Christmas Castle lights

elabron

Original Poster
The new fiber optic lights on Cindy's Castle were tested last night after park hours. I got it on video and will post in a day or two.

Looked awesome from the Poly.

WDWKat26

I was in the park last night for Christmas rehearsals, and when the castle lit up, my mouth dropped! I couldn't believe how great it looked, and I can't wait to see it. During the daytime it doesn't look too bad, and I think it'll be a hit with everyone :)

YankeeMouse

Can't wait for the post. 22 days till we go!! It was beautiful last year, I can just imagine how magical it will be with the new lights!

ISTCrew20

It really does look fantastic. The lights are very bright, and look great with the light blue castle. There are also quite a few of the lights that 'twinkle'.

I'm excited for the lights and new the Dreamlights show, but I am even more excited to see how they incorporated into Hoiliday Wishes and the nighttime showings of Celebrate the Season.

When I saw them, however, it didn't strike me as a snow covered castle. It looked like the castle decorated for Christmas. I think Disneyland's will look more more 'snow covered' and less 'decorated'.

jrh1985

It really does look fantastic. The lights are very bright, and look great with the light blue castle. There are also quite a few of the lights that 'twinkle'.

I'm excited for the lights and new the Dreamlights show, but I am even more excited to see how they incorporated into Hoiliday Wishes and the nighttime showings of Celebrate the Season.

When I saw them, however, it didn't strike me as a snow covered castle. It looked like the castle decorated for Christmas. I think Disneyland's will look more more 'snow covered' and less 'decorated'.

And if they do the lights every night, I wonder if they will incorporate it into evening showings of Dream Along and the regular Wishes.

chinitopoop

does anyone know when they'll start using them during park hours? not after hours? i'm going this weekend and i would love to see them in person

WDWKat26

You can't really see them during park hours. It's like turning on a light in the daytime, doesn't really have the same "ooh" effect. And, ISTC, it looks more like icicles hanging off of the castle, not really snow.

We just bought our tickets for the MVMCP for the 15th of Nov...I am hoping they will be lit for that party...I am soooo excited to be able to go , we have only ever done the MNSSHP before. I will post pics upon our return, if they come out good.

chinitopoop

You can't really see them during park hours. It's like turning on a light in the daytime, doesn't really have the same "ooh" effect. And, ISTC, it looks more like icicles hanging off of the castle, not really snow.

I didnt mean during the daytime, it would be dumb if they were to turn them on while it was still daylight out, i meant during park hours at night so that guests within the park could see them, not just guests staying at one of the monorail resorts after hours, Let me rephrase the question, when will they stop testing them and actually start using them?

mickey04

I was able to see it last night as well and I was floored. The lights look absolutely amazing! :D

Unfortunately I think this is gonna be the type of thing where pictures just won't do it justice, you really have to see it in person.

We just bought our tickets for the MVMCP for the 15th of Nov...I am hoping they will be lit for that party...I am soooo excited to be able to go , we have only ever done the MNSSHP before. I will post pics upon our return, if they come out good.

They will definatly be on for Mickeys Very Merry Christmas Party.

terp79

Lights....

This photo was posted on disney blog a few days back. Don't know if it's been posted here or not. Thought I'd post instead of linking it. Hope no one minds.

1820545659_3d89419549.jpg

Boray

So do we know if they'll be turning on the lights EVERY evening, or only for MVMCP? I'll be there 11/25-11/30 and will not be attending MVMCP and I'd really like to see them. :xmas:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom