Rumor Cinderella Castle turning rose gold for the 50th

Are you in favor of a castle retheme for the 50th

• yes

Votes: 171 43.5%
  • no

Votes: 222 56.5%

• Total voters

brb1006

How do you honor something that has stood as an icon for 50 years? Change what made it successful! I'm not surprised, but I am disappointed. I really hope this isn't true. The Castle is wonderful and lifelike, changing it to a hip rose gold color is unnecessary. These temporary changes have a way of sticking around longterm. Does someone want to leave their mark on a classic?

How they manage to find the one thing that absolutely does not need to change, and then decide to change it is really something. Why not focus your energies on the rest of the decaying park? Or how about installing LED bulbs so we don't have to see a stupid crane 5 months out of the year? But no, the problem with the Magic Kingdom is the castle is not rose gold...

This company is a pathetic steward of Walt Disney World. It's a special place, they treat like garbage.
Tokyo Disneyland's castle did a better job at decorating their castle for their 30th anniversary. They kept the standard look and just added a few decorations and even light up at night.
tokyo-disneyland.jpg

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
I've only seen the Candy Cake Castle in pics. To me it looked plastic-y and goofy (not in the good way). 15 months of the bismuth pink is too long. In person and during the 80s? Maybe then it was a better fit.

Gold Blush could work in case it's embarrassing again :D

SirLink

I just want to elaborate my evidence for this story dictates it as "Rose Gold" but since consumer products already made tons of merch for that color and name I think they'll have to put some sort of branding and aesthetic twist (like the iridescent) to the paint job so it works in 2021 (rather than feeling like something very 2016). The D23 Expo logo and the very slight multicolor gold/rose gold/blue hue they put over Cinderella Castle up on screen I think hints at this.

View attachment 412737

D23 colour is metallic iridescent simple as that not 'Rose' Gold. The pepto bismol castle taught them not to paint the castle for celebrations.

Rteetz

How do you honor something that has stood as an icon for 50 years? Change what made it successful! I'm not surprised, but I am disappointed. I really hope this isn't true. The Castle is wonderful and lifelike, changing it to a hip rose gold color is unnecessary. These temporary changes have a way of sticking around longterm. Does someone want to leave their mark on a classic?

How they manage to find the one thing that absolutely does not need to change, and then decide to change it is really something. Why not focus your energies on the rest of the decaying park? Or how about installing LED bulbs so we don't have to see a stupid crane 5 months out of the year? But no, the problem with the Magic Kingdom is the castle is not rose gold...

This company is a pathetic steward of Walt Disney World. It's a special place, they treat like garbage.
Just want to point out that the crane only works overnight now and is usually only out for a few weeks at a time. I’d also hazard a guess that the nets are already LED.

mikejs78

Premium Member
I doubt this is the case because it will mess up the projections. Rose gold accents? Maybe
But I will believe it once I hear it from our insiders.

Regardless, they can do whatever they want with the castle provided that they give us a new night parade.

Sir_Cliff

I doubt this is the case because it will mess up the projections. Rose gold accents? Maybe
But I will believe it once I hear it from our insiders.

Regardless, they can do whatever they want with the castle provided that they give us a new night parade.
This is where something similar to DLP's 15th anniversary castle overlay could work. They could even change the pre-show to the fireworks to something similar involving the candle lighting which was kind of nice:

tirian

“No” to Rose Gold because that ship has sailed. Don’t embarrass yourself by holding onto a dying trend, Disney.

“Yes” to something special, as long as WDI protects the castle’s forced perspective. The Happiest Celebration overlay used character statues and a mirror that made the castle look smaller than its actual size, and Disney should carefully avoid repeating that mistake. But yes, definitely, do something special!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom