"child swap" protocols

TalkToEthan

Original Poster
Any of you do this on regular basis and do you know the formal procedure?

And does Disney require 'habeas corpus' as proof to program the media allowing for lightning lane for 2 of the waiting party after normal queuing of course by one party member......... or can a paid child media suffice as proof.

TalkToEthan

Original Poster
No, but if one did that wouldn't work anyway as you need to scan into the park to activate media. Also, that would be cost prohibitive and ill advised

nickys

Premium Member
You approach a CM before anyone rides and ask for a child swap. The CM will add it to the magic band / ticket media for up to 2 people in the 2nd group.

You don’t have to redeem it immediately so the child in question may be nowhere near the ride when the first group have ridden.

TalkToEthan

Original Poster
GUARDIAN REWIND:
I see, because it looked like 2 adults in front of me and my little one who was too scared to ride got themselves swap but they did not produce the body. There was no child

TalkToEthan

Original Poster
You don’t have to redeem it immediately so the child in question may be nowhere near the ride when the first group have ridden.

But is the rule that one has to produce/bring forth the body of the nonrider(child) initially as some kind of proof?

nickys

Premium Member
GUARDIAN REWIND:
I see, because it looked like 2 adults in front of me and my little one who was too scared to ride got themselves swap but they did not produce the body. There was no child
Eh?

You’re not making much sense. What’s your child got to do with this?

The other couple could have been redeeming a child swap. In any case I wouldn’t start letting this get to you, you have no way of knowing the situation.

TalkToEthan

Original Poster
. What’s your child got to do with this?
Nothing other than showing that I was going through the process and was next in line observing how it works. But the two in front of me getting child swaps had no child with them.

So I'm wondering what official policy is regarding presenting child

nickys

Premium Member
Nothing other than showing that I was going through the process and was next in line observing how it works. But the two in front of me getting child swaps had no child with them.

So I'm wondering what official policy is regarding presenting child
Did you hear them asking for a child swap? The CMs could be dealing with all kinds of guest recovery issues.

I don’t work for Disney so I don’t know what they will allow. But since they must have had either a VQ or an ILL, the MDE app would also show a child in their party who had not got one and presumably another adult who had. Maybe that was enough?

I suggest you ask Guest Services to explain the procedure to you.

Pepper's Ghost

But is the rule that one has to produce/bring forth the body of the nonrider(child) initially as some kind of proof?
Overall this is an interesting question because I've never heard of it.

That said... "they did not produce the body"????? Isn't that a very, very weird way to refer to a person's living child or children? "the body"? And "one has to produce/bring forth the body"? I'm sorry. It's just a very weird way to talk about a living person. That's the way you'd refer to a deceased person. You used that term a couple of times. :oops:

Chi84

Premium Member
Overall this is an interesting question because I've never heard of it.

That said... "they did not produce the body"????? Isn't that a very, very weird way to refer to a person's living child or children? "the body"? And "one has to produce/bring forth the body"? I'm sorry. It's just a very weird way to talk about a living person. That's the way you'd refer to a deceased person. You used that term a couple of times. :oops:
Habeas corpus is a legal writ for inquiring into the lawfulness of holding someone in custody. He probably looked up the exact translation (something like “bring the body” or “show me the body”) and thought it sounded cooler than asking if you have to have the child with you for the swap.

Pepper's Ghost

Habeas corpus is a legal writ for inquiring into the lawfulness of holding someone in custody. He probably looked up the exact translation (something like “bring the body” or “show me the body”) and thought it sounded cooler than asking if you have to have the child with you for the swap.
I appreciate your response and assumption. I get the legal part of it, but who speaks about children as a body? Weird. 🤣 "Excuse me miss, but your little body is so well behaved waiting in line. You must be very proud." 😁 Pretty sure I'd get slapped. 🤣 Or punched by her husband.

SteamboatJoe

The whole point is they don’t wait n line.

You ask for a rider switch before joining the line. It’s Universal where you swap out just before riding.
Ah thanks for clarifying. I clearly have never done it before. I must've misunderstood what I read about it.

rct247

The way its supposed to work is that let's say you have a party of 5 with one child not tall enough to ride. We will call them Mom, Dad, Brother, Sister, & Baby.

Without Lightning Lane
Entire family approaches the entrance and asks about rider switch. Mom will wait with Baby. Mom can take 1 other person with her for a total of 2 on the rider switch. It's decided that Brother will get to ride twice. The CM scans Mom's ticket and Brother's ticket to issue the ride switch. The time to come back is based on the current standby wait and will not be active until Dad, Brother, and Sister get through the Standby line. They enter the standby line, ride, and exit. Mom and Brother can now enter the LL so that Mom doesn't have to wait that entire time over again to ride.

With Lightning Lane (Genie+, DAS, or Downtime Recovery)
The same scenario as above but everyone else has access to the Lightning Lane. The CM will only issue a rider switch to Brother as he will redeem his LL and not have it for the 2nd go around. Mom won't get a rider switch because she had her LL to use. The wait time for Brother will be reduced to match the wait in the LL.

Other Scenarios
If the tickets provided are not scanned into the park, it will produce and error for the CM and they would not issue.

The rider switch will be valid well after the waiting period, however if they try to go to another Attraction to collect another rider switch it will say they already have one and they would have to choose to keep it or overwrite it.

If part of the party has access to the LL and the others do not, the ones that do not will be asked to wait in the standby line. So if Mom and Sister have a Genie+ and they wanted to try to cheat the system. Dad and Brother will be asked to wait in the standby line and Mom will ride with Sister using their LL after they swap. No rider switch would be issued. If the family is insistent that Brother rides with Mom, they would have Brother use sisters LL or have Sister still wait in the SB with Dad and Brother, with the rider switch issued to Brother.

If Mom wants to ride with both Brother and Sister a rider switch can be provided to one of them, but Mom would have to join standby with the other. Rider switch is only good for 2 people.

People using rider switch don't necessarily have to be attractions with height requirements or will small children. A parent may request a rider switch at a no height requirement Attraction if their child is sleeping, fearful of riding, or has special needs. If the person is a capable of being on their own in the park and doesn't have special needs, i.e. an average adult, a rider switch would not be issues to a family of 5 adults. This is because the adult choosing not to ride is by choice and does not need supervision.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom