nt spend all the money again.. also we went for the princess breakfast. and the food, nothing great...but maybe you'll enjoy it..

CAPTAIN HOOK

Well I guess that I've just been unlucky when I've tried to get reservations. Is it as good as everyone says or is it just that the seating capacity is small ?

*MichelleP*

Captain Hook-

The seating capacity is very small, like right around 120, I believe.
You will see a very mixed bag of reviews on the food. I think it's okay -- it's pretty pricey for what you get, but it is the castle and that's the draw of it all. I think the food at Crystal Palace blows CRT away, but that's just me.

There is one thing they have at CRT, stuffed french toast, which is pretty tasty in my book, :slurp: however I cannot imagine what long-term impacts the fried danish that they stuff it with has on your insides! :lol:

rosebud's mom

Congratulations ! I lucked out last week for the first time ever myself ! I understand how you feel. I felt like I had just won the Super Bowl ! I've been trying for over 20 years. This time its for my oldest daughter's 17th birthday, so I was extra happy. :sohappy: :sohappy: I was on hold for 22 minutes, and was starting to get REALLY nervous. The CM said I got the LAST opening for the day ! For us the food won't even be the issue. Cinderella has ALWAYS been my daughter's favorite character, even years before the princess craze.

swimmom

Are lunch or dinner reservations just as hard to get? My 15 year old daughter wants to eat at CRT on our next trip just to see the inside of the castle. She is willing to let the little ones enjoy the character breakfast, but wants to do lunch or dinner.

rosebud's mom

Certainly the breakfast is the hardest to get, but due to the samll seating capacity it is best to make those reservations ASAP. Lunch is easier than dinner, and of course lower in price. Many people reccommend trying for the latest possible dinner seating to enjoy the fireworks outside the windows.

jcraycraft

*MichelleP* said:
Captain Hook-

There is one thing they have at CRT, stuffed french toast, which is pretty tasty in my book, :slurp: however I cannot imagine what long-term impacts the fried danish that they stuff it with has on your insides! :lol:

Speaking of stuffed french toast :slurp: ... does anyone know where else they may serve it at WDW ??? Would love to have some more :lol: We are going back this Dec and I need a fix :xmas:

MichRX7

Premium Member
goonsquads57 said:
I called for PS 84 days before my visit in December, and struck out. They are booked every day we're going to be there (12/3-12/11). O well. I guess I'll go anyway!

Don't give up hope, just periodically call the number and see if there have been any cancellations. I picked one up for the same week last year. It was worth the time spent randomly calling wdw-dine over a period of three months.

My grand-daughter will never forget it, nor will I ever forget watching her jaw drop as we walked into the castle dining area and there stood her favorite princesses.

VampireZombie

Does anyone have the stuffed french toast recipe or can type it up for me? I dont get Disney Magazine and this is one of my favorites at Disney.
Thanks Guys I hope you can help me out on this one

swimmom

Cinderella's Cheese French Toast

3 each eggs
2 cups milk
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
3 tablespoons baking powder
6 tablespoons sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 quart frying oil
6 each cheese Danish, cut into quarters

Mix eggs, milk and vanilla together and set aside. Sift baking powder, sugar and flour together and add to egg mixture. Allow to stand for 10 minutes.

Bring Shortening to 375°. Dip cheese Danish in egg batter and place dipped bread in fryer until golden brown on one side and turn over to brown the other side. Roll in cinnamon/sugar and serve.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom