Cinderella Castle Forecourt Stage?

EPCOT Explorer

The Kids of the Kingdom had to have been there before 86. I could swear I remember them in 85 and there was definitely a stage show out there in 83.

Honestly, I can't ever remember a time when there wasn't a show on a stage in front of the castle and I've been going from time to time ever since the 70s. ;)

So, do you know what show was in TL?

MKCP 1985

So, do you know what show was in TL?
The years run together and my brain is fuzzy. I remember a show with 80s style rappin' lyrics, with the Fab 5 plus Chip and Dale at some point. :confused:

I remember the Kids of the Kingdom on the Cinderella's Castle stage because I was selling popcorn right there in the hub many days in the summers of 85 and 86.

EPCOT Explorer

The years run together and my brain is fuzzy. I remember a show with 80s style rappin' lyrics, with the Fab 5 plus Chip and Dale at some point. :confused:

I remember the Kids of the Kingdom on the Cinderella's Castle stage because I was selling popcorn right there in the hub many days in the summers of 85 and 86.
Ah. Very cool.:D

The TL show I am thinking of had a section for each land. I distinctly remember them singing about Tomorrowland and jets of smoke shooting out of the ceiling.:lol:

vonpluto

here's what I have for the
Tomorrowland Stage (1981 - 86),
oh yeah, the Tomorrowland Theatre (1987 - 94),
no wait, the Tomorrowland Stage at RocketTower Plaza (1994 - 96),
Err, the Galaxy Palace Theatre (1996 - 2009),
I remember now, the new parking lot!!:rolleyes:

10/81 - 1984 DisneyWorld Is Your World (Kids of the Kingdom)
(TenCennial show)
7/ 84 - 9/ 85 Show Bis Is (Kids of the Kingdom)
1985 - ? DisneyWorld Is Your World (Kids of the Kingdom)
1983 - 2008? Mickeys ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas (Kids of the Kingdom)
1986 - 1991? Disney Mania (Kids of the Kingdom)
1996 - 99 Galaxy Search

EPCOT Explorer

here's what I have for the
Tomorrowland Stage (1981 - 86),
oh yeah, the Tomorrowland Theatre (1987 - 94),
no wait, the Tomorrowland Stage at RocketTower Plaza (1994 - 96),
Err, the Galaxy Palace Theatre (1996 - 2009),
I remember now, the new parking lot!!:rolleyes:

10/81 - 1984 DisneyWorld Is Your World (Kids of the Kingdom)
(TenCennial show)
7/ 84 - 9/ 85 Show Bis Is (Kids of the Kingdom)
1985 - ? DisneyWorld Is Your World (Kids of the Kingdom)
1983 - 2008? Mickeys ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas (Kids of the Kingdom)
1986 - 1991? Disney Mania (Kids of the Kingdom)
1996 - 99 Galaxy Search
Ah...That might be it.

We need Martin! :D

AshaNeOmah

Original Poster
Thanks for the info in this thread. I really can't ever remember seeing a show before 2000. That just seems weird.

In my original post I mentioned the walkway being closed. What is the status on that? Is it closed continuously or do they pretty much keep it open now? I know I haven't walked through from Hub to Carousel in many years because it has been closed in the past. Maybe just for renovations?

MKCP 1985

whenever they are getting ready for a show, they close it. otherwise, it is often open.

I walked through in January, for the first time in ages.

EPCOT Explorer

Thanks for the info in this thread. I really can't ever remember seeing a show before 2000. That just seems weird.

In my original post I mentioned the walkway being closed. What is the status on that? Is it closed continuously or do they pretty much keep it open now? I know I haven't walked through from Hub to Carousel in many years because it has been closed in the past. Maybe just for renovations?
It's closed most of the day because of the shows, unfortunately..:(

It opens from time to time, but I haven't been through in years.

AshaNeOmah

Original Poster
It's closed most of the day because of the shows, unfortunately..:(

It opens from time to time, but I haven't been through in years.

That's pretty much what I expected. Grrr.... I have very fond memories of walking through and getting that first peek of Fantasyland. Coming in from the sides of Cinderella Castle just doesn't have the same effect, much less having to go through TL or Liberty Square.

Time to start an "Open the Castle Walkway" thread? Maybe 'Clap for the Castle'? :sohappy:

I guess I'll wait till I can stop waving for Space Mountain...

EPCOT Explorer

That's pretty much what I expected. Grrr.... I have very fond memories of walking through and getting that first peek of Fantasyland. Coming in from the sides of Cinderella Castle just doesn't have the same effect, much less having to go through TL or Liberty Square.

Time to start an "Open the Castle Walkway" thread? Maybe 'Clap for the Castle'? :sohappy:

I guess I'll wait till I can stop waving for Space Mountain...

Indeed. It was quite the thematic and magical moment. I'm sure it was planned to be that way.

:lol: I love all these emoticon based campaigns...

tirian

The castle is always open after the final show, usually around 4 pm. IMO, the first show should be canceled, because they close the castle for Rope Drop and leave it closed off until after the show has ended. This forces Guests to use the small walkways around the castle to get into Fantasyland. Talk about a logistics nightmare! But they do it. :brick:

Anyway, like I said, the castle breezeway is always open in the late afternoon and evening, right after the last castle show.

I wish they'd get rid of those tacky golden arches too; they look like ornate McDonald's arches, and don't blend into the castle very well.

EPCOT Explorer

The castle is always open after the final show, usually around 4 pm. IMO, the first show should be canceled, because they close the castle for Rope Drop and leave it closed off until after the show has ended. This forces Guests to use the small walkways around the castle to get into Fantasyland. Talk about a logistics nightmare! But they do it. :brick:

Anyway, like I said, the castle breezeway is always open in the late afternoon and evening, right after the last castle show.

I wish they'd get rid of those tacky golden arches too; they look like ornate McDonald's arches, and don't blend into the castle very well.

Good to know. Agreed on the first show canceling...You get many more peeps through the castle that way.

And yep. I'm guessing the gold is left over from the HCOE?

Dragonrider1227

I never found the stage an "eyesore" but having to walk around it to go through the castle is a bit of pain. Especially since they close the castle entrance every 20 minutes or so for their shows so getting to walk through it is always a 60/40 chance. THAT irritates me a bit

JustInTime

This reminds me, does anyone else think it would be great to have the characters involved in Wishes? Like have the Genie come out on the balcony or the Blue Fairy. It just seems like it would add that little something to me. :shrug:

I have always thought they should add them. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom