Christmas Day Parade Taping 2010

kucarachi

Anyone know the day of the actual parade. We are planning a November Trip and it would be extra special if we could actually be there for the celebrity parade. Its our son's first trip and he would enjoy as much as we would seeing some of his favortie disney acts live!

Shelbykristin92

I emailed lightship entertainment. They said that they were doing it different this year, that they weren't giving out tickets? Does that sound right? They also said that you just have to pay for regular admission.. Has anyone heard anything else?

Upvote 0
here is the email address that you can send email to. They will send out group email as soon as the ticket info and the list of celeb's is released.
everythingwdw everythingwdw everythingwdw@gmail.com

Hey, Laura. Thanks. That's from my blog! I don't have anything yet and I've been pestering Disney. Just send me an email and I'll add you or anyone else to the list. Right now it looks like Disney changed how they're distributing tickets. Last year you could get them a lot earlier. No word on who's performing yet either.

Upvote 0

laura1977

A different company is handling the tickets this year, that is why its later. The tickets do not cost anything, but you still have to pay for ticket into the park.

Upvote 0
I emailed lightship entertainment. They said that they were doing it different this year, that they weren't giving out tickets? Does that sound right? They also said that you just have to pay for regular admission.. Has anyone heard anything else?

Shelby, I've heard all kinds of rumors. The latest one is that it's a passholder event. Take that with a grain of salt, though.

Upvote 0

laura1977

We are actually trying to decide if we want to go later in December because now everyone knows about our quiet time at Disney the beginning of Dec. Right now reservations are 2-12 of Dec. which is when we always go..... we would move them to 13-23 of December. decisions decisions decisions.

Upvote 0

Shelbykristin92

Shelby, I've heard all kinds of rumors. The latest one is that it's a passholder event. Take that with a grain of salt, though.

Ok, my Dad is a cast member, do you think they are going to let them in this year? Or give out tickets? I know when I went in 2006 we got them through him being a cast member, but they have changed that since then. :)

Upvote 0
I am confused!! lol...I have not been in early December since 2001. Back then you could just go to MK and see the parade being taped, no extra ticket required. What is all the talk about needing a ticket, which is free from what I understand? Do you need this extra free ticket in order to get into the park on Dec. 3 or whenever the taping is taking place? My family and I will be there from Dec 2-11 and were planning on spending the day at MK the 3rd and we have tickets to MVMCP that night also. Will we be able to get into the park that day without that free ticket? We really do not need to watch the taping. Our daughters (5&7) would rather rides the rides than stand around watching the taping. Thanks in advance for any info!! :xmas:

Upvote 0
If you're worried about crowd levels in the rest of the Magic Kingdom that day, the guys from Touring Plans have said the parade doesn't actually affect wait times for attractions. It will be difficult to get in and out of the park however, but cast members will likely be taking people on short cuts backstage (I believe past Tony's and out through Tomorrowland Terrace).

Here's some information on the dates but nothing yet on who's performing and when you can get tickets: http://www.chipandco.com/2010/11/disneys-2010-christmas-day-parade-ticket-event-info/

Upvote 0

Stevek

That's our last day at WDW and we plan on being at MK that day...let's hope touring plans is right and lines aren't too bad. I can deal with crowds getting in and out.

Upvote 0
Can someone email me as soon as you guys hear anything about the tickets? I work 60 hrs a week and can rarely check my email lol. I know my daughter who is disabled would love love love to go!!!!!

mrsjenniferparris@yahoo.com

Jennifer, I got your email. I also checked to see what kind of accomodations they provide for people with disabilities (doesn't seem like they have a separate area for wheelchairs, etc? Maybe someone else knows?). There's no news yet, but I'll keep you posted.

Upvote 0
I was not worried about the wait times for rides. I had read that most people watch the parade taping and the lines are not bad for the rides. I just don't understand what this ticket is for the parade taping. Do you need it in order to watch the taping? Do we need it to just get into the park that day? Can we get into the park without this special ticket and just our regular admission? Back in 2001 and earlier there was never a need for a special ticket that I was aware of. Prior to having children I used to go in early December every year. Now we are going back this year for the Holiday season and I am concerned about the parade taping ticket everyone is talking about. Do I need to try and get them for us if we want to go to the Magic Kingdom that day? Thanks for any help!

Upvote 0

njroots

Magic Kingdom

If you plan on visiting the Magic Kingdom on 12/3, 12/4, or 12/5 the park will be crowded especially on Saturday 12/4. I would recomend to go to another park on Saturday 12/4.
Every year the first weekend of December Disney tapes the parade for TV showing on December 25. What people are talking about free tickets in previous years you signed up to be EXTRAS for the taping. You received a voucher which let you in the park at a specific time (700 am) when you were done you could stay all day. Every year that do something different. Sometimes all passholders will be let in early.
If you go the parks just go just like any other day and remember that Magic Kingdom will be crowded that weekend. I hope this helps.

Caryn

Upvote 0
That helps a lot! Thank you. I was not sure what the tickets were all about. We don't need to be extras. We may just have to avoid the park on the 3rd. until around 4pm. I would assume they will be long gone before MVMCP begins. We have tickets for that night. Thanks again!! :xmas:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom