Christmas Day Parade Taping 2010

kucarachi

Anyone know the day of the actual parade. We are planning a November Trip and it would be extra special if we could actually be there for the celebrity parade. Its our son's first trip and he would enjoy as much as we would seeing some of his favortie disney acts live!

kap91

Usually it's taped the first Friday, Saturday, and Sunday of December. It isn't done as a full parade though really, it's taped in sections and parts all day long and getting around mainstreet and frontierland can be a nightmare. Otherwise it's fairly enjoyable though.

Upvote 0

spear

If you are planning anything, plan to avoid the taping at MK at all cost. It is a painful experience entering the park. We have been at DW for the past 6 years during that weekend. However, it only took 1 time to realize that we needed to plan our trip to avoid MK all day Friday and at least Saturday moring.

Upvote 0

yensid67

I would like to also attend part of the taping. Does anyone know when it is announced? I am there 11/19 through 12/5

SamnDawn...
Do you have a death wish!? LOL The MK parade taping is a total waste of time if you think you will be able to enjoy the park and be part of the taping. I know you have to get/buy a special ticket for it and then basically wait, wait, wait around until the cameras get the right angles and shots.
If you have ever made a commercial or watched a movie being filmed, then this will be a piece of cake, BUT if you thik you are just going to be able to go and be there for part of a day, you are wrong! You will endue the same float coming down main street, the same song being sung over and over again! It is a rough day just to watch!
But if you are into seeing how things are done to make a TV show, then this will be good for you! Like the other post says it is horrible trying to get around MK during taping!
BUT, according to years past, they film the parade the first Friday, thru Sunday weekend of December, so according to your dates you will be there for it! God help You!:ROFLOL:The best bet if you want to know any information is to call Disney direct and tell them what you want to do and they will direct you from there. I know you get wonderful advice from others on here, but in the end you will have to get in touch with Disney anyways, so might as well do it first!
I hope you have a wonderful time, you are more courageous than me and I have filmed commercials and been in TV shows!

Will
:wave: from PA!!!!

Upvote 0
You can expect the actual parade to be taped on Saturday December 4th. The 'talent' portions of the special, in other words the celebrity song portions that usually take place in front of the castle will be taped on the Thursday, December 2nd and Friday December 3rd.

All of this is weather permitting of course. We were there this past December and it absolutely POURED rain on the Thursday that they were supposed to tape so they moved everyone (except Celine Dion who they moved to GF) to the Friday and everyone they were supposed to tape on Friday to Saturday and moved the taping of the actual parade to Sunday.

Upvote 0

tink@heart

The crowds in 2009 weren't too terrible, I'm assuming due to the rain. We were "lucky" enough to catch the Jonas Brothers at MK entrance at the train station. My kids were extremely impressed. We were prepared to line the streets for the taping. Wear festive colors, hats, etc. if you want to be a part of the fun too! Tis the season.

Upvote 0

SamnDawn060304

You can expect the actual parade to be taped on Saturday December 4th. The 'talent' portions of the special, in other words the celebrity song portions that usually take place in front of the castle will be taped on the Thursday, December 2nd and Friday December 3rd.

All of this is weather permitting of course. We were there this past December and it absolutely POURED rain on the Thursday that they were supposed to tape so they moved everyone (except Celine Dion who they moved to GF) to the Friday and everyone they were supposed to tape on Friday to Saturday and moved the taping of the actual parade to Sunday.

Do you have to sign up for it?

Upvote 0

RiversideBunny

They block off Main Street but keep lanes open so people who aren't watching the filming of the parade can get by.
Most people watch for 30 - 60 mins. and then move on into the park.
The reason is that it gets boring. They sort of send one float, or dance group, at a time down the street and there is a lot of down time between floats. It is in no way done like what you see on Christmas Day on television.

The stage performances, like in front of the castle, are done separately and the front area of the castle is taken up by lighting apparatus and camera crews. I managed to get a shot of Hannah Montana only by using extreme zoom on the camera and leaning against a railing.

In summary- it's interesting to see how they do it but don't expect an thrilling time of magic and celebrities. Good luck.
:)

Upvote 0

Dads 2 Boys

We were there (unplanned) last year and it was just not as fun when it's not going on. It wasn't horrible but the tree wasn't there nor was the Walt and Mickey statue. IMO, it made spending quality time at MK more difficult.

I will definitely avoid MK that day going forward. Also if it rains on the taping day (which it did last year), it extends how long those things are gone.

Upvote 0

laura1977

We were there last year for the taping. The best part of it was the fact that we were at Grand Flo when Celine Dion was singing. That was the day it rained, and they had to move everything in the Grand Flo. Her voice was so nice to hear there. BUT very very crowded to say the least. Grand Flo actually ran out of carb. drinks and had to start serving canned softdrinks to people.:xmas:
Other then that we did not participate in the tapping because honestly its just boring.
Its neat to be down there when they are doing it though because you get to see what really happens.
Rooms are booking up fast during that time period. Don't worry though I discovered that alot of the rooms are people that are in the crews. We stayed at Beach Club last year and everyone around us were crew members staying there.

Upvote 0

BellaBoo

2010 Christmas Parade Taping

Does anyone know how the tickets will be handled for the Christmas Parade taping this year. Last year it got confusing because it was usually handled by TV Audiences and then it was announced to the public in the newspaper I think?

Upvote 0

mama2emi

I am stalking the passholder sites since that is how I got our passes last year. If you were there for Celine Dion you might remember the EMTs that where rushed up to the 4th floor? Yep... I was 3 days past due and my water broke! The security standing nearby panicked instead of just helping to clear a little path so I could get to the bathroom and then to the car. I am local, my hospital was 5 minutes away!

Upvote 0

lowell

Tickets for taping

I have been looking everywhere for the link to register for tickets for the taping. I can not seem to find it anywhere. Is it not available yet?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom