Cheaper tickets COMING SOON

davis_unoxx

Original Poster
Hello all! I've heard from a few people that major discounts are coming soon, due to softening demand.

It's not a secret that in the last 18 months, that room occupancy and attendance is currently going down substantially in CA and FL.

As I type this four days before July 4th. ROTR in DL is currently a 35 min wait, Indiana Jones is 20 min, and Mickey and Minnie is 10 min. Keep in mind Splash and Haunted Mansion are closed for summer which means other attractions should have higher waits in theory. Disney World in the last few hours has had Space Mountain and ROTR as low 20 min, Soarin' has been at 10 min for hours with Test Track down for refurbishment as well...

These are not good numbers for Disney anyway you spin it, and it's happening on both coasts simultaneously. Keep in mind Disneyland has a ticket special for kids, and the adult 3 day ticket deal is a very good value. In recent history we've never seen ticket deals for anyone who's not a CA resident, never-mind happening in the summer. 3 day ticket deal for kids is $50 and $83 for adults out West.

Disney should be a lot busier for this time of the year with these discounts, and fact of the matter is Florida keeps beating travel records vs prior months and years. And TSA keeps breaking daily travel records, so people are still traveling in record numbers, but not to Disney?

Disney World keeps taking rooms out of circulation, leading to an inflated occupancy number for resort stays. Even with so many rooms being taken out of circulation, I've heard that room occupancy rates are embarrassingly low.

From what I'm hearing, major ticket discounts will be announced in the next few months. The current offers aren't enough to bring families back to the park, higher ups now realizing that their mindset of the last 10+ years of constantly raising ticket prices has done more damage to the brand than they have imagined.

Stay tuned to even more discounts than have been discussed on here, good time to be a Disney consumer.

Farewell!

AndyS2992

Good, I want attendance down, why would you want the parks to be crowded? Can't speak for California but one main factor that WDW attendance is down is that people are holding off their trip until next year so they can visit Epic Universe and will rapidly increase next year as people usually don't just visit one resort.

Disneyland Paris attendance will probably take a sharp downturn this year because the entire resort is a massive construction zone right now. The Studio park is undergoing an expansion and transformation with almost the entire park covered in construction walls, Disney Village is also undergoing major renovation and Disneyland park has also been getting a big spruce up here and there. Glad to see them investing so heavily in it, though I fear it's not enough. Studio park needs two more lands at least around it's lake, not just Frozen Land, Village could do with bulldozing and starting over and Disneyland park is screaming for a new build attraction, hasn't had one since what, 2006?

Last edited:

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
I just want to point out that you have discounted tickets already through September. So expect nothing for the rest of the summer.

That being said he is correct about the low resort occupancy and rooms being taken out of service. Just take a spin around Coronado and AS.

Based on the recently released fall promotions, they are not worried about October-November, but are worried about December. We will see if that assessment is right.

ToTBellHop

The problem is they were overly aggressive with hotel rates and STILL do not offer amenities commensurate with the marketed tiers for their resorts. They need to cut rates AND improve amenities but I’m not sure they want to lose that kind of money. They are clearly trying to address this a bit with Lightning Lane but it still won’t be the case that Disney deluxes give you what Portofino, Hard Rock, and Royal Pacific do at their price points.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
The problem is they were overly aggressive with hotel rates and STILL do not offer amenities commensurate with the marketed tiers for their resorts. They need to cut rates AND improve amenities but I’m not sure they want to lose that kind of money. They are clearly trying to address this a bit with Lightning Lane but it still won’t be the case that Disney deluxes give you what Portofino, Hard Rock, and Royal Pacific do at their price points.
Look you literally just got daily housekeeping back in most hotels.
What more do you want from them??

Room Service?

Tha Realest

My feeling is they have too many disparate revenue streams to reconcile, which in turn gives them less ability to course correct.

It’s still wildly expensive, up front, even with some of those discounts and multi-day ticket promotions. That’s before G+ and LL. We’re eschewing considering any future parks trips until they get really desperate

C33Mom

Look you literally just got daily housekeeping back in most hotels.
What more do you want from them??

Room Service?
I don’t go to deluxe Disney resorts for daily housekeeping, I go for additional convenience and park access perks. I wonder what percentage of deluxe hotel visitors would (like me) prefer every 3rd or even 4/5th day housekeeping if it meant we got extended evening hours at EP, DHS, and MK every week.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom