Christmas Reservations

luvlifeinfl

probably pretty early. I know last yr we wanted to go for Tgiving we called at the 11month window and we booked are home resort but at the 7month window we wanted to stay at a different resort and there was nothing available we even were placed on a wait list and we never got it.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
It will all depend on what DVC resort you are looking to get into. Boardwalk, Beach Club and possible Bay Lake Towers and Wilderness Lodge will most likely be gone at 11 months out. Openings at Old Key West, Saratoga Springs and Animal Kingdom Lodge might survive until the 7 month window.

Daddio

WDWMAGIC Sponsor
That really depends on which resort you want to stay at. Saratoga Springs is always the last resort to sell out (because of its size) and I think this year, you could get a Christmas reservation right up to the 5 month mark.

WIlderness is the quickest to sell out and should be booked between 10 and 11 months. Bay Lake Tower is next, followed by Beach Club then Boardwalk. I recommend 8 to 10 months in advance. Once the 7 month window opens, it's open season.

Of course, these opinions may change do many factors. To be sure you get a room, call at the 11 month mark.

New Year's Eve is a different story and should be booked at the 11 month mark at the popular/smalle resorts.

David

mycatspot

We are going Dec 18-25 and booked 7 months out. While we qualify fr a 3 bedroom luxury, there were only 1 bedroom villas available at the time if booking. We went on a wait list and a 2 BR opened up at SSR. We are still waitlisted for a 2 or 3 BR in any other resort but with three days to go, it's unlikely. Moral of the story: book ASAP or you might have to settle for a smaller unit in a resort that's not at the top of your list.

dizzney

Last year we arrived New years Eve for 9 nights and I booked at 11 months out 5 nights at BWV in a 2 bedroom then 4 at BLT in a MK view one bedroom. We decided a week later to get Boardwalk view at the Boardwalk, and wait listed immedaitely for 3 for the 5 nights at BWV. We finally cleared our lastwait list night a month before New Years Eve. The motto is, book exactly what you want at that time immediately at 11 months out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom