Christmas decor the week before Thanksgiving

Fresh Hop

Original Poster
We're going Nov 14-24 and are kind of bummed to see the Christmas stuff will have already begun... I want regular Disney, not Christmas Disney... :)

So, is it like overnight- full force Christmas decorations? Is EVERYTHING all decorated up or is it subtle? Anyone that can help paint the picture of what we should expect would be great. Thanks!

wendysue

We went last year around Nov. 10th and it was really decorated. That was also the start of the Osbourne Family lights at DHS. It is definitely all about Christmas at that time.:xmas:

a2grafix

We're going Nov 14-24 and are kind of bummed to see the Christmas stuff will have already begun... I want regular Disney, not Christmas Disney... :)

So, is it like overnight- full force Christmas decorations? Is EVERYTHING all decorated up or is it subtle? Anyone that can help paint the picture of what we should expect would be great. Thanks!

Just like right now, early September, WDW is in full Halloween mode, and it's 6-7 weeks before the Halloween holiday. The park is already decorated and merchandise is on the shelves.

As for "November" Christmas, I believe most, if not all, the holiday decorations are up and running as the parties begin soon after the Halloween season ends. As November transitions into December, most if not all the decorations will be out on display.

Sorry ...

dreamfinder

Pretty much all the holiday events are running right after Thanksgiving. So you will pretty much be full on holidays at that point. Some of the resorts may be in the finishing up mode, but everything should be almost done at that time.

Scuttle

We were there November 14 last year and it was mostly decorated. We did notice riding through the Contemporary that they were putting up the giant Christmas wreaths in the lobby. Other than that everything seemed to be up.

Fresh Hop

Original Poster
I went last year from the 18th - the 26th. It was full blown Christmas. Embrace it and love it!!

Aww.. do I have to??? :p Well, I'm at least happy to get the expectation set, so I won't be caught off guard. And if this is all I have to complain about, I guess things are pretty good. Thanks for all the insight er'body!

8laurach

It is kind of like getting all your favorite things at one time-Going to Disney and getting to see the Christmas decor all at the same time. That's why we are going next November ourselves the same time you're going this year-so our Daughter will be 2 1/2.

ssnyder4

Just wanted to add that we stayed at POR over Thanksgiving 2 years ago. When we arrived on property our resort was not decorated and overnight (about midway into the trip) the entire lobby was transformed. It was in true POR style, very pretty and very southern. So, depending on where you are staying you might be a break from Christmas decorations. But I would expect the parks to be all Christmas. Agree with the other posts, you are going at the best time of year!!! Have a great trip.

tizzo

I believe MVMCP starts running within a day or two of the end of MNSSHP, so yeah, at least at MK, Christmas will be in full force by the time you arrive. I can understand your frustration, but keep in mind Disney is a business trying to cater to their clientele like any other business. Many of those clients like the holiday experience at WDW, and it's just not physically possible to accommodate all of them without starting Christmas as early as possible.

lbrad

Parks are fully decorated by the start of your trip.
Some resorts straggle ... so depends on where you are staying.
MVMCP starts Nov. 8th so MK will be all decked out.

Enjoy the spirit :wave:

mp2bill

I think they have to start so early just because of the shear amount of decorations they have to put up. If they got started the day after Thanksgiving, they'd just barely finish by the time Christmas came around.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom