Choosing a Park Help!

karan1981

Original Poster
Hi, new to forum here.

We are planning to visit orlando for a 5 day with our 6 yr old son. We plan to cover 2 parks, where we have decided as Magic kingdom as the first one but we are still undecided on the second park. We want to choose b/w either Animal Kingdom or Hollywood Studios. Would appreciate your inputs on which would be a better one considering my 6yr old. Thanks

JIMINYCR

Which park would be best decided by what your child would be more interested in. My DS at that age was enthralled by animals so AK would be for him. But later on he was a huge SW fan and started wanting to do more thrilling attractions so then ToT, RnRC and the ST attractions were what made him want more of DHS. You should look at what each park offers and discuss with him what most would be better to spend the time on. Both parks have something to offer, so what’s going to give one the nod over the other will differ for families.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Hi, new to forum here.

We are planning to visit orlando for a 5 day with our 6 yr old son. We plan to cover 2 parks, where we have decided as Magic kingdom as the first one but we are still undecided on the second park. We want to choose b/w either Animal Kingdom or Hollywood Studios. Would appreciate your inputs on which would be a better one considering my 6yr old. Thanks
Welcome!

Without knowing specifics about your interests, I would say that generally Studios would be the best option.

JohnD

As you can see Epcot is at the bottom of everyone's list. Looks like a toss up between Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom. That comes down to the kid's interests. My personal choice would be AK because of the animals (Safari, three main walking trails, Rafiki) and shows (Lion King, Nemo, Bird Show). But HS does have kid friendly rides (Mickey&Minnie, Slinky Dog, Alien Saucers, Toy Story). Good luck!

JusticeDisney

Welcome to the forum! I agree with what has been said above, in that generally speaking I would think that Hollywood Studios might be the better option for your son.

Whatever you end up deciding, I hope you guys have the best time!

LittleMerman

I would go with AK. There isn't a ton to do for little ones in HS and at least at AK you can look at animals. Really comes down to animals vs. Star Wars & Toy Story. But even if your 6 year old is into those IPs, there's not much for them to actually do there besides enjoy the lands and eat.

Club Cooloholic

Hi, new to forum here.

Do you have 5 days at WDW or plan to just spend 2 days in parks? If you have 5 days why not do both?
That said I kean to HS just because walking around the star wars area is so cool.

JohnD

That's because the OP said it wasn't an option - it was between DAK and DHS. I'm a big fan of Epcot, even for kids.
Yeah, I think I figured that out. That was my point anyway. The OP knew it. I knew it. The responses drove that point home.

NickMaio

Hi, new to forum here.

Hollywood....hands down.
Slinky is perfect for a 6 yr old.
Lots of rides.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom