Choosing a resort

Jakesky40

Original Poster
Hi everyone, will be coming down for a week in late august but am currently being indecisive about which resort to stay at. Between the Wilderness lodge and the Yacht Club resort. Thoughts opinions??

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
If it's Summer, Yacht Club. If it's Winter, Wilderness Lodge -- especially around Christmas.
I favor Epcot and have always loved walking the boardwalk, Wilderness lodge is cheaper and really just not sure if the Yacht club is a worth it
I think it is, but you can try the Beach Club if you don't like the Yacht Club.

disneydaughter96

Personally, I favor the access spots from Yacht Club. The resort itself is nice, as well as the rooms. But the best perk of the resort is the location and excitement from the whole boardwalk scene. Wilderness Lodge is beautiful, but having to take the boat or bus to access parks and monorail makes me hesitant. There are also definite hidden gems over at Yacht Club (bar and restaurant).

rob0519

The WL is kind of isolated, which can be a selling point, if you're looking for a quiet stay. The YC has much more in the general vicinity, much of which is walkable. If price is not an issue I would pick the YC. If you choose the WL simply based on price, you can't go wrong. either way, have a magical trip.

LeighM

I would stay at Yacht Club to be within walking distance to Epcot and HS. I think the Food & Wine Festival starts at the end of August this year but not sure of the dates.

Jakesky40

Original Poster
Thank you everyone for your input! Going with Y.C ! One question on it though, I know the rooms are being refurbished currently, is there a timeline for that?
We have a garden view room now.

correcaminos

Thank you everyone for your input! Going with Y.C ! One question on it though, I know the rooms are being refurbished currently, is there a timeline for that?
Last I heard it is until fall of this year. They were well underway last month from what we could see.

mdubm

5th floor is complete, for sure. Not sure exactly where they're at on other floors, but I would assume almost done by time of your stay.

mdubm

Also WL is undergoing mass refurb which will be close to concluding during your stay as well. So both are under construction, but YC is less invasive.

LAM378

@Jakesky40, you might want to check out this thread about everything that's going on with the YC lobby: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/yacht-club-enhancements.925256/#post-7617888
(I'm sorry if that didn't link correctly!).

I don't know how much that all matters for you. YC is my favorite place on Earth, let alone the World. That said, I'm kind of glad my family opted for the Beach Club over Yacht for our trip next month, because it sounds like there's gonna be a LOT going on in the YC lobby.

However, they should be pretty far along with the room refurbishments by August, which ups your chances of getting a brand new room. If room refurbs are still ongoing, I doubt they would be noticeable at all. Have a great trip!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom