Characters that have never made it to the parks

MightyMouse

This may not apply as a, "was never in the park" but last October we went to the Return to Sleepy Hollow offering at Fort Wilderness Campgrounds and got to meet with the Headless one. There were maybe 20(?) other people with us at most, so the meet & greet did not feel rushed at all and with the eerie vibe surrounding the setting it was quite a memorable Halloween encounter. I'd highly recommend.

winstongator

Hey guys,

What are the characters that have never made it from the screen to the parks, but you would love to see?

One of my top choices is Pete. Considering, he's pretty popular from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and a big nemesis of Mickey's, I'm surprised he's never made it to the parks for greets. Clarabelle, Horace, and Clara Cluck all have and I consider Pete to be more popular than them.

Another one is Maui from Moana. I know he's appeared in foreign parks in shows, but never made it to the American parks. How cool would it be to have him and Moana meeting together.

There's a lot from Zootopia that they could do: Bogo, Bellwether, Clawhauser, etc.

Flower from Bambi would also be a great character. They have a lesser known character (Miss Bunny) meeting with Thumper instead of Flower who I consider more popular.

What are your guys' choices?
My daughter loves Dwayne Johnson. Dress him up like Maui and I'll wait with her for that. He'd need to be in some huge Disney blockbuster to get him to do that, and it would probably be one day, and with no advance notice.

winstongator

It seems that DLP has a lock on all of the rare character costumes. And now that I know they all exist, it would be nice to see a rotation of some of the more rare ones into the US parks. They don't all need to be there all the time but it might be nice to have one a week of rare characters, especially since I now know they have the costumes. The range of what I saw during the Cavalcade on the 25th Anniversary last year was totally insane. There we so many I didn't even recognize some of them.

I've got hundreds of shots from that parade (it was amazing) but one I had never seen beforeis the one and only miss Jessica Rabbit:
View attachment 276039

Another was Kuzco
View attachment 276040
Launchpad McQuack behind Jessica in that first one.

donsullivan

Premium Member
Launchpad McQuack behind Jessica in that first one.

Darkwing Duck was over there with him as well but since they were on the other side of the road I wasn't able to get any decent shots.
D81_2615.jpg

And to go along with the obscure characters reference that started this thread, they also featured Milo from Atlantis.

D81_2854.jpg

And a couple from Treasure Island
D81_2887.jpg

Last edited:

Disneyrailfan1996

It seems that DLP has a lock on all of the rare character costumes. And now that I know they all exist, it would be nice to see a rotation of some of the more rare ones into the US parks.
Darkwing Duck was over there with him as well but since they were on the other side of the road I wasn't able to get any decent shots.
View attachment 277165
They HAVE actually made apparences in US parks, Magic Kingdom had some of them one time for a private event, which is a story I'll tell! And yes, it involves darkwing duck!
So let's flashback to spring 2017, when I was a DCP intern working in Magic Kingdom in attractions for Storybook Circus (Barnstormer and Dumbo). For 2 nights in march, Magic Kingdom was closed to guests at the normal time of 10:00 or 11:00 (i forget), but it was open to DVC members who bought tickets for this special event that I think was called "DVC homecoming" or something like that. During that time, I was working late at the Barnstormer for the event, and they had some characters near Casey Jr. Splash N Soak station (of course, the water was turned off). And among those characters was taking pictures with guests? Darkwing Duck! I saw him both nights, but because I was working, I couldn't take pictures of or with him. You're lucky to have seen him, though! That's perhaps a once in a life time opportunity! I'm kind of jealous too! As for other rare characters, I MAY have seen some others those nights. I think Max (Goofy's son) was one of them (or at least in the outfit I had on, which I can't remember). I imagine that Disney does have some of these rare costumes hidden away somewhere at least in Magic Kingdom (well, obviously backstage that is) for these special events like I mentioned, and also perhaps for when the time comes that they can have dedicated meet and greet locations for them.

JSchnitz

My main question is, why if they have all these costumes stored away and obviously accessible for all these paid events, do they not bring these characters out more often? Throw some real "surprise" characters in the parks!

AndyS2992

They had them too...Found this video on youtube...Not Sure who the girl is singing (or what she is singing for that matter) But, apparently she has a bunch of videos featuring the Oliver & Company Characters...

And they also had a Float during the 1988 premier...
oiliili7469111.jpg

The ‘N’ on the Disney logo is upside down and back to front on that float.. odd

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom