Christmas Parade Taping

trr313

Are they giving out parade vouchers like they did last year? I know last year you were able to get in for free if you had that special pass.

trr313

Yes they did give out vouchers this year.... I dont know if Lightship TV is still distributing them. I know it took me quite a while for me to get a response from them....MANY MANY EMAILS...following up and took overall about two weeks for me to get my confirmation email.... GOODLUCK!!!

Thanks. Hopefully I might get a response.

Blizz

Yes they did give out vouchers this year.... I dont know if Lightship TV is still distributing them. I know it took me quite a while for me to get a response from them....MANY MANY EMAILS...following up and took overall about two weeks for me to get my confirmation email.... GOODLUCK!!!

Actually, although Lightship's name is all over the audience stuff, they are not the ones handeling it. The e-mails are going to someone at Disney.

JROK

ummm... o_0 I specifically was dealing with someone from Lightship...who was incharge of audience participation for the Parade and other NBC stuff... she worked for Lightship TV...

im not here to argue...but just stating what i did to get mine...i actually had several phone conversations with this person as well

She is the one who sent me the confirmation email with my stuff...:p

Good nite everyone!!!:wave:

NBC? Hmm, I wonder if Lightship is doing the new show over at Universal that is taping at IOA a few times a week...

Back on topic... Does anybody have any info on who will be performing and where yet? This time last year we had a bunch of info... I heard American Idol is performing Friday but I don't know what time or where...

Blizz

NBC? Hmm, I wonder if Lightship is doing the new show over at Universal that is taping at IOA a few times a week...

Back on topic... Does anybody have any info on who will be performing and where yet? This time last year we had a bunch of info... I heard American Idol is performing Friday but I don't know what time or where...

I think they meant ABC.

Lightship isn't the one producing iVillage Live.

Today was the Beyonce performance taping.

mjc1984

Original Poster
Does anyone know who will be there on Friday? I was really hoping beyonce would be there but they already filmed her part of it.

Blizz

Parade is supposed to be taped Saturday. So I assume that means the acts left to perform will be done tomorrow.

Mind you, a lot is already done... not sure how much, but I have been told its a good bit.

Just so you know, I've been told they are out of parade tickets, so if you e-mail them now its kinda pointless.

prberk

Not saying producing a parade is cheap by any means, but live has its advantages and it is cheaper which is why smaller markets usually choose to go that route, but you get a better looking show when you go live to tape and then edit in post and national events are usually done this way.

If "better looking" means "slicker" then you are correct, but I don't think that the pre-taped slickly-produced parade is anywhere near as interesting to watch as the live one. It's like comparing The Today Show to an infomercial. The infomercial is perfectly produced, but The Today Show is still better.

These days the parade looks like one long Disney Channel infomercial, rather than a real look at Christmas at Walt Disney World.

The old parade used the same celebrity or two who were already at Epcot for the Candlelight Processional as the Grand Marshall, and only the cutaways were pre-recorded. It just felt more kinetic (like the Macy's parade).

Paul

Blizz

If "better looking" means "slicker" then you are correct, but I don't think that the pre-taped slickly-produced parade is anywhere near as interesting to watch as the live one. It's like comparing The Today Show to an infomercial. The infomercial is perfectly produced, but The Today Show is still better.

These days the parade looks like one long Disney Channel infomercial, rather than a real look at Christmas at Walt Disney World.

The old parade used the same celebrity or two who were already at Epcot for the Candlelight Processional as the Grand Marshall, and only the cutaways were pre-recorded. It just felt more kinetic (like the Macy's parade).

Paul

I dont mean to sound rude, but I hate the Today Show, i think its crappy and I think Macy's has gone down hill in recent years...

As far as a better product. I can say for a fact it looks better because they can take the time to produce quality segments. They are edited with more care and has a cleaner look. In the end a client would rather have clean and prerecorded over sloppy, rushed, and live. Thats how it is. They also like it because they have more control and have approvals and can change what they dont like before it goes to air.

I work both live and prerecorded shows and I can say that the shows that are prerecorded look so much better.

As far as it looking like a commerical... talk to Disney marketing.. thats all them. They are doing it to all their stuff, not just the Christmas parade.

prberk

I know, and that is exactly the problem.

They are making everything too slick. When something like a parade is overproduced it loses the reason you are watching in the first place: to feel like you are there.

There is nothing wrong with good production. But some things are meant to be live.

(As for The Today Show, I am not talking about the content or the stars -- I am talking about how it is obviously live and responsive -- unlike an infomercial with a car-salesman-like pitch man trying to sell you a get-rich quick scheme in a slickly-produced Hawaiian beach scene.)

It is the live and responsive, kinetic energy that goes away in when something that is supposed to be live is overproduced.

Paul

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom