Child on Rip Ride Rockit

britlightyear

Original Poster
My 7 year old is just a little taller than the height requirement for Rip Ride Rockit and he says he wants to ride it but I am very nervous about the seats. I watched a video of the ride and it scares me that the ride just has the lap restraint not shoulder restraints and seeing as how the ride goes upside down this is a little unnerving. Has anyone taken a kid on this ride? How did the child like the ride? Or how do you feel the lap restraints work even with adults? The video I watched showed a fully grown man riding it and it looked as though he was holding himself into the seat (he had a death grip on the bars of the restraints).
I guess what I'm wondering is- would you take your child on this ride? Do you feel the lap bars are enough?

cheezbat

the Rockit does not go upside down. It does have a loop...but it's a non-inverting loop. Depending on how big he is he could ride if he meets the height requirement. It's still a pretty intense coaster.

Skip

If your child meets the height requirement for the ride, then he is completely safe on the ride (assuming he remains seated throughout the ride). The restraints safely keep one in the seat for all of the coaster's elements. The "loop" is noninverting, your vehicle rotates around the track and ends up on top of the loop rather than flipping upside down.

crazydaveh

The lap restraints are not small ones like on the Mind Bender at SFOG. They are mega lap bars (only real way to explain it with words). Like others have said, if he's tall enough, he should be fine.

The coaster is not a smooth one though and it is pretty rough on the body. He's young, he'll enjoy it!

jonnyc

They may just be lap bars but they are like a bear hug! If your child meets the height requirement there is a test seat outside to put your mind at ease.

Edit: And as a general question to everyone, when did this ride open up again? I remember it closing but have been a bit out of touch with Universal news recently.

Belle4ever22

First to agree with everyone if he is tall enough he will be fine.
Second it is noninverting loop.
Third I took my little brother, age 7, He was fine. He didnt want to get off, So we waited in the line 2 more times for him :ROFLOL:

Why was it closed?

Earlier in the year every roller coaster the company that built RRR closed every roller coaster with the same type coaster car. there were rumors that the connections between the cars were wearing out faster then expected but that was never substantiated. It was basically like an automobile recall. Universal claimed to have found the problem before the recall was made and fixed the problem. Universal wouldnt have reopened it if they didnt believe it was as safe as possible.

Also I know this is anecdotal but everyone ive talked to that has ridden or anyone i have overheard that has gotten off that ride have actually complained that it was rather slow and boring for a roller coaster. They had to delay opening because the cars were going too slow to get around the track.

So if he makes the height let him ride. He may not want to bother with it a 2nd time

jonnyc

Also I know this is anecdotal but everyone ive talked to that has ridden or anyone i have overheard that has gotten off that ride have actually complained that it was rather slow and boring for a roller coaster. They had to delay opening because the cars were going too slow to get around the track.

It is pretty tame for a 'big' rollercoaster, but I think the music really adds to the overall experience, I personally really enjoyed it. I know my Mom found it quite wild then thought The Hulk was relatively tame! She is a strange one :lol:.

Disstevefan1

The Rockit is a great coaster and is so smooth it’s almost boring, Lol

I heard it’s going away?

If it’s going away, folks should go on it before it’s too late.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom