Christmas Parade Filming ?

raven

Hmm, I'm going to be in WDW that weekend. Is it best to avoid MK on the day they film it?

Yes indeed. It takes hours and hours to film the parade and usually the "guests" along the main street are actually CM's and their families. Last year I heard they had to shoot the High School Musical section several times due to the cast not being able to get everything in sync.

TomorrowlandTyler

Yes, it is pretty cool to be there on the day that they are filming...But don't expect to be able to move around freely and accomplish what you usually do on a normal day. You've been forewarned.

cindy_k

Thanks for the tips! Will it be the Saturday, or the Sunday?

Last year is was a Multi-day event.. spanning Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
I went on Friday and got to see Michael Bolton sing as well as the winner from Dancing with the Stars show. (Some football player)

It was fun, but then I was there with the purpose of being an audience member for the filming. MK was crowded and they roped off whole sections around the castle for the filming which didn't help traffic flow.

Matpez

It takes all day, and they lots lots of people in free admission who then can leave the taping and go elsewhere in the park....

sweetpee_1993

To the OP, I feel your pain. We'll be at WDW that weekend, too. My plans have us out of the MK for the Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. I don't want to get tangled in that mess. We'll just go do other stuff.

PoohsGang

Original Poster
Has there actually been confirmation that it will be the first weekend? Or is this just how they usually do the parade?

I will be there fron Nov 24 to Dec 8 was hoping it would be on the weekend of the 8th...........:rolleyes:

Figment1986

...as well as the winner from Dancing with the Stars show. (Some football player)

I watched that number from behind the equipment near Walt and mickey, and I noticed something, each take he did something else differently with his kids... lol

This is one thing about going, you see which take they use in the show versus which takes they drop.

Phantom39001

Hey everyone! this is my frist time posting. So here it goes.

I was at the filming for two of the three days, And it was a really awesome time. It just that the taping takes forever. And the street is lined mostly with AP as well as CM. Me being a CM, got tickets to go to the parade taping but we were pushed off to the side because the AP holders were the important ones. But anyways we got an awesome spot. But i think Disney didn't do a good job of letting the general public know that it was being filmed. Many of the guest i heard that the fimling ruined their vacation and were never coming back.
So if you don't like large crowds i would stay away from MK during the first few days of decemeber, from what i heard it always done on the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.

dvitali

Question: Since I have ticket for MVMCP for the Dec 2, Should I hold off going to it after 4 pm? I would think the crowds whould still be heavy after the Christmas show taping for the rest of the day and that night, I should do most of the ride on some other day later that week.

cooleo

The filming is always done during the first week / weekend in December. I was there the last 2 years in a row & I made sure to stay clear on MK on the day of taping. I certainly don't want to be standing there most of the day when I can be riding. :cool:

I went 2 years ago when it was free to get in with just a paper from the company, then last year they said it would cost and I couldn't go. That first year I stayed for about 3 hours at the taping and then went off into the park because I got sick and tired of the lady in front of me that was insane. Every time the camera or a celebrity came anywhere near us she would push and move around in her spot to get into the shot. To make things worse she had a backpack on and a stupid huge homemade hat that was 10X to big for her head and had about 4 million little Disney beanies on it. Plus it was really hot and they were running really behind. So I went off into the park and it was great because once you got out of the crowd at the front the rest of the park was empty, I walked onto everything but Buzz and Peter Pan.

phenom1307

so if you would go on film day wouldnt main street be the only place thats filled and the majority of the rest of the park empty....so wouldnt there be little to no wait on the attractions?

I think the issue last year was alot of AP and cast members in the park for the taping and then add guest and you get alot of people walking around and it just seems fuller then it really is.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom