Chef Mickey - is it a must??

Alana Rea Jago

Original Poster
I have a reservation for dinner at Chef Mickey on our upcoming visit in June. Anyone care to share any thought good or bad on this? Considering dropping one TS meal so any advice would be appreciated.

DisneyPrincess5

We tried it once a few years ago. We enjoyed it but just don't feel the need to go back. Food was fine, characters were fun, and we loved eating right there at the Contemporary with the monorail to watch. If you have kids, they'll love it. I say try it!

Alana Rea Jago

Original Poster
We tried it once a few years ago. We enjoyed it but just don't feel the need to go back. Food was fine, characters were fun, and we loved eating right there at the Contemporary with the monorail to watch. If you have kids, they'll love it. I say try it!
yeah we are a group of 2 families so 6 kids between us. We will be spending that day in MK and then to the contemporary which I have been told is first stop on monorail. Is that right?

fauzha7

My wife and I did it in Jan 2015 for the first time. The food was OK and the characters were fun, but we were seated in a corner table by a window that really looked past some roof tops. The table was in an out of the way area separated from the rest of diners by a wall. We felt like we were not a part of the whole experience. The server was great. There was seating for about 12 -16 people in that corner. Should have asked to be relocated.

ekutchey

If you going for the characters it is great food is your basic buffet nothing to write home about. But is you are visiting MK that day are you wanting to leave the park to eat? If not check out the character buffet at Crystal Palace inside MK. However I find Ohana to be better than Chef Mickey if you are looking to leave the park and have a character experience.

Alana Rea Jago

Original Poster
If you going for the characters it is great food is your basic buffet nothing to write home about. But is you are visiting MK that day are you wanting to leave the park to eat? If not check out the character buffet at Crystal Palace inside MK. However I find Ohana to be better than Chef Mickey if you are looking to leave the park and have a character experience.
Where is ohana?

Alana Rea Jago

Original Poster
Just a head's up...while you have a reservation for 11 people, that does not mean you have a table booked for 11. Large parties are often split into adjoining tables, based on availability.
Oh really. Very misleading then. I am assuming that the tables would be beside each other??

TheMouseFan

Oh really. Very misleading then. I am assuming that the tables would be beside each other??
We went with 10 people and were seated at 2 tables right next to each other. That is usually what happens when they don't have a table big enough. The only other restaurant where we were seated at 2 tables was 'Ohana. We were together at Tusker House, Crystal Palace, Akershus, Boma, Cinderella's Royal Table, Garden Grill, and Mama Melrose's.

rob0519

We've only done breakfast. The food selection and quality has gone down over the last 20 years as has every restaurant on the property. It's still a step above Denny's. Having said that, it's a must for us. There is nowhere else on the property that I know of where you can get your picture taken with the big 5 characters at the same time. Definitely worth it if you're using the Dining Plan. If it's out of pocket, not so much.

Alana Rea Jago

Original Poster
We've only done breakfast. The food selection and quality has gone down over the last 20 years as has every restaurant on the property. It's still a step above Denny's. Having said that, it's a must for us. There is nowhere else on the property that I know of where you can get your picture taken with the big 5 characters at the same time. Definitely worth it if you're using the Dining Plan. If it's out of pocket, not so much.
Yeah def on plan so thinking it will be worth it purely for characters! Do u recall who is there?

Andy_0410

Character wise?
Mickey Minnie Donald goofy and Pluto
As said before food is ok nothing special least it's all you can eat and the cakes and ice cream is fun. But it is mainly all about the characters

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom