Christmas Holiday phase closing watch 2018

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
A few of my very good CM friends are working 12 hour plus shifts today. I worked NYE last year and had a 14 hour shift.

I'll just say that your and their willingness to work on days like today, and a long shift like a 12, is very much appreciated. Even though I'm not there, I can only imagine how difficult days like these can be on CM's, so consider this a little recognition from us in the peanut gallery being tossed their way. :cool:

Rider

At it's worse this morning, traffic waiting to get through MK toll plaza went down World Drive just shy of Osceola . It hovered around Buena Vista Dr. for a long time. All busses on reroute to avoid World Dr.
Currently looking like this:

CC2EA284-B316-4818-8B33-A0F6F2D20344.jpeg

Red lines heading into Epcot now too.

mimitchi33

Currently looking like this:

View attachment 337452

Red lines heading into Epcot now too.
Currently at a 35-minute delay according to Google Maps.
According to Twitter user EpcotNYE, there's a shockingly long wait for something mundane.
guest relations.jpg

And this is what I imagine is happening over there:
line complaint.jpg
Gift cards being given out at auto plaza due to closure of MK.
Wait, did they just hit phase 4, or is it still Phase B?

mimitchi33

The hub (cast portal) is still listing it at "Phase B as of 11:35am."
Oh, thanks!
Once again, these were taken by EpcotNYE, bless their brave soul.
As always, The Land's packed:
DvwleNlXgAAvFcx.jpg

DvwlfG3X0AElkus.jpg

Here's what it's like over at Nemo and Friends:
Dvwrf7RXgAEFZQb.jpg

Spaceship Earth's line (understandable, as it is closing for a year and a half)
DvxB6wgWkAAIgGk.jpg

The Gran Fiesta Tour line:
DvxVmNqVAAERPv-.jpg

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is the line to get farted on by Figment!
figmentline.jpg

Last edited:

Missing20K

If you think that's bad, Test Track currently has a 270 minute wait. Four and a half hours...and a 135-minute wait for Spaceship Earth, which is insane!
Genuinely curious if anyone has data about the tipping point for when guests say "that's too long of a wait, let's try something else", because I would have guessed it to be a good bit shy of four and a half hours. I am obviously wrong.

mimitchi33

Genuinely curious if anyone has data about the tipping point for when guests say "that's too long of a wait, let's try something else", because I would have guessed it to be a good bit shy of four and a half hours. I am obviously wrong.
If you think four and a half hours is when most people give up, many opening days have had wait times of 300 minutes or more for whatever the newest ride is. And even worse, at Tokyo Disneyland, the opening day for Toy Story Mania had a six and a half hour wait. No, I'm not kidding.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom