Christmas Parade without Regis

Hey I just heard back from lightship tv and they told me there will be no special tickets this year it will be passholders and if you want to purchase tickets too the park only. They said they are going to let people come and go as they please from the parade and the park this year. Well there goes my 2 free days at MK this christmas.

Also I hated how last year on christmas day they jumped from park to park to park and didnt really show that much of the parade on tv.

slappy magoo

I'm gonna go out on a cra-hay-haaaayyyyyzee limb and say that every celebrity has been approached on an off-day, and as a result, people walked away thinking that celebrity is an a-hole.

Jumping over to an equally crazy limb, I'm gonna say that some people don't know how annoying they can be, and assume a celebrity is gonna jump through hoops for them upon meeting them. And if the celebrity tries to maintain a sense of personal space or privacy, guess what? They're an a-hole.

I've never been to WDW during Xmas, and I've never personally met Regis. But when I was in college, there was a day when my TV Production class got tix to see Regis & Kathie Lee, and then got a backstage tour of the studio. During commercial breaks, Kathie Lee was acting like the diva she's always had the reputation of being. Regis, whether it was to minimize the damage Kathie Lee was causing to the studio audience or whether it was his nature, kept talking to the studio audience, keeping their energy up. Granted, that was all self-serving to keep the show moving once the commercials were over, and maybe to the staff he's insufferable, but it left a favorable impression on me, in any event.

As far as the parade goes, I never watch it, as I find it too commercial even by Disney's standards. It sorta reminds me of the big ol' fake smile your Mom would put on her face when it was her turn to hose a Tupperware Party. It seems sweet and pretty on a surface level, but come on, there's more going on than this, isn't there? This is Stepford Wivian monotonous!

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Original Poster
Regis is fine. There is no point to this thread.:snore:

If thats the case then there is really no point to about 50% of the threads on this forum (Harry Potter threads, 5th gate threads, Indy Jones threads, bald mountain threads, etc...etc..etc..)

Thanks for your comment though, it added nothing to this thread.

Dwarful

I have nothing against Regis. But, if Disney wants to change things around..they have lots of "disney" stars to pick from..as others mentioned vandyke, j. andrews, Raven, Kurt Russell and others. I agree though, keep it focused on the parade at MK, don't jump around, keep the Christmas parade tradtion going.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom