Checking actual birthdays

bluefaery

My boyfriend and I are going to WDW in late March when he returns from Iraq. We want this to be a birthday trip for me. You see my birthday is actually in Jan so my birthday would have passed by the time of our trip. I was wondeirng if I go to city hall or the other places and tell them that it's my birthday, do they actually check ID's to make sure? I would love to have the buttons but I understand if the CM's check ID's.

Nemo14

My boyfriend and I are going to WDW in late March when he returns from Iraq. We want this to be a birthday trip for me. You see my birthday is actually in Jan so my birthday would have passed by the time of our trip. I was wondeirng if I go to city hall or the other places and tell them that it's my birthday, do they actually check ID's to make sure? I would love to have the buttons but I understand if the CM's check ID's.
No they don't check ID's so it's entirely up to you and your conscience.

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Disney takes the approach that if it's your "birthday" trip, whether it's near your birthday or not, you can have a button.

It doesn't guarantee you anything. You will likely be wished a "Happy Birthday" by passing CMs [and a few guests like me] and if you're lucky you might get a free dessert or treat here and there, but don't depend on or demand such treatment. If it comes, it comes.

Upvote 0

raven

We celebrated my Birthday on our last trip in May even though my birthday is actually in April. But don't let that stop you.

On a side note, when we went in September to celebrate a friends birthday he got the birthday pins (buttons) from each park. They were significant to their own park with the park name and icon on it. But when we went back in May for my birthday, all of the buttons were the same no matter what park you went to. They also write your name on the button now. Kinda of a bumber to not collect the buttons anymore but I guess these things happen.

Upvote 0

farmgirl

This is not exactly on topic but similar. They don't check for Id but one CM made us feel bad...lol. You see we grain farm and we had gotten married in July a couple years ago. Well with the farming thing July was competley out of the question for any kind of honeymoon so we thought we would go for our honeymoon in November after harvest. So we wanted to get those bride and groom hats for some pictures with characters and what not. Well one of the CM's told us congratulations and we said thank you. Then she had asked us when we were married and we told her in July. Well then she said in a rather load voice, " July ...July ..well then it isn't your honeymoon" While rolling her eyes. Well it was a honeymoon to us. I had never even been to the World before. Anyways she made us feel like idiots since so many people heard her that when we got back to our room thats where our hats stayed. We did however get a picture with Mickey as he tried to display our rings for hte camera which was nice.

Upvote 0

Uponastar

I would think that you could celebrate a special occasion whenever you choose to do so, if "the day" itself is not feasible. As long as you know you're not abusing a privilege, that is your right. Since no special favors are guaranteed, in my opinion there is no harm in celebrating a special occasion while on your vacation, even if the day itself does not fall during that time.

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
This is not exactly on topic but similar. They don't check for Id but one CM made us feel bad...lol. You see we grain farm and we had gotten married in July a couple years ago. Well with the farming thing July was competley out of the question for any kind of honeymoon so we thought we would go for our honeymoon in November after harvest. So we wanted to get those bride and groom hats for some pictures with characters and what not. Well one of the CM's told us congratulations and we said thank you. Then she had asked us when we were married and we told her in July. Well then she said in a rather load voice, " July ...July ..well then it isn't your honeymoon" While rolling her eyes. Well it was a honeymoon to us. I had never even been to the World before. Anyways she made us feel like idiots since so many people heard her that when we got back to our room thats where our hats stayed. We did however get a picture with Mickey as he tried to display our rings for hte camera which was nice.
That CM needs serious retraining!

These days lots of people take their honeymoon months and sometimes years after they get married. Doing both isn't always economically or, as in your case, timing-wise viable for couples. It's a shame that she spoiled the magic for you. I'd suggest that next time you go you wear the bride and groom hats again and capture the magic your wedding and honeymoon deserved the first time!

If I see you, you'll get a very hearty "Congratulations!" from me! :wave:

Upvote 0

farmgirl

These days lots of people take their honeymoon months and sometimes years after they get married. Doing both isn't always economically or, as in your case, timing-wise viable for couples. It's a shame that she spoiled the magic for you. I'd suggest that next time you go you wear the bride and groom hats again and capture the magic your wedding and honeymoon deserved the first time!

Thanks Monty thats what we felt too. Everyone else was very kind to us. We planned to go and wear the hats like a year in advance i read about them in a planning book. We went looking for them the first day. We just wanted to enjoy them it was fun. i think what bothered us the most was she was so rude about it she embarassed us a bit...but we went on and enjoyed the vacation. I can't see this being a common thing so to the original poster I would go for it. Get your birthday button and have a wonderful birthday celebration!

Upvote 0

VanityVictim

Yes!

Due to uncontrollable circumstances my birthday trip was canceled and I though that I would have to wait another year to do this.

Now, I'm doing it as soon as I get there!

Upvote 0

Dagger

ITA! We took our WDW HM the day after our wedding but it was honestly overload. I would actually recommend WDW HMers to wait a few weeks after the wedding if possible. We were just too "high on the wedding" still to really appreciate it. It was fun but a blur.

Anyway, I totally agree that you can still have a birthday celebratory trip in a different month if that's what worked for you.

Upvote 0
CM's are supposed to give you a "happy birthday' to make you feel extra magical .... when we went in May with our daughter for her 14th, she must have gotten at least 40-50 of em ... she also got a free sunday at MK, so she was really happy ... so go ahead and wear your B-Day button with a smile and enjoy your day .... ps. when your boyfriend gets back from Iraq ... tell em we said THANKS !!!!

Upvote 0

ebarrett

I was at WDW in January during my daughter's birthday and no one said anything to us about birthday pins or anything for her. We had a cake and sang happy birthday to her during breakfast at Cinderella's castle and again at Crystal Palace, (We did not sing at Crystal Palace). I wish I knew about the pins at that time, it was have made her 7th birthday even better. At least I know for next time.

Upvote 0

bluefaery

Original Poster
CM's are supposed to give you a "happy birthday' to make you feel extra magical .... when we went in May with our daughter for her 14th, she must have gotten at least 40-50 of em ... she also got a free sunday at MK, so she was really happy ... so go ahead and wear your B-Day button with a smile and enjoy your day .... ps. when your boyfriend gets back from Iraq ... tell em we said THANKS !!!!

Thanks I will. This is his 2nd tour over there and hopefully his last but I'm not holding my breath. That's the Army for ya.

Upvote 0

kennyj29

Birthday

I'm taking my mom for her 85th birthday in September 2007. Her birthday isn't until October 15th but we will be there the end of September. Its a matter of two weeks and the reason for the whole trip is her birthday. After 85 years on this earth I don't think two weeks will become an issue! She is so looking forward to it.

Upvote 0

ErickainPA

No ID check and didn't get any "extras" on my b-day trip. Lots of happy b-days from people that was about it. DS had his 1st disney trip button on and some comments made how cute, but that was it.

Upvote 0

EMThompsen

Tell every CM you see in the parks & hotels or speak with when making reservations that it's your Mom's birthday. Be shameless about it. Maybe nothing will happen...maybe something will. Make your mother wear her birthday button proudly for all the world to see.
Have a great time

Upvote 0
I wouls like to thank your boy friend for his service to our country. God bless him, and thank you also for supporting him. Have fun when you do get there. I think disny should have "I served my country proudly" buttons for every vet who wants one also.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom