Cheaper tickets COMING SOON

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
While I’m sympathetic to your general sentiment, I will say that this doesn’t account for expenses. I sometimes worry that Disney has spread themselves too thin these days. With each new offering comes new needs for labor, maintenance, supplies, etc. I’m sure it is still better for them to expand even with additional costs - otherwise they would simply never expand. The picture might be a little more complicated when expenses are factored in though.
I wouldn’t feel bad for Bob - Actual expansion is 15 years overdue. He just managed to kick that can down the road and charge more and more at the same time and few called him out on it.

JoeCamel

I wouldn’t feel bad for Bob - Actual expansion is 15 years overdue. He just managed to kick that can down the road and charge more and more at the same time and few called him out on it.
I can think of several other companies or governments that operate like that......

DisneyHead123

I actually like Iger (admittedly without knowing a lot about him,) but in this case I’m more sympathetic to the concept of “Disney” in general. I think there’s always a dynamic tension between quality and quantity, and everything we see as “guests” is only the tip of the iceberg in terms of the work that goes into production. I hope the growth demands being placed on Disney are realistic.

Jumping Fountains

The heat is not a factor. If it was MCO wouldn't be seeing record breaking travelers the last couple of months. People are going to Florida but avoiding both parks.
I don’t know. I’m just following long, not live, but others have noted that cruises are going gangbusters. I think of those as a way to escape heat (ocean breeze; lots of indoor/air-conditioned spaces; and tropical destinations people can spend time at the beach/in water. So based on those propositions, I’d say that crowds coming to Florida isn’t necessarily incongruous with the possibility of people avoiding theme parks with heat as one factor. Cruises do, too, pick up on “value” where Disney theme parks are dropping it, too, seemingly. I’ve done some (non-Disney) cruises the past few years and can appreciate that. (As an aside though I feel like it’s almost a cheat in that a lot of the reason that prices compare favorably to domestic vacations is because of not needing to comply with same regulations and so it sort of feels exploitative on my part!)

Disney Dead Head

The heat is not a factor. If it was MCO wouldn't be seeing record breaking travelers the last couple of months. People are going to Florida but avoiding both parks.
Maybe its reversed all those folks that moved to FL in the last few years, Maybe its them vacationing elsewhere and them returning is whats causing all the crowding at MCO

Ayla

If you don’t know already, Earth is big, and there’s so limited time to experience it, might as well check out what you enjoy without worrying about what people think of you or that you should be doing something else. The key though with life is trying things outside the box because you never know what you’ll enjoy. Some people say adding a beach day is a waste of time on a European trip. I disagree, you need days to break things up and relax. Others ignore a city’s museum because they’re boring. I mean the list goes on.
I think you should take your own advice.

Jumping Fountains

Disney is replacing a pool for teens on the Disney Dream with a ball pit. Also combining the pre teens and teens spaces so they can fit another suite into the funnel… this is everything wrong with modern Disney management only thinking short term.

Also what 11 to 17 year old would rather go in a ball pit than private pool?

“There will be new features including access to an outdoor deck with a ball pit and recreational games.”

Also, it seems like it would have been better for preteens and teens to have their own spaces still?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
TDO to Bob: "Everything is fine!"

1720557855473.png

(That's an 18-month long discount window, in case anyone missed it)

flynnibus

Premium Member
Sidebar: that’s also a pretty common behavior among SOME frequent business travelers. Shortest line and cancel the rest immediately after getting a car. Or if they have an elite status that lets them pick a car, to get a better choice of cars.
I don't think I've visited the ticket counter in like the last 20yrs with rental cars... what business traveler doesn't have 'straight to the lot' access with one, if not multiple vendors?

Bocabear

I think Drawn To Life failed to capture the public's eye...Maybe everyone is bored with so many Cirque shows...Maybe none of the publicity photos and film clips failed to catch something that sparked interest... I have been to several Cirque shows...They were all very good...but unless they are showing you some real eye-popping visuals the general public is jaded...been there done that.... I was expecting to see some amazing stuff when it first opened... and never did... The Basketball Museum or whatever the heck that was, should have become a Cirque based interactive theatrical walk-through space...Like Meow Wolf...something jaw dropping, incredibly creative and visually exciting... Perhaps tied into the theatrical show... Like a prelude to the theater but amazing enough as a standalone. That would be the perfect use for that space, cross promoted with Cirque and serve cocktails. THAT is what people want nowadays... Immersive amazing experiences....

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
I don't think I've visited the ticket counter in like the last 20yrs with rental cars... what business traveler doesn't have 'straight to the lot' access with one, if not multiple vendors?
Those that need a specific vehicle type guaranteed and don't want to risk it with what's available.

There's also those who will hold multiple reservations with the same company - one for whatever's available in the aisle and the other guaranteeing a type of car. If they see what they need in the aisle, they cancel the guaranteed type res, and if not, they cancel the aisle and get the guaranteed car (at sometimes a higher rate)

JoeCamel

I think Drawn To Life failed to capture the public's eye...Maybe everyone is bored with so many Cirque shows...Maybe none of the publicity photos and film clips failed to catch something that sparked interest... I have been to several Cirque shows...They were all very good...but unless they are showing you some real eye-popping visuals the general public is jaded...been there done that.... I was expecting to see some amazing stuff when it first opened... and never did... The Basketball Museum or whatever the heck that was, should have become a Cirque based interactive theatrical walk-through space...Like Meow Wolf...something jaw dropping, incredibly creative and visually exciting... Perhaps tied into the theatrical show... Like a prelude to the theater but amazing enough as a standalone. That would be the perfect use for that space, cross promoted with Cirque and serve cocktails. THAT is what people want nowadays... Immersive amazing experiences....
I think they leaned way to far into the Disney story rather than do what Cirque is known for. The traveling tent show is good not great as is this one but the older shows and Vegas one are miles more entertaining that this.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Those that need a specific vehicle type guaranteed and don't want to risk it with what's available.

There's also those who will hold multiple reservations with the same company - one for whatever's available in the aisle and the other guaranteeing a type of car. If they see what they need in the aisle, they cancel the guaranteed type res, and if not, they cancel the aisle and get the guaranteed car (at sometimes a higher rate)
Skipping the counter is a thing even without the 'pick from the aisle'. It's why Avis and Hertz/etc have the boards showing you your spot... Pick from any in the aisle is a thing National started.. but skipping the counter has never been a thing tied exclusively to that.

All this sounds completely unnecessary.

mattpeto

I have been debating checking this out for my fam of 4 for our summer trip but it’s still $330 with Chase discount and taxes/fees for the cheapest seats.

TrainsOfDisney

I have been debating checking this out for my fam of 4 for our summer trip but it’s still $330 with Chase discount and taxes/fees for the cheapest seats.
It’s a good show - definitely worth seeing. I want to see it again with the new acts they have rotated in.

It’s not Cirque’s best but very enjoyable. I LOVED the wheel of death themed as the old mill - if the entire show had been that level it would have been perfection.

Jumping Fountains

True story…

There was a department store in Morristown, NJ…which has since been demolished and replaced with condos (Epsteins…if I recall?) that i was in the sub basement years ago that had some storage rooms/caves that dated from the 1780s where the continental army was known to store supplies.

You want to talk about a surreal feel? We were standing were the General was during winter camp doing review…
Yeah Morristown has awesome history

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom