Chase Card and FICO Scores

mmssbrg2

Original Poster
So... I'm thinking about applying for the Chase Disney Visa Card. However, I'm curious as to what the minimum FICO score they require might be. I was kind of irresponsible with my money in college, or lack thereof. So, now I'm kind of in a period of credit repair and don't want to apply and have the inquiry appear on my credit report if I may not be approved. My credit isn't horrible, but it's not perfect either...

Anyone have any insight they would like to share on this subject?

peemagg

I don't think that they consider anyone who doesn't have a score above 700. I'm not sure that they will tell anyone what their minimum number is.

Debbie

So... I'm thinking about applying for the Chase Disney Visa Card. However, I'm curious as to what the minimum FICO score they require might be. I was kind of irresponsible with my money in college, or lack thereof. So, now I'm kind of in a period of credit repair and don't want to apply and have the inquiry appear on my credit report if I may not be approved. My credit isn't horrible, but it's not perfect either...

Anyone have any insight they would like to share on this subject?

Get the book "Good Credit is $exy". It is awesome. I am in the process of repairing my credit also, and after having never run my credit for years; found stuff that wasn't even mine, and alot of inaccurate info (dob:1953----I was born in 1964). Even had my employment in Oklahoma; I've NEVER worked outside the state of Louisiana! Also, did you realize that timely car payments, and mortgage payments don't help your score much? It's the credit cards. My suggestion is to get a secured Visa for now and watch your scores rise with time---------

tigsmom

I'm going to say that it depends on how much you make more than what your FICO score is. My FICO is quite high, but I was turned down for a Disney VISA because I'm a stay at home mom =$0 income. We applied in my hubby's name and got the card right away with a very high credit limit.

tracyandalex

i think it's income more than fico score. i applied and got the card, but i think that because i only had a part time job my credit limit is really low and because of my debt to income ratio (student loans) they will not increase it. I suppose that is better anyways. you'll probably get it if your credit is ok, the question will just be what the limit is.

tracy

Trishnh

I wish I knew because I cant get one! We have a decent credit score and above average income but they denied us:cry: Ah, well..It is probably for the better!!

tracyandalex

now that i have been thinking about it, i got my card before chase took over. when i got my card it was from bankone. chase were the people that wouldn't up my credit limit. maybe it's harder to get approved with chase.

tracy

macsmom

I have a steady job, a lousy credit rating, make my house payments on time each month, paid off tons of my bills and am rebuilding my credit. I got turned down for the card. My son, on the other hand, is a college student, does not have a job, has three credit cards including the Disney card. His credit is great because Mom (me) does not want him to start off with lousy credit when he finishes school next year so his bills get paid. Actually, he will not touch his cards unless I tell him to. What a good kid. I am still learnig not to use the cards. :eek:

danna

JCorduroy

My FICO isn't great, and I got rejected for the card, despite a fairly good income. However, they also let me know the problems - delinquent account (which I comepltely forgot about and I'm paying off this week) and small ammount of time with revolving credit.

I just got a secured Visa through Bank of America, and it's drastically helping my credit rating. I think we're going to try and apply again in about 6 months, after I've got a solid 9 months with my secured card, and see what the cards hold.

I just want the rewards! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom