Cinderella Castle rooms?

TheDisneyQueen

Original Poster
I have q quick question, i look at pictures of cinderellas castle and see how many windows there are, i wonder are each of those really rooms or what? has anyone ever seen a tour of the whole thing?

Angie

Mystic

I've never been on a tour of the castle itself but I do know for a fact that there is an apartment inside the castle that was meant for the Disney family's use. Also the stain glass windows that look out over Fantasyland are the windows of the restaurant.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
You`d be surprised at how small the windows are; due to forced perspective they are a lot smaller than they look! There were rooms for an apartment but it was never fited out. Last I heard was it was used for security. Plus there is a whole load of radio equipment up there, for security and also parade audio coordination and structural enhancements fitted for Tink`s flight.

MiCkEyROCKSxalp

i remeber when i was Really small i remeber a wooden door with a picture of cinderella on it. i also remeber going up a lot a stairs. i dont remeber much tho

DisneyRoxMySox

Most likely you were going to CRT, there are a lot of stairs.

Some people don't know this but CRT is actaully part of the apartment, it was supposed to be Walt's living room, so he could watch over Fantasyland.

Equidae

Why would they put an apt in the castle at WDW for Walt when he died before they even broke ground? I dunno about that one. I have heard that the green room for the performers (such as Captain Hook and Peter Pan from the previous castle stage show) is in the castle. Also, CRT and kitchens, etc.

DisneyChik17

Yes, there is an apartment up there that was meant for Walt & Co. It was in the original plans designed partially by Walt himself. Also with the restaurant there are several windows and others that I am not sure of.

wannab@dis

Equidae said:
Why would they put an apt in the castle at WDW for Walt when he died before they even broke ground? I dunno about that one.

true, but not before it was designed...

The apt was used for the operators at one time and has been a changing room for the friends of the characters.

Captain Hank

Equidae said:
Why would they put an apt in the castle at WDW for Walt when he died before they even broke ground? I dunno about that one. I have heard that the green room for the performers (such as Captain Hook and Peter Pan from the previous castle stage show) is in the castle. Also, CRT and kitchens, etc.
After Walt's death, it was going to be used as an apartment for Roy, who died shortly after park opening.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom