Choices for quick serve when your over burgers and chicken?

Jon81uk

The best thing about WDW is there is only 1 burger and chicken strips restaurant in each park, and even those have other options. In the MK it's Cosmic Rays, in Epcot it's the Electric Umbrella, in HS it's the Backlot Express and in AK it's Restaurantosaurus. Every other full counter service restaurant is going to have much more than burgers and nuggets.
Technically Hollywood Studios has three places with burgers as Backlot Express, ABC Commissary and Rosie's All-American offer them. But at least at ABC there are plenty of other interesting options such as BBQ ribs. This is also why until Galaxy's Edge opened it probably was the worst park for QS as it lacked anything truly different.

bsiev1977

First of all, the "and go!" command is super obnoxious. I don't need to be ordered around. Second, literally every single QS in WDW has options other than burgers and chicken, so the question makes no sense. The answer is literally anywhere.
Seriously? You’re offended by “and go”?

The OP asked for people’s favorite non burger or chicken options. What doesn’t make sense about that?

Last edited:

davictim

There are many choices in the respective Parks, as the previous posters have listed. These are my personal favs:
MK: Columbia Harbor House (Tuna sammy for me)
EP: Tangierine Cafe (Chicken and Lamb Shawarma Platter), Sunshine Seasons (Many choices)
DHS: ABC Commissary (BBQ Rib Platter)
AK: Flame Tree BBQ (Ribs, Chicken and Pulled Pork Sampler)

Simba’s Mom

I went to WDW about 15-20 times before I ever had a burger or chicken there. Sunshine Seasons, Lotus Blossum Cafe, Yak and Yeti QS, Pizzafari, Columbia Harbour House, Tortula Tavern, the MexicanQS (can't remember the name), and many others have non-burger options.

Mainahman

Original Poster
Thanks all I got a quick list to share with the kiddos we're taking so they can pick places they like. My wife and I know what we like, and it's not burger and fries, but kids are much different, so our usual haunts won't work.

nickys

Premium Member
Don’t think anyone has yet mentioned Les Halles in the France pavilion.

Also outside the parks, the Contempo Cafe @ Contemporary and Captain Cooks @poly are near to MK. The Mara @AKL has some good choices although not quite so convenient.

And IIRC the new / re-done QS at CBR has some good reviews, which would be a gondola ride away from Epcot.

John park hopper

Yorkshire Fish Shop in Epcot had great fried fish and french fries. I usually I am leery of getting fish but this was very good cooked right then and there, nice area to sit and eat.

awoogala

Boulangerie in France has some great little dishes- small sandwiches, croque monsieur, etc. (EPCOT)
Tangierine cafe has good falafel/lentil salad platters (EPCOT)
Sunshine seasons for a wide variety of choices, though some are hit or miss (EPCOT)
People who like Hot dogs are usually crazy for Casey's in MK
AK - satuli is pretty good
HS- nope. I've never had a q.s. meal there that didn't feel like a waste, personally. We usually just run to the Boardwalk or EPCOT to eat, I don't really like any of the food in HS (including the TS)

Goofyque'

Do you have the WDW app on your phone? You can filter QS in each park and look at the menus. We have been going to WDW over 40 years and have never had a burger or chicken strips.
Some of our favorites-
MK Columbia Harbor House, Pecos Bills
Epcot Every where in World showcase, Sunshine Seasons
DHS Fairfax Fare- Layered rice bowls, and Mexican food
AK Satulii, Y&Y, Harambe Market

Mainahman

Original Poster
Thanks all i have gotten my list together, This is all part of my surprise your going to disney surprise box were sending the 2 that are going. Things to get their minds moving. Some of these i knew of, others i learned something.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom