Chicken exits

loveofamouse

For me, I have a fear of the unknown. That applies to all areas. lol. I love thrills, though, as long as I know what's going to happen. Growing up, though, my dad and my brother were riders. My mom's the chicken. I'm older than my brother so I wasn't going to let him beat me at anything and my family is the type that will poke fun atcha. lol. So there were definitely times where I was having mini, secret panic attacks before trying a NEW ride. Now, once I rode it, I was good for the future. I knew what was to be expected. Now recently, I tried M:S. I heard all of the horror stories (I was prego and couldnt ride when it first opened). My brother had not riden. My dad said it wasn't about anything. So I rode the intense side. Oh, I about peed my pants waiting in line. I didn't want to be the one that barfed! I rode it and was GREATLY disappointed lol. So that's why I am a big on saying try it once.

As for HBP, my dad and I both have HBP. We are both medicated and several medications. We don't have heart problems with rides.

WDW_Emily

My Mom is a big chicken when it comes to rides. (The Top row of Soarin' gets her sick). She has wanted to experience splash mountain for the longest time, just was too scared of the big drop. For the past 4 trips, she would get to the boarding area and then chicken out. This past trip though, she finally went on. She ended up really liking it! She said she would ride again but not every year because of the big drop.:rolleyes: hahaha but to answer your question, there is always a way out if you chicken out. :)

JillC LI

My fiancee and I are getting married in the fall and we're taking my two kids to WDW a month later as a new family honeymoon of sorts (her idea actually). This will be our first trip as a foursome to WDW and she doesn't do all the rides like we do. She does however want to experience the pre-shows and the theming of the queues but will not go on the rides for Space Mtn, Splash Mtn, ToT, RnR and Everest.

My question is: is there a chicken exit right before boarding on these rides? Splash will be tough I know because most of the "pre-show" is actually part of the attraction/ride itself.

I can vouch for the chicken exit on RnRC. We took my mom with us for the first time last month, and she kept asking everyone on line, "Are you sure I'll be able to get off the line before I have to ride?" As promised, there was a yellow door for her to exit just prior to loading.

tehSAC

I'd just encourage her to try the rides, or at least walk the queue with you then decide there.

I dont like drops, or thrill rides. I have never rode Big Thunder, Splash, or RNR. I have rode ToT because my mom promised to get me a pair of oakley's ( this was 1996) so being a 15 yr old I went. I hated every minute of it and will never do it again. I never got those oakleys either...... :mad:

Dads 2 Boys

Original Poster
I love the discussions......

However, I should have clarified that she's been to WDW 7 times and is just not a thrill ride person. She will do anything that spins 700 mph but will not do anything that drops....she hates the feeling. Whereas I can't do anything that spins 1 mph but will do anything else. :lol: My kids will go the Mad Tea Party with her while I stand by and watch! :lol:

Star Tours and Philharmagic (Aladdin section) has the simulated "drop" and she doesn't even like that. I and my kids are cool with it and this way we can still spend time together as a family.

I would never try and trick anyone or guilt anyone to go on a ride......especially a new bride for 1 month. I like my life. :sohappy:

PurpleRose

I have ridden Splash several times but have a hard time with the drop. Last time I rode I kept thinking about the drop so much that I didn't really enjoy the ride. But I do think I will get over that and go when we go in May. Like a previous poster said, the drop lasts less than 10 seconds and the ride is awesome. Don't let fear ruin a great ride for you. If you think you will panic, probably best not to go on. I am thinking this will be my first RnR though. I did ToT last time and because of that, I couldn't get myself to RnR. *crosses fingers*

inluvwithbeast

This is an interesting topic. As a kid, my parents weren't huge thrill junkies but they would still ride. Mom wouldn't do spins (which never bothered me as a kid) and Dad was a worrier when it came to heights. Each parent has one younger sister, who, along with their husbands, have always loved thrill rides. One set has 4 girls who were terrified of thrill rides as kids, but they were forced to ride. The other set has 3 kids who have never been forced to ride anything. And they're all 3 riders. Heck, the 4 year-old boy bravely boarded ToT. He cried during the drops, but he certaintly wasn't afraid up to that point.

I was never forced to ride. My parents always offered and I think that helped in part because I knew what a scaredy cat my dad was when it came to heights. What really got me to ride was when I got into middle school and all my friends were riding the coasters and the gravitron type rides. Now I ride coasters that make me pass out... And I ride them with sheer joy. I've even found that I don't get the "stomach in my throat" feeling anymore when you go down that first hill.

JohnnyDollaz89

For me, I have a fear of the unknown. That applies to all areas. lol. I love thrills, though, as long as I know what's going to happen. Growing up, though, my dad and my brother were riders. My mom's the chicken. I'm older than my brother so I wasn't going to let him beat me at anything and my family is the type that will poke fun atcha. lol. So there were definitely times where I was having mini, secret panic attacks before trying a NEW ride. Now, once I rode it, I was good for the future. I knew what was to be expected. Now recently, I tried M:S. I heard all of the horror stories (I was prego and couldnt ride when it first opened). My brother had not riden. My dad said it wasn't about anything. So I rode the intense side. Oh, I about peed my pants waiting in line. I didn't want to be the one that barfed! I rode it and was GREATLY disappointed lol. So that's why I am a big on saying try it once.

As for HBP, my dad and I both have HBP. We are both medicated and several medications. We don't have heart problems with rides.

im pretty healthy except for the HBP and im on a diet and trying to lose weight to get it down. In December of this past year i had a Kidney Biopsy to fix the Protein and Urine in my blood which was leading to my HBP, but im gonna have my heart checked to see if im okay to go on the rides, which im sure i am cuz i had an eco-cardiogram last month and the results came back fine. Then im gonna talk to my doctor before i go to see what i can do to stay calm on the rides and to not think im gonna die or have a heart attack.

Im petrified of heights, drops, the unknown, flips, so all those rides are pretty scary for me, im also afread of air planes and get motion sickness so i need medicine to keep me calm or knock me right out, i have 88 days till my trip so im gonna get to my doctor soon to figure all this out cuz i really do wanna experience all these rides even though ill have a great time if i dont do them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom