Christmas Day Parade

Matpez

I dunno about that...I was there one year for the MGM portion of tapping the parade. They came around and gave everyone free mickey ears, or mickey santa ears, or something to wear...
The parade came down the Blvd...and stopped, and all the characters interacted with everyone - they got the crowd pumped up, heck I even wooped/hollered and waved at all of them. We had a GREAT time!

Well, my take, from another post...

the organization of th crowd and event was non existent. I have seen better at elementary school events. We were simply looking for direction from a CM outside the turnstiles holding wristbands and she practically yelled at us "look, there are 6,000 people supposed to be here and we do what ABC says!". We just wanted to know if we needed to check in or get wristbands since we had been standing there since 7:20 and it was 8:30 and no one had told the masses of the crowd anything.
To add to that, We got let in at 8:30 with still no instructions, found a spot and waited. The parade began taping at about 9:45. By 12:00 they were not even a quarter of the way done (they were to the princesses new float) and I decided I couldn't take it anymore and went into MK. MK was packed with all the other people let in for free for the parade, so I went to AK.
I work in the video production field, and I understand why it was taking so long, but for the parade you are not treated like a Disney guest, but instead getting ordered around as television extras that deserve a salary!
It was a long hard, non fun day for me.

disneyboyfl

The promotion of Year of a Million Dreams was a little much. I probrably say that as I think the promotion is pretty lousy in and of itself.
I know, isn't it horrible when Disney is giving away $17.4 million of free stuff to their guests including 14 night cruises, round the world vacations, and free membership into DVC. What were they thinking, making guests happy!

Figments Friend

I remember when this parade was LIVE and the show focused more on the actual parade, instead of plugging everything new in the parks or on video. It was nice! It always drove me happily mad when during the live broadcasts they would periodically flash the temperture in the corner of the screen....like we need to know how NICE AND WARM it is! Haa!!!

I watched it this year on ABC, the first time in about 6 years. I liked it as it gave me a Disney buzz and helped get me even more pumped about heading back down to the Orlando area in about a week. The parade showing is still nothing more then a 2 hour ad for the Disney Parks and all the products being touted by the company now ( from movies to new dvd releases...etc.). Still knowing that going in, i liked it. The new pirate ship float was very cool. This is the new float everyone was talking about earlier this season....it looks good! It will be interesting to see what they do with it.

I enjoyed the opening number a lot...full of energy and a great way to kick off the show. I had no clue who all those "celebs" were supposed to be ( AI i guess...i rarely watch tv so have'nt a clue) but regardless i liked the production. Nobody does it like Disney.

I can't stand Regis and his partner there..whatshername. WHY do they have them host when it is more then obvious they don't give a mouse's tush what is going on ??? I would think they would want to have someone who is genuinely excited and is good at expressing that to a tv camera. Rege and his co-host brought the potential excitement level down several notches. I think Disney should drop them and have new co-hosts next year. It's not like they can't afford anyone!

The snippets that covered the current park projects under construction ( Cinderella's Suite, Nemo Subs in CA, Laugh Floor, etc.) were short but sweet. Always love seeing these peeks. I also liked the usual coverage they did on the recent attraction additions, exspecially the new Seas segment ( with Crush) and a behind the scenes type clip of the new Nemo Musical.

LOVED the new Park ads! I freaked when they ran it ...what a GREAT ad! You can tell they know what us hard core fans like...the dog from POTC getting his key and the Ghosts checking in for a days work were AWESOME!! Hope to see more ads in the future like this...maybe one with some Epcot related bits? Can you imagine seeing Figment arriving for work??

Did anyone catch the little nod at the Disney CM's during the show? It was hard to know for sure if it was to actually salute them, or to think you were watching the latest CM recruitment/job fair video. If it was the latter, it worked big time. I wanted to sign up for a job immediately!!

Most of the song numbers i did'nt care for. I did enjoy the Princess section of the show...very cute seeing the kids dancing dressed up.

I liked the High School Musical segment VERY much. I know nothing about this show ( remember...i don't watch tv usually..) but wow, what a exciting and fun number! It was a great song to ( theme to the show they had noted) and it was great. If the show is as fun and exciting as that was, i can see why it is popular with the tween set.

The segments from Disneyland were good too.....nice seeing them showcase the Parade of Dreams there. Very cool. I freaked out when i saw Stitch was in Santa's sleigh at the parade's end ( in DL) and immediately thought of all the serious Stitch-Haters here......i was thinking about how all heck was probably going to break loose, but surprisingly i think i am the first one to post about it!

So all in all, a nice 2 hour escape back to the Magic Kingdoms

PKD

Well, my take, from another post...

To add to that, We got let in at 8:30 with still no instructions, found a spot and waited. The parade began taping at about 9:45. By 12:00 they were not even a quarter of the way done (they were to the princesses new float) and I decided I couldn't take it anymore and went into MK. MK was packed with all the other people let in for free for the parade, so I went to AK.
I work in the video production field, and I understand why it was taking so long, but for the parade you are not treated like a Disney guest, but instead getting ordered around as television extras that deserve a salary!
It was a long hard, non fun day for me.

I was at DL's last year when they filmed it in Mid Nov. It wasn't as bad as your WDW experiance. It was more like a pep rally style, however they only had a hand full of people and stuffed everyone in the small area of the hub near the Matterhorn/Tomorrowland. I guess they wanted it to look like a lot of people where there. They kept taping over and over so theyw uld have the floats circle the hub several times in a row while the loop played and they just filmed us. Seacrest was as BORING in person as he was on tv

PKD

what nod to CMs are you talking about? i still have it recorded - i want to check it out...

Josh, there was one section that had several CM's saying how "great" their job is and how they feel they really give that magic touch to each guest. It was a cute five minute tribute if you will. One of the CM's was about to tear up while talking.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Josh, there was one section that had several CM's saying how "great" their job is and how they feel they really give that magic touch to each guest. It was a cute five minute tribute if you will. One of the CM's was about to tear up while talking.

I saw that too and thought that it was pretty classy. Then in the same thought, are those really CMs? *shrugs*

JimboJones123

I thought the CM thing was the best part too. Bringing more value to the parks than anything else. Why did Kelly look like one of the pirates in the moonlight?

JimboJones123

I remember when this parade was LIVE and the show focused more on the actual parade, instead of plugging everything new in the parks or on video. It was nice! It always drove me happily mad when during the live broadcasts they would periodically flash the temperture in the corner of the screen....like we need to know how NICE AND WARM it is! Haa!!!

I watched it this year on ABC, the first time in about 6 years. I liked it as it gave me a Disney buzz and helped get me even more pumped about heading back down to the Orlando area in about a week. The parade showing is still nothing more then a 2 hour ad for the Disney Parks and all the products being touted by the company now ( from movies to new dvd releases...etc.). Still knowing that going in, i liked it. The new pirate ship float was very cool. This is the new float everyone was talking about earlier this season....it looks good! It will be interesting to see what they do with it.

I enjoyed the opening number a lot...full of energy and a great way to kick off the show. I had no clue who all those "celebs" were supposed to be ( AI i guess...i rarely watch tv so have'nt a clue) but regardless i liked the production. Nobody does it like Disney.

I can't stand Regis and his partner there..whatshername. WHY do they have them host when it is more then obvious they don't give a mouse's tush what is going on ??? I would think they would want to have someone who is genuinely excited and is good at expressing that to a tv camera. Rege and his co-host brought the potential excitement level down several notches. I think Disney should drop them and have new co-hosts next year. It's not like they can't afford anyone!

The snippets that covered the current park projects under construction ( Cinderella's Suite, Nemo Subs in CA, Laugh Floor, etc.) were short but sweet. Always love seeing these peeks. I also liked the usual coverage they did on the recent attraction additions, exspecially the new Seas segment ( with Crush) and a behind the scenes type clip of the new Nemo Musical.

LOVED the new Park ads! I freaked when they ran it ...what a GREAT ad! You can tell they know what us hard core fans like...the dog from POTC getting his key and the Ghosts checking in for a days work were AWESOME!! Hope to see more ads in the future like this...maybe one with some Epcot related bits? Can you imagine seeing Figment arriving for work??

Did anyone catch the little nod at the Disney CM's during the show? It was hard to know for sure if it was to actually salute them, or to think you were watching the latest CM recruitment/job fair video. If it was the latter, it worked big time. I wanted to sign up for a job immediately!!

Most of the song numbers i did'nt care for. I did enjoy the Princess section of the show...very cute seeing the kids dancing dressed up.

I liked the High School Musical segment VERY much. I know nothing about this show ( remember...i don't watch tv usually..) but wow, what a exciting and fun number! It was a great song to ( theme to the show they had noted) and it was great. If the show is as fun and exciting as that was, i can see why it is popular with the tween set.

The segments from Disneyland were good too.....nice seeing them showcase the Parade of Dreams there. Very cool. I freaked out when i saw Stitch was in Santa's sleigh at the parade's end ( in DL) and immediately thought of all the serious Stitch-Haters here......i was thinking about how all heck was probably going to break loose, but surprisingly i think i am the first one to post about it!

So all in all, a nice 2 hour escape back to the Magic Kingdoms
Fig, can you change your location, it's messing up your post, I'd really like to read it, but I hate Pan and Scan.

St205

A commercial within a commercial...really. I changed the channel after Beyonce,it was just chock-full of product(or ride?) placement,that even the Macy's parade can't beat that.

They KILLED Disneyland with Ryan Suck,I mean,Seacrest. He should be hanged for even talking. :brick:

Blizz

Ok... to all of you who keep saying "it is a giant ad" DING! DING! thats correct.

The parade is paid for by Disney marketing, so what else would it be? Same with Macy's, same with the other Disney parades around the country, etc...
They are to market products and services.

You still get excited and watch it, so please, move on already!

As for the show, I loved the Disney Parks spot, a good job goes out to whoever produced that ad.

The rest of the parade was great and I look forward to seeing how they plan to make it better next year.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
People are always complaining about Regis....

I don't think that Disney needs a "name" or "names" to host the parade. They don't need "names" for the planning videos!

Get the same people that host the planning videos for the next year to host the Christmas parade. Now that's synergy! :wave:

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
They should have some of the Streetmosphere actors from the studios host it. I could see it now, the Disney Christmas Day Parade hosted by Boss Goobleman. :lol:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
They should have some of the Streetmosphere actors from the studios host it. I could see it now, the Disney Christmas Day Parade hosted by Boss Goobleman. :lol:

Actually getting some of WDW's actors to host the parade is a very good idea! :sohappy:

tink rules

I didn't watch it this year.

Felt too much like it's the same parade as the last few years... recycled...

Sure a few different guests... Beyonce unstead of Mariah... but with the same hosts, the same parade and Disneyland also...it's seems too much the same old thing...

We need something new.

(and I guess maybe I'm old:lookaroun ) (not really) but I really don't get all the teenagers from all the shows etc... double promotion, I guess??? It's not appealing to me and I'm the one that spends top dollar to go to the resort...

I liked it better when it was alive... so it rained a bit... it's better than having it canned the same old every year.... Actually, Regis could bite the big one and they will still have him as host in 25 years!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

paul436

I would like to see two new hosts ,Kelly and Regis both seemed like they were just there becuose they had to.They did'nt seem to be enjoying it at all .What does everyone else think ?

After a few years, it makes sense to get new hosts so as to keep it "fresh" both for the audience AND the hosts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom