Chef Mickey's Question

DisneyBound

Ive heard all the rave about Chef Mickeys for breakfast but what about dinner? We have 5:30 ps at Chef Mickeys for our trip, is this a good time? How far in advance should we be there and from MK, what's the best mode of transportation there? I will have 3 youngns' with me, how far is the walk? TIA for any help!

Yellow Shoes

Hop on the resort monorail from MK and you are at the Contemporary and Chef Mickey's.

Just to be safe, I would plan on getting to the monorail stop by 5:00. Ask the CM if you can sit in the front with the driver. You may have to wait for the next monorail, but it is worth it.

5:30 is a good time--not quite the dinner rush.

It is a loud, fun place. Hope you weren't planning on quiet and relaxing.

You can walk from MK, but you will be tired and the monorail is fun.

Upvote 0

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Dinner is definitely the better of the two meals there. They usually have a decent selection, the desserts can be awesome, and the atmosphere is just great. Twirling your napkin more than once gets tiring, though. :snore:

Upvote 0

gjpjtj

Originally posted by DisneyBound
Thanks a bunch! :) Monorail sounds great, the kids would love to sit up front

We try to site up front whenever we can. Nice quiet ride, and a great view. All of the drivers we have met have been really nice about it!

Upvote 0
We were just at Chef Mickey's last week with our 3 DS ages 14,12 and 10. We had 5 p.m. PS and it was crowded when we got there a little late. They will first take your picture and later present you with a package to buy. (No pressure). We only bought 2 magnets. Our server was so sympathetic as my DS forgot the camerra and took the monorail all the way back tothe Polynesian. Needless to say we were there 2 hours and were not rushed. My 12 yo spilled a ton of ketchup on his WHITE shirt. Pure magic - server got us a shout wipe and we hid him behind the characters for the picture. My 10 yo enjoyed the make your own cupcake and ice cream and DH and I enjoyed the prime rib etc.

Upvote 0

Tramp

Originally posted by DisneyBound
Ive heard all the rave about Chef Mickeys for breakfast but what about dinner? We have 5:30 ps at Chef Mickeys for our trip, is this a good time? How far in advance should we be there and from MK, what's the best mode of transportation there? I will have 3 youngns' with me, how far is the walk? TIA for any help!

...ya gotta go to Chef Mickeys....Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald and the Chipmunks are all there...the food is good...you won't be sorry! It's only a 5 or 6 minute walk from the MK but the monorail works well if you're feet are killing you late in the day.

5:30 is a good time but they will seat you if you arrive a little earlier...a lot of people make PS reservations too far in advance and their plans change once they get there

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom