Christmas Ft. Wilderness

casconi

Hey everyone...My family and I have just booked our FIRST christmas AWAY FROM HOME...and we booked it for a week at the Ft. Wilderness cabins....We have stayed at many of the resorts but never at Christmas time, and because we have five members in our family the cabins was the best way to go, otherwise we would have had to have gotten two rooms at any other resort...I was wondering if anyone has been during this time period, and if someone could give me and "honest" opinion as to what they think of the place....its not too late to change, (Just about 1800 more...haha)...please help here...thanks!

Nemo14

We've never stayed there at Christmas, but we did ride the bus through it 2 years ago on Christmas night. It was really magical - so many of the campers go all out decorating for Christmas. And the woodsy atmosphere just really adds to the magic, Enjoy, and Merry Christmas (a little early) :xmas:

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
I followed you over to this thread...:D

A couple of other thoughts for your vacation planning...it wasn't too clear how Disney savvy you are. While this is a great time to visit, Christmas week is also the most crowded week of the year. You should plan on making most of your dinner reservations soon. I would also suggest that you pick a date (or dates...it's worth seeing again) for the Candlelight Procession in Epcot and make a dinner package reservation.

Again, if you are not familiar with all that is available at this time of year, feel free to ask in a thread...you may search other threads as this is discussed often, or for one stop shopping, Pam or her associates at Kingdom Konsultants (for a fee this time) can plan an itinerary for you. (sorry if I sound like a commercial for them, but for someone not familiar with all the in's and outs, they are a great resource)

Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions.

Upvote 0

maggiegrace1

It Is WONDERFUL.....:) :) :)
Especially at Christmas...campsites and cabins are decorated and its just so beautiful
Its a great place to stay anytime but I think Christmas time is just a bit more magical.
I am also going to stay there in Dec and cannot wait.
You will have a great time.
There is a lot to do...campfire singalong..and nightly movies with Chip and Dale...
You can rent bikes.boats and go horseback riding..
It is awesome...

Hope you have a great time..I know I will..:)

Upvote 0

GrimmGhosts999

my family has stayed at Ft. Wilderness for the past 3 or 4 Christmas' . It's a great place for that time of year. Especially if you have a golf cart. I highly recommend renting one early in advance.

Upvote 0

col

i have never stayed at fort. wilderness but i did go on a carriage ride on christmas eve '05 and it was great. on the carriage ride you go throught the petting zoo then past the RV's which are decorated in xmas lights and such then past the tents on the grass and they had lights going around them and plastic snowmen outside. the fort. wilderness christmas tree is by pioneer hall (facing the hoop de doo revue). also what is nice is sitting in a wooden rocking chair just listening to the christmas music and people talking about xmas and just watching the view.

people do decorate the cabins, RV's and tents, etc in lights and ornaments and more. it is a lovely sight to see. i enjoyed it.

Upvote 0

swimmom

Although I have never stayed at FW cabins, we were in the campground at Christmas two years ago. Be sure to bring decorations to decorate your cabin - inside & out. Also for your golf cart if you rent one for your stay. We could not believe all the decorations on the golf carts parked need the boat dock!!!

Upvote 0

ChuckElias

My very first trip to WDW was Christmas 1972. We stayed at Ft. Wilderness in an RV. I remember that they left a bag of candy on our windshield from Santa. So first of all, thanks for bringing back that memory for me. :xmas:

I have not stayed in Ft. Wilderness at Christmas week since then, however. So I can't tell you much about how things are now.

I can tell you that even tho it's Florida, it can still get pretty chilly. The last time I was there around Christmas was 2001, and Florida was in the grip of a "deep freeze". The temperature was getting into the mid-40's at night for about 2 weeks, I think.

Also, on that 1972 trip, my mom figured, "Oh it's Florida. Shorts and short-sleeved shirts. We shouldn't need anything else." Well, we got there and there was frost on our windows overnight. Our first stop once inside the gates of the Magic Kingdom was a shop on Main Street to buy sweatshirts. So lastly, thanks for bringing back that memory for me, too. :D

Upvote 0

SallyShine

We are also a family of 5. We stayed in the cabins in April and really enjoyed it. A few thoughts: make sure you rent a golf cart! They aren't cheap, but it will make your stay much easier. You can rent them up to a year in advance. They go fast, so call right away. Also, if you are on the dining plan, there is no counter service restaurant at Ft. Wilderness. Finally, make sure to see the Hoop De Do Review. It is well worth the price of admission and the food is great. Have fun!

:xmas:

Upvote 0

Teenchy

Here is a good link about Ft. Wilderness.

http://www.allearsnet.com/acc/faq_fw.htm

If you could swing the extra$$$ and I do mean EXTRA $$$ I would get a villa at the Wilderness Lodge. Its beautiful at Christmas time.

No matter where you stay take the time to visit all the resorts at that time of year and see all of the incredible decorations. I also agree with the others that say Candle Light Processional is a must see (With dinner package)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom