Choices for quick serve when your over burgers and chicken?

Mainahman

Original Poster
Just got back from a quick 2 park days and booked the next one to give my oldest neice and nephew thier first trip to WDW ever! Now here comes the question. We will have dining this time as it's the bounce back offer, so what's your favorite quick service locations when you don't want chicken strips or a burger and fries? And go!

Mainahman

Original Poster
I tend to actively avoid burgers and chicken tenders while on vacation. I have to say that I’ve never been at a loss for other options at WDW.
Me either! I'm trying to compile a list to share with my 13 and 17 year old nephew and niece were taking on thier first trip in July. Trying to stay kid friendly, but not kill them with burgers and chicken every meal

Gaston's gal

Flame Tree BBQ in AK is the BOMB!!! SO GOOD!
Woody's Lunch Box in HS has a delicious BBQ Brisket Melt, Smoked Turkey Sandwich & Grilled Three-Cheese Sandwich that are all awesome.
Columbia Harbour House in MK has a Lobster Roll, Grilled Shrimp Skewer, Grilled Salmon & a Tuna Sandwich that are all worth the stop. Pesos Bills in MK has some Fajitas & Tacos that are also great.
Anything in the World Showcase at Epcot is a delicious choice.
Enjoy!

Jon81uk

Other than at Hollywood studios it can actually be hard to find somewhere offering burgers, the other parks only have one or two places with burgers anyway so there are lots of other options.

jaklgreen

I tend to actively avoid burgers and chicken tenders while on vacation. I have to say that I’ve never been at a loss for other options at WDW.

Same here. I don't think that I have ever had a burger or chicken tender on all of my trips in over 20 years. Epcot is very easy to find something. Our favorite is Tangierine Cafe. At MK, I usually get either the Greek Salad or Pecos Bill. AK has a huge variety of food that are not burgers/nuggets. The sausage at Harambe Market is really good. I don't usually go to HS and if I do it is for only a few rides then head on over to Epcot to eat.

jaklgreen

Me either! I'm trying to compile a list to share with my 13 and 17 year old nephew and niece were taking on thier first trip in July. Trying to stay kid friendly, but not kill them with burgers and chicken every meal

Maybe go over menus with them ahead of time to see what they are interested in. My kids eat pretty much everything and are up for trying anything I put down in front of them. Make it a food adventure. Have fun.

Weather_Lady

CS has a bit of everything -- I haven't ordered a burger at WDW in probably 10 years (unless you count the black bean burgers available at some locations), nor have we even had the same genre of CS food twice in one trip. At the same time, it's not like the food is so "out there" that a typical teen (assuming mine are typical, anyway - that might be a stretch!) can't find something they like on the menu.

E.g., a week-long trip for my family would include meals at a few of these CS favorites of ours: Pecos Bill (MK, Tex-Mex tacos and fajitas); Tangierine Cafe (Epcot's Morocco, shawarma platters - that is, roasted meats - with tabbouleh and baklava); Columbia Harbor House (MK, fried seafood platters, chicken pot pie and lobster rolls); Yak & Yeti CS (AK, sesame chicken, Asian wraps and salads, egg rolls); Flame Tree BBQ (AK, chicken and ribs); Sunshine Seasons (Epcot, fresh salads, noodle bowls, hot and cold sandwiches); Yorkshire County Fish Shoppe (Epcot's GB, fish 'n chips); and Sommerfest (Epcot's Germany, bratwursts and sauerkraut). (A tip: we've never found CS pizza that was much good, but if you go to Via Napoli, a TS in Epcot, and just order a big pizza to share, you won't spend any more for the meal+tip than you would at a typical CS, and the pizza there is delicious.) That's not to say that nobody else in my family ever orders a burger or chicken tenders, but if they do, it's because that's what they want to eat, and not because they're lacking other choices.

For a look at the vast CS variety available, and to search for specific items you know the kids enjoy (e.g., sushi, barbecue, nachos), the touringplans menu finder tool is a handy way to search all of the CS menus at once: https://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/dining/menus

Last edited:

Mickey5150

The best thing about WDW is there is only 1 burger and chicken strips restaurant in each park, and even those have other options. In the MK it's Cosmic Rays, in Epcot it's the Electric Umbrella, in HS it's the Backlot Express and in AK it's Restaurantosaurus. Every other full counter service restaurant is going to have much more than burgers and nuggets.

Mainahman

Original Poster
Thanks all! Will have to do some video chats with them. They are back home in Maine, so we will be flying them down to us here in the nashville area, and then drive them down and back, then fly them back home after.

First of all, the "and go!" command is super obnoxious. I don't need to be ordered around. Second, literally every single QS in WDW has options other than burgers and chicken, so the question makes no sense. The answer is literally anywhere.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom