Cinderella Breakfast?

Shelby007

Hi Everyone! I'm new here and I'm SO excited 'cause I just booked my 1st WDW vacation!!!...going in late Sept.

My daughter (6) has been nagging for years to have breakfast in Cinderella's Castle. It is also her birthday which will make it all the more special for her. Can anyone tell me anything about it? I heard the resteraunt is smaller than others...is this a problem or a good thing? Are there other characters there besides Cinderella? How far in advance for reservations?

The entire trip is a secret to both of kids. HOPE MY HUSBAND 7 I CAN KEEP IT TO OURSELVES FOR SO LONG.

Thanks,

Shelby007:sohappy:

Nansafan

Welcome to the boards. It is very difficult to get a ressie for the Cinderella breakfast. The castle is a smaller restaurant than some of the other character meal sites. You may make your reservation 60 days out. Make sure you count the days don't just assume 60 days is 2 months, you must be exact. Call when the WDW Dine line opens at 7:00 AM Eastern time and call each day until you get one or you run out of days. Last year I called every day for 10 days straight only to be disappointed and not get the coveted reservation. This year, we somehow made it and will be attending the breakfast for the first time. We have dinner at the castle every year. I've see on the wdwig.com website that the characters include: Cinderella, Jasmine, Belle, Snow White and occasionally the Fairy Godmother. Watch for my trip report, we're vacatoning 6/14-6/22/03. Good luck.

Upvote 0

Bagheera

Yep. Cindy's is *THE* hardest reservation to get at WDW.

Don't start calling 407-WDW-DINE at 7:00am Eastern. Start calling at 6:55 in case your clocks don't match the clocks at WDW. It might even be a good idea to call once the day before during the day to get through and follow the phone tree once to write down the correct prompt sequence. Then, if/when you get through, follow that tree, and when you get a live voice on the other end, even shout over them to say "Cindy's for three!" (Assuming that there will be three of you.) I have heard that there are more reservations agents than there are tables at Cindy's, so if you take too long getting your request in once they pick up, you may be out of luck.

Call exactly 60 days out from your first morning at WDW, so that you have the maximum number of chances. If you get a reservation for a morning before your daughter's birthday, you could always try again, and if you get another reservation closer to or on her birthday, you can always cancel the earlier one.

Good luck! I hope you can get in on your daughter's birthday!

Oh, and welcome! :wave:

Upvote 0

DisneyPhD

Hi, never been to Cindy's, we are waiting until 2 year old DD is a bit older. Last year they changed the PS system for the breakfest since it was the most pouplar and difficult to get in. When you make your PS you need to reserve it with a cc (use you Disney one and gets points for it!) This is to cut down on people making mass PS for Cindys and then selling or giving them away on websites and such. The idea was it would make it easier for the average family to get in. I haven't heard if it helped or not, but I hope so. I think I remember hearing that once made PS can not be transfered to another person. I also recently read one trip report where a family only had PS for 4 when they had 5 in group, but had no problems.

I have also heard of accounts of people who don't have PS showing up and waiting and getting in anyway. Worth a try!

If you don't get in and you DD is set on princess, I hear Epcot also has a princess breakfest.

Good Luck!

Upvote 0

grumpyny

Last year, my wife and I tried for a week using 2 phones and redialing the number. Finally we got a seating on our last day. Our daughter, who was 3 years old, absolutely loved it.

We just got PS at the Princess breakfast in Norway for 8/20 without trouble. However the CM we spoke with said it is starting to get more popular.

Good luck...:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Momx3

Yes Epcot does it is in Norway and is called the Storybook Princess breakfest. It has some of the princesses but not Cinderella. I've heard Belle, Ariel, Pocohantos, Jasmine, Sleeping Beauty and others. There is also the Cinderella Gala Feast at 1900 Park Fare in The Grand Floridian. It is a Character dinner and has Cinderella, Prince Charming, the mice and Fairy Godmother. I just made my PS today! Our trip is 120 days away! Can't wait!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

SlideOperatorCP

Hi!
My boyfriend surprised me with breakfast at the castle on our last morning as CP's. I personally didn't like the food... it was a little to fancy for me... I would have been happy with some eggs and toast but it was cream cheese filled french toast or something... But it is by far the best way for your little princess to meet all the other princesses!!! They spent alot of time with the little girls and it was really cute to watch! Cinderella, Snow White, Aurora, Mary Poppins, and the Fairy Godmother were there.
Good luck with yout reservations!!!

7 Days till Disney World!!!! yay!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Hurricane

Or instead of calling early in the morning you could try calling right at the end of the shift and make PS's all night so you've got someone on the line at 7am when they open up :lol: good luck, i remember eating at King Stefan's Banquet Hall when i was a kid...still not sure how prince charming felt about King Stefan having a restaurant in his castle......

Upvote 0

Shelby007

Original Poster
Thank you all so much for your advise & tips. So much to do and think about. Planning this vacation is so overwhelming...its more work than it was planning our wedding!!

Thanks everyone.

Shelby007 :animwink:

Upvote 0

SusanAnne

I guess we were really blessed, because 3 years ago, on our last day at Disney, I called from our disney hotel, and was able to get reservations for that morning. Our daughters loved it, and yes i would do it again.

Upvote 0

Dwarful

Hey Shellby007 WELCOME to the boards! If you can get the Cindys ressie its well worth it! We somehow managed to get our gang of 8 in last year for breakfast! It was sooo worth it, even our nearly teen & teenage nephews liked it. We let our daughters aged 2 & 6 and our niece age 8 dress up in their princess outfits...great for photo ops as well! then after breakfast I took them into the restroom upstairs and changed them into their regular clothes for the day, stashed the princess costumes in a locker for the day! Those photos are their absolute favorites.

Upvote 0

Nansafan

Originally posted by SusanAnne
I guess we were really blessed, because 3 years ago, on our last day at Disney, I called from our disney hotel, and was able to get reservations for that morning. Our daughters loved it, and yes i would do it again.

Last year when we tried for PS's I came to the boards for advise. I was told to do just what you did. Sometimes you get lucky if there is a cancellation. Congratulations.

Upvote 0

Holly

You've been given some great advice here - I have nothing to add to it except, don't tell her you're trying to get ressies. They are extremely hard to get .... I wouldn't let her know unless you've secured them.

Somehow, we lucked out and got ressies for our trip this past T'giving. I finally, FINALLY got them for our last day there.

My DH is a pretty darn picky eater - and he thought Cindy's was our best meal there.

Upvote 0

Shelby007

Original Poster
This is all so confusing...you've all given some great advise and so many options!

1 more question though...(I lie...I'll have a million more I'm sure)

Is there anywhere I can get a list of all character breakfasts/dinners? Reading through the forum I keep finding more & more. I'd like to know what my options are when I call for ressies.

Thanks all.

Shelby007:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

Although the Breakfast is very coveted in WDW, I think that it is over rated. It costs more than any breakfast on property (19.99 per adult) and you get no special food. i would really considering doing a different meal unless this will make or break your trip. There are a ton of great places to eat on propoerty.

Upvote 0

Dwarful

Well we thought the food was very good, and we had done some of the other Character Breakfasts. For our girls it was "the experience" of getting to eat w/the princesses at the top of the castle, looking out the windows and seeing MK spread out before them, it was a magical breakfast and I would pay the price again for that video footage and the photos. The experience at the other character meals was great (the kids esp. liked Liberty Tree for dinner) but none of it was quite like that breakfast w/the girls in their princess outfits meeting the characters they adore. If you can get it I say go for it, I dont think you'll regret it, espeically if your daughter is a princess fan!

Upvote 0

wdwforus

Although the food was a little pricey I thought that it was excellent. I cant really say I was going there for the food to begin with. My wife called for atleast 2 days before she got our reservation. We ate at 8:15 and had plenty of time to get to the roped off bridge going towoards Fronteirland/Adventurland before any of the crowds. We have 2 girls around the same age as yours and they were floored by the experience. I would say the dining room had about 25 tables that sat at least 4 people each. The sevice was excellent. And for the most important part....the characters were awesome...we saw Belle, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Snow White and maybe one more. We also had a prince there although I cant remember his name. When we came out the Fairy Godmother was downstairs having pics taken also. They all came to our table one at a time and posed for what would have been some very nice pictures had my wife had a clue what she was doing with the digital camera. They each also asked very nice questions of our girls as to where we were from and things like that. They showed an honest, or so it seemed, interest in the girls and were very professional. Make sure if you get the reservation to get to your bus stop early and tell the people there that you have an early priority seating. There was a woman at our bus stop every morning radioing to someone to tell them who was waiting for what park. I would definatly make it a must do on my list....specially if you are going for the first time. Let us know if you get the reservation. Emphize to whoever you talk to about the reservation that its your daughters birthday and you really want this breakfast.

Upvote 0

Candyapple

Best table in CRT?

I have a question about the best table in the castle. When we were there for my first daughters 5th b-day, they gave us a table in the center of the room. It was nice because the characters were easily able to walk around the table and it was easy for me to get up and take pictures. However, I hear the window seats are great. I'm just concerned about my ability to move around for picture taking and that the characters wont be able to surround us like before. I imagine the window seats are booths, is that correct? I just don't want to be confined to a wall seat and get bad pictures.

If you were me, which would u choose? Maybe this will also help DisneyPhD in choosing where to sit as well.

Thanks guys!:wave:

Upvote 0

Nansafan

The window seats are not booths. We've sat at the windows a couple times for dinner. Remember about the glare and flash photography reflecting off the window when you take your pictures.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom