Christmas Carol Train

njDizFan

Original Poster
Has anybody seen or plan on seeing the Disney Christmas Carol train tour?

It is coming to NYC around halloween, and I am thinking about getting over to Times Square to take a look.

Although I am pretty close to New York, I don't want to take a special trip in if it's not really worth the effort.

Any thoughts?

PotteryGal

Has anybody seen or plan on seeing the Disney Christmas Carol train tour?

It is coming to NYC around halloween, and I am thinking about getting over to Times Square to take a look.

Although I am pretty close to New York, I don't want to take a special trip in if it's not really worth the effort.

Any thoughts?

My daughter went with her class when it came to Cleveland and really enjoyed going through it. She took a few pics - they have models of some of the set pieces and clay sculptures and artwork of the characters. They also have a motion capture area that explains how they worked with the actors to get the facial expressions they wanted. They also have a theater area that they show a couple of clips of the film. I honestly wish I could have gone with her - it sounded like it was wonderful.

I did go see it, and it was great, but if you really want to get in to see it, I would get there like maybe four hours before it arrives. I was there at 7 am on the one day it was here, the train arrived at 9am and I waited in line for three hours to see it, finally getting in around 12:30 to see it. I got there at seven and waited that long to get in.

njDizFan

Original Poster
Yikes, 5 hours plus to get in??!!, I may have to re-think this idea.

But it does sound really cool...

Robin_Hood

We saw the train in Seattle this summer. Wait times was less than five minutes. My wife and girls (9 & 11) really enjoyed it. We saw pictures and costumes from the sets, presentations on how the computer animation was done, and more. Our favorite part was morphing photos of ourselves into the movie characters. There is also a ten minute preview of the film (in 3-D, as the movie will be). We are all very excited to see the movie in November.

fredrickr

We went to see it here at Greenfield Village in Dearborn. The wait time was about an hour and a half, but later in the day it was up to 3 hours. WE spent about 20-25 minutes checking out the exhibits on the train. The picture morphing area is what really slows down the line. A family of 4 could easily spend 15 or 20 minutes playing around in there. Just don't expect to get the email that your morphed pic are ready quickly. We were there on 9/6 and I just just the email on 9/25 that the pics were available to view. Since Walmart is the sponsor of the morphing exhibit, you have to sign up for Walmart's website to view the pics.

RonAnnArbor

Also saw it at the Henry Ford in Dearborn, MI -- early in the morning there was no line -- later in the day, it was about 2 hours long...glad I saw it early in the morning. It is okay for what it is. If you see a line of an hour or more, it's not worth it -- it's basically advertising for the movie. If you have a shorter line, it's interesting and fun -- but remember, this is 100% advertising, so you better be prepared to take the kids to the movie once it opens as well as just the train.

Henry Ford and Walt Disney had a long close friendship, so it was nice to see that the train stopped in Dearborn...in fact, Disney modeled both the train around the perimeter of the park as well as the paddlewheel steamer around the lagoon from Greenfield Village.

It was no surprise that the pre-museum opening in the Presidio of the Disney Museum was first previewed (and partially prepared by) the historians at The Henry Ford Museum here in Dearborn a few years ago.

Dave Disney

I saw it in Boston last weekend it we got there a little after it opened had about a half hour wait. I liked it a lot thought it was fun and had some great interactive pieces and cool behind scenes look at the making of the movie. There was no wait at all for the Movie afterwards and that was awesome as well!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom