Cinderella Castle Ice Lights = Bad Show?

tigsmom

I think this thread is proof that no matter what Disney does someone will find fault in it.

And I just don't understand it! Can't you just say "hey, the castle looks great!", enjoy the view and move on? I just don't understand why people take the time to hunt out mistakes or whatever "bad show" means to them and not take the time to enjoy all that is laid out before them and the company of their family or friends. :shrug:

By the way, I love the shot of the castle.
thumbsup8de.gif

PKD

The other thing to consider is the view of the castle from Fantasyland and how it possibly wouldn't fit the theme and lighting of that area. :shrug:

bgraham34

I can uderstand how it may seem like its bad show but I dont really agree. I think it might take away from Fantasy Land if the lights were on the back.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
The other thing to consider is the view of the castle from Fantasyland and how it possibly wouldn't fit the theme and lighting of that area. :shrug:

That is my thought exactly. Moving to or from each land is visually different, there are transitions on the ground above ground, with music etc. Fantasyland is not decorated in the same way as Main Street and the Hub, so from that perspective, the "Bad Show" would be if the lights were present on the Fantasyland side of the Castle.

I think it's beautiful! :xmas:

hardcard

Original Poster
Sad but true...

To the OP, there are at least three reasons why the wouldn't cover the castle completely:

1. The show is meant to be looked at from the front (this I can confirm) -
2. Lights like those aren't cheap, and to install them in areas not to be commonly viewed, it wasn't fiscally responsible.
3. Fireworks can be dangerous when around a large amount of electrical equipment such as this. If my mapping of the castle lights was right, at least one castle-mounted launcher is near the side of the castle where you feel they need to add lights.

1. Valid Point

2. Who are you , Micheal Eisner? WDW wouldn't be what it is today if they were were consistently worried about costs such as these.. I agree extensively with other reasons, but really, this one is no excuse..

3. Very possible.. I never considered the proximity to the launchers, etc for wishes

hardcard

Original Poster
And I just don't understand it! Can't you just say "hey, the castle looks great!", enjoy the view and move on? I just don't understand why people take the time to hunt out mistakes or whatever "bad show" means to them and not take the time to enjoy all that is laid out before them and the company of their family or friends. :shrug:

By the way, I love the shot of the castle.
thumbsup8de.gif

Ok.. so.. I'm not sure why the personal attacks have started.. But, it's time to address them ...

#1. I LOVE the castle lights, and cannot wait to see them in person in 8 days! :)

#2. I DON'T want to find fault in anything disney does.. I saw the picture, and made a general observation... That would be why the thread title says "Bad Show?" I was asking a question, and I feel that completely logical reasons for the light configuration being the way it is, were presented.

#3. I didnt "Hunt Out" anything.. That picture is NOT MINE, it was posted by steve on the site, and I BELIEVE it's a official WDW released picture by their photogs..

Trust me, when I get to WDW next week.. The absense of lights on all sides of the castle will be the farthest thing from my mind...

What is this discussion forum for if we aren't able to discuss the ins and the outs of the parks?

JustPlainBill

Ok.. so.. I'm not sure why the personal attacks have started.. But, it's time to address them ...
I happen to agree with you on this point, I feel you should be able to give an opinion or ask a question and not have to suffer the indignation of others because you had to audacity to suggest anything that could be negative in connection with WDW. I'm already on record as saying that I like how the castle looks but if others don't like it, so be it. The fun of discussion on forums like these is not only in the affinity of sharing our common feelings, but also debating our feelings of difference and finding out if your opinion is in the majority or who agrees or disagrees. Discuss the point of the post, not the relevance of whether or not it should be discussed at all. My humble opinion, take it or leave it.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy

#1. I LOVE the castle lights, and cannot wait to see them in person in 8 days! :)

#2. I DON'T want to find fault in anything disney does.. I saw the picture, and made a general observation... That would be why the thread title says "Bad Show?" I was asking a question, and I feel that completely logical reasons for the light configuration being the way it is, were presented.

#3. I didnt "Hunt Out" anything.. That picture is NOT MINE, it was posted by steve on the site, and I BELIEVE it's a official WDW released picture by their photogs..

Trust me, when I get to WDW next week.. The absense of lights on all sides of the castle will be the farthest thing from my mind...

What is this discussion forum for if we aren't able to discuss the ins and the outs of the parks?

I wouldn't take it personally. The comments are not really personal as directed at you as they are at the comment or "hot button" word you used.

There are those in these here parts that spend a great deal of energy pointing out the "flaws" with WDW. Posting picture after picture of a light bulb out, or paint chip or cobweb. With that in mind, some others have grown very tired of what is perceived as extreme pickiness and negativism. There are some sites that while they claim themselves to be "Disney sites", they end up being more like Disney haters...like we seem to see from the Orlando paper. People here don't want us to be perceived as that negative.

You managed to push that button.

While five years ago, many more would have agreed with you, based on the effort that Disney has been putting on getting things back on track, people are more willing to overlook some smaller stumbles. Some can rail against the back of EE, others welcome the outstanding ride on stage. I prefer to keep my eyes on stage.

There are a few other "hot buttons" here...but I won't start down that slippery slope...:zipit:

I am not making excuses, and I will apologize if you still feel it is personal, but hopefully you will understand a little more about where those comments are coming from.

hardcard

Original Poster
Kinda hard to not take it personally when you are the OP.. but, I digress.. I agree that disney is making great strides in improving a lot of these issues, but I'm not here to blow sunshine up anyones butt.. I saw the issue.. I commented on it.. used some 'hot word' as you put it, and there are 3 or 4 posts in the thread now directly criticizing me (or, the OP, however you want to say it)..I have been a member of wdwmagic for YEARS, and only post once in a blue moon because of this very issue.. You bring up anything of critique and people attack you and accuse you are being negative about everything, etc...

If I was negative about everything, I wouldn't be a disney fan, and wouldn't be going to WDW in a week :)

tigsmom

Since you quoted me I'll answer... I was not attacking you by any means ( or even addressing your post since I did not quote you nor comment on your post), but answering Master Yoda's. It is a point I have wondered about for a long time. There are many who make a point of finding things they consider bad show and even if I live to be 100 I will never figure out why. Ok, so something needs a coat of paint or a bulb needs to be replaced...so what. Maybe my brain works differently than others, but why, after paying all that money to be at WDW can't they just enjoy it? There are many more good things than bad. I never even would have noticed the lights didn't go all the way around if you hadn't pointed it out. :shrug:

If I offended you then I'm sorry as that was not my intent and I hope you enjoy your trip. :wave:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I wouldn't take it personally. The comments are not really personal as directed at you as they are at the comment or "hot button" word you used.

There are those in these here parts that spend a great deal of energy pointing out the "flaws" with WDW. Posting picture after picture of a light bulb out, or paint chip or cobweb. With that in mind, some others have grown very tired of what is perceived as extreme pickiness and negativism. There are some sites that while they claim themselves to be "Disney sites", they end up being more like Disney haters...like we seem to see from the Orlando paper. People here don't want us to be perceived as that negative.

You managed to push that button.

While five years ago, many more would have agreed with you, based on the effort that Disney has been putting on getting things back on track, people are more willing to overlook some smaller stumbles. Some can rail against the back of EE, others welcome the outstanding ride on stage. I prefer to keep my eyes on stage.

There are a few other "hot buttons" here...but I won't start down that slippery slope...:zipit:
I am not making excuses, and I will apologize if you still feel it is personal, but hopefully you will understand a little more about where those comments are coming from.
You still up for pool hopping in December? I also have a couple of Dixie landings mugs that we can use when we are there. I will bring my moms handicap sticker so we can get free valet service. I made lunch 12:00 reservations for Le Cellier, Rose and Crown and the Garden Grill for that day so we can just pick which one we want to go to and skip out on the other two. After lunch we can ride the big golf ball or go to Disney and ride that pirate ride that was made about that movie or go over to MGM studios and ride Spiderman. Oh and I forgot to mention me and the family will be staying at the All Stars. I know we are a party of 5 but what Disney does not know wont hurt them. Speaking of that can you believe that even though Riley is 6 the CM's still buy that she is under 3? We are going to pull them out of school for that week. Brit is failing English and Zoie is having trouble in math but Disney is more important.

See ya in a few weeks1

:lookaroun:lookaroun

:D
Did I miss any?

tigsmom

You still up for pool hopping in December? I also have a couple of Dixie landings mugs that we can use when we are there. I will bring my moms handicap sticker so we can get free valet service. I made lunch 12:00 reservations for Le Cellier, Rose and Crown and the Garden Grill for that day so we can just pick which one we want to go to and skip out on the other two. After lunch we can ride the big golf ball or go to Disney and ride that pirate ride that was made about that movie or go over to MGM studios and ride Spiderman. Oh and I forgot to mention me and the family will be staying at the All Stars. I know we are a party of 5 but what Disney does not know wont hurt them. Speaking of that can you believe that even though Riley is 6 the CM's still buy that she is under 3? We are going to pull them out of school for that week. Brit is failing English and Zoie is having trouble in math but Disney is more important.

See ya in a few weeks1

Did I miss any?

:ROFLOL:

I think that just about covers it!

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy

See ya in a few weeks1

Did I miss any?

Smoking, strollers, Brazilians, electric carts....just to name a few
Good effort though! :wave::eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom