Cinderella Castle light show - photos and lots of details

lightboy

That's exactly what it was aimed at - was a natural ice look. Paris' is nice, however, very clean and blocky.

And exactly...apparently Jose wasn't around tonight when all I saw was camera flashes and people yelling. I find it hard to believe he saw it in person before today during the soft open.

jiminy.cricket

They definitely pulled off the ice castle look. If they were to go for a gentle snowfall look, however, they could cut back on the lights. I wish there were a way to decrease the visibility of the netting during the day. Anyway, I'm so stoked to check out everything this December!!! Thanks for the pics!

DisneyYorkian74

I don't know. Ours looks sloppy. Its a nice gimmick. Hopefully they didn't spend too much money, and they can remove it quick after the holidays.

Are you being serious?

We can't be looking at the same castle because I think the lights look perfect.

There's no doubt that everybody visiting WDW this Christmas season will love what the Christmas lights add to the castle; it will definitely become a staple in WDW's holiday traditions for years and years to come.

PKD

Night show w/Castle Lights

l_a012c7636b82565411dee95ed0b36eb9.jpg

I think it looks GREAT and a nice addition to the holidays.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I think it's also important that unless you're really close to it in the daytime, it doesn't take away from the regular castle, you almost can't tell the lights are sitting there over it.

kcnole

After seeing both of Jose's pictures, I much prefer the look of WDW's. It looks like the castle is covered in ice.

No1DopeyFan

I think it looks beautiful and wish I could go see it in person...I love how Disney celebrates the holidays, but as we all know everyone has their own opinions.
Merry Christmas :xmas:

MeTa

Know what would be awesome if they could build the fiber optics into the castle panels like in that model in The Walt Disney MGM exhibit. Then you wouldnt be able to see the lights but they would be there.

Idea?

cdunbar

I think the thing is that Disney realizes the american mindset. people are just there to have fun and the lights are all pretty and we americans are happy with just pretty! Though in European countries, at least from what I've heard, you all pay greater attention to detail! This might be why the lights fit tighter in Paris b/c disney realizes that this audience will criticize the imperfections! In america 8 outta 10 are just gonna go "oooo pretty!"But thats just what I think!

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
It was designed to look like the castle had just gotten a blanket of fresh snow on it, hence the roofs are covered with thick lights and icicles are hanging off of them. I think it looks great. I don't see what the big deal is....this is a temporary addition to the castle for the holiday season....it's not like they added a wand to it.

Justin Jones

web_1108AT_0092DR32968866.jpg

this is so gorgeous...i dont understand how you cant like this...it looks like its dripping in diamonds. absolutely breathtaking.:sohappy:

I couldn't agree with you more!!! I think it's phenomenal. :xmas: BTW, I was at Disneyland last night, and they've added snow on the many roofs of Sleeping Beauty castle. It's not nearly as beautiful as this, though.

Cynderella

I'm soo excited to see it on 11/25! It's soo pretty! Does it continue in the back though? It looks like in the original picture that it wasn't on the fantasyland side.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom