Chef Mickey's character changes

drew81

Original Poster
and from what I hear Dale may looking be looking a little different in the near future...

minnie2000

What are they going to change about Dale?

My children love Chip and Dale - they have never seen the cartoons, but just love them from seeing them at Disney. They are always very playful. We ran into them - literally in the AK, not a character greet, we just passed them on one of the walkways. They took my daughter's hat, autograph book, pen, and anything else they could. She was laughing so much she couldn't stand up! Finally got a picture...
florida_2003_x_third40_021.jpg

majortom1981

at garden grill

When we went to the garden grill at Epcot for dinner Chip,Dale,Pluto,and Mickey where there for dinner.

Chip and Dale are all over the place. I wouldnt be upset that they are taking them away from one place so that a less used character can take there place.

Pluto was actually more playful then the munks were.

Chanty

I hope Pluto will be at breakfast October 22nd. Weird how they want to change C&D to Donald. If you want Donald go to AK... On the other hand it is fun to have all the main Disney characters on one breakfast... :king:

~Chantal

ClemsonTigger2

Oh, we love Chip and Dale. We went to Chef Mickey's for the first time last January, and C &D spent tons of time with us. My son has a C & D shirt, which he wore nearly every day we were there, and the munks sat at the table with us and fed him his cereal! (He's 7, not a baby!) We did seem to bump into them in lots of places, but since they're my husband's favorites (and therefore my kids love them), we didn't mind - it was kind of a special treat. We'll miss them at Chef Mickey's, but I guess we can find them elsewhere.

hrmom26

i love chip and dale but we saw them everywhere and were able to get pictures with them easily but i didn't see pluto anywhere so i think it will be cool

joanna71985

Once I read this thread, I called immediately to try to get reservations - I'll be there 1st week of October, but NOTHING available:( :( ! (BTW - the last day Chef Mickey's will serve lunch is Monday Oct 2nd - they say it was just a special they had thru September) Has anyone ever been told a character meal was booked but had luck calling periodically to see if there were any cancellations?? I'm going to try that and hope it works out, but somehow I doubt it :(

They probably only did lunch for the free dining period, which is also probably why CM is booked through September into October.

karjame

we where at chef mickey's 2 weeks ago and Donald was there for dinner. He didn't go around to all the tables. The kids had to stand in line to get a picture with him.:sohappy:

Senderella

What are they going to change about Dale?

My children love Chip and Dale - they have never seen the cartoons, but just love them from seeing them at Disney. They are always very playful. We ran into them - literally in the AK, not a character greet, we just passed them on one of the walkways. They took my daughter's hat, autograph book, pen, and anything else they could. She was laughing so much she couldn't stand up! Finally got a picture...
florida_2003_x_third40_021.jpg

LOL Sounds familiar. At LTT, Dale came up to me and went to put his arm around me and purposely stuck his finger in my nose. :rolleyes: Rowdy little :zipit: :hammer:

CJR

It sounds like a bad, but smart move from Disney. Didn't they just raise the price to eat there? That's how Disney is, less for more. Why would they care about the quality of their place? Pluto will be a welcomed character, but there will still be a hole there that Pluto cannot fill. One less is one less. Hopefully it will go unnoticed. It's one of those decisions that breifly makes me hate Disney and then I forget about it. I'll just wait and hear how it's going. If I'm lucky, they'll bring Chip and Dale back and keep Pluto. That'd help make up for the $10 it's risen to eat there since my first trip.

Here's an idea, Chip and Dale should get their own meal! Toss Donald into the mix since he's usually in their cartoons. That would satisfy me. I think they should put it at The Odessy place in Epcot. That would also probably help that side of Future World since there is no other place on that wing of Epcot that serves a complete meal. The only issue there is Mexico.

drew81

Original Poster
They should do something w/Odessey, but I doubt it would be a character meal. Chip n Dale are at The Garden Grill so I doubt that will happen.

tinktwirler321

We'll be at Chef Mickeys on the 29th October. We will just catch the chipmunks before they leave! (Just made the reservation today!)

I love the chipmunks - they are such fun! They usually play around quite a bit with the kids, not just sign autographs.

I agree. They are a couple of the handful of characters that play around and dance and don't just sign autographs. I am glad that I will be going there October 28th so I will get a chance to say bye.

tinktwirler321

Chip n Dale are also at Liberty Tree Tavern. I would love for Donald to appear at Chef Mickey's. Then we could cancel our Breakfastosaurus and mover over to Chef Mickey's instead...yea! :xmas:
Wasn't Donald always at Chef Mickey's. Or he always was when I was there at least. But he didn't come to the table he just stayed at the entrance. But that was at Dinner.
It will be sad to see Chip and Dale leave.:cry: :cry: :cry:
This is a little off the subject but does anyone know if any characters are at Ohana for dinner? Any info would help. Thanks

WDWKat26

Wasn't Donald always at Chef Mickey's. Or he always was when I was there at least. But he didn't come to the table he just stayed at the entrance. But that was at Dinner.
It will be sad to see Chip and Dale leave.:cry: :cry: :cry:
This is a little off the subject but does anyone know if any characters are at Ohana for dinner? Any info would help. Thanks

No, Dinner at O'hana is not a Character meal.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I enjoyed Chip & Dale at Chef Mickey's. They're good characters, and fit in nicely with the happy theme of the restaurant.

My guess, and it's only a guess, is Disney is responding to a few complaints about there being too many characters there, or some people only wanted to see "The Big 5", so they made the change.

Donald was always at the front of the restaurant, usually seen after you had your meal and were on the way out. "Your meal" meaning dinner, since I've only had breakfast there once, and it was before we had kids. :)

Tara Stone

We were just at Chef Mickey's last week. Minnie, Mickey, Pluto and Chip and Dale made the rounds to the tables. Goofy was near the entrance and didn't circulate..you had to stand in line to see him. Chip and Dale spent the most time wit our children visiting the table three times and even trying to amuse our 1 year old...not an easy task!:lol:

KentB3

I really hate that Chip and Dale are being dropped from Chef Mickey's. They really made the place fun when I had dinner at Chef Mickey's last November. In fact, one of my most memorable character meets was from Dale at this meal, where he gave me a BIG bear hug like he was my long-lost best friend or something like that!!!!! :lol:

Here is a pic:

ChefDale.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom