Chef Art Smith's Homecoming, is it that good?

Amos1784

I've never understood the absolute rave reviews that it gets. It's a good meal and I have never been disappointing leaving, that being said I don't think its amazing. I will say however their cocktails are way above average, hand made and always fresh ingredients. Our go to now is bar seating, appetizers and drinks.

Janir

Very good fried chicken. Not overdone, juicy and flavorful. I've driven from Tampa to Orlando and back just to get to Art Smith's. This ain't KFC or Popeye's. The hot sauce is great too if you like a hot sauce that's about med heat level but with some flavor to it and not just Tabasco vinegar infused peppers. Heck I bought 4 bottles to take home unitil I could get back to Disney and buy more.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Art Smith is renown for his fried chicken. I was not impressed. Batter was bland. Agree with other posters about the mashed potatoes...weird tasting. Best part of my meal was the deviled eggs.

If his chopped pork bbq is as good as his ribs, I'd go with that.

aw14

We went there last summer and really enjoyed it. However, for us, it wasn’t a summer restaurant. The food was very good but very heavy, which can be quite uncomfortable in the Orlando heat.

mf1972

we went there on our last trip for the first time & we enjoyed it. the chicken was juicy, not dry. my wife had the short ribs that were very flavorful. only mistake was ordering a side of mac & cheese. it was good, but the portions we already had were more than enough. we skipped dessert. i wouldn’t mind going there again, but would like to try some other places too.

zeebs758

In the Parks
Yes
I thought it was pretty good. On my last trip I had the fried chicken at both Homecomin' and Olivias at Old Key West. I honestly thought Olivias was better. I will say though that the Thigh High Chicken Biscuits at Homecomin' was amazing! one of the best things I ate that entire trip. Three biscuits topped with Chef Art's famous fried chicken thighs and bread and butter pickles. Drizzled with hot honey

Club Cooloholic

The best fried chicken in the Orlando metro area is found at a restaurant up in Winter Park called The Coop. It is a sister restaurant to 4 Rivers Barbeque. A 3 piece fried chicken dinner with 2 sides is $12.49.

Lol. I actually meant to reply to the guy that said all the entrees there seem reasonable at 20 to 30 dollars. I have looked and it seems many are higher than that.

Tinkerbella16

Haven't been to Homecomin yet, but it is on my bucket list. We went to the Polite Pig in November and it was our favorite QS meal of the whole trip! The food was delicious! Everyone in our group got something different and we all loved what we ordered. I had the half chicken and it was so good!! My sister thought the pulled pork sandwich was great, and my friend love the the ribs! We will definitely be going back for sure when we go in September.

WDWBigEd

In the Parks
Yes
So we talked about going here for a while and yesterday at lunch we went. OMG it was awesome. First off every person working there was super friendly and they looked like they really enjoyed their jobs.

Everything came out hot and fresh with so much flavor. We normally chat up a storm while at the tables and no one was talking we just could not help enjoying the great food put before us.

We plan to go back again and make it a regular spot.
eggs.jpg
c1.jpg
c2.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom